Luke Walton

Heim

EOG Master
Doc was adamant last night he's not going anywhere......Peter Vescey the old school guy from NBC broke the story. I will
be surprised if it's not Lue. He understands Lebron and his mood swings. Love will probably be a Laker plus a FA and
Gamebred's boy will be dancing a jig.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Doc was adamant last night he's not going anywhere......Peter Vescey the old school guy from NBC broke the story. I will
be surprised if it's not Lue.
He understands Lebron and his mood swings. Love will probably be a Laker plus a FA and
Gamebred's boy will be dancing a jig.

Prepare to be surprised because we are going to have major problems if that happens; I don't have a crystal ball but I just can't imagine it. If it somehow does happen, they better put together a bunch of stars so Lue can only fuck things up so much.

Why not make Lebron James a Player coach and get it done with?

LOL.

How about Player-GM as well. The optics are so bad if Lue is hired, it's ridiculous. Why not just come out and say that LBJ runs that storied franchise.

Heim

EOG Master
The only thing holding back a Lue hire is everyone saying 'see LeBron is calling the shots'.... not sure Magic's ego can deal with that.

kane

EOG master
If I were the Lakers I would offer Miami a first round pick for Erik Spoelstra, I highly doubt Pat Riley would make that deal, but it's at least worth a phone call. I would also maybe go after Stan Van Gundy, there aren't many good options out there right now.

MrTop

EOG Master
If I were the Lakers I would offer Miami a first round pick for Erik Spoelstra, I highly doubt Pat Riley would make that deal, but it's at least worth a phone call. I would also maybe go after Stan Van Gundy, there aren't many good options out there right now.

it is not the coach. It is the people above the coach. Bringing LeBron in for 35 million per was the mistake.

Heim

EOG Master
Smart move by Walton....why wait for the other shoe to drop in La La Land when he's wanted in SAC.

Heim

EOG Master
I don't get the love for Luke Walton. 3 losing seasons, limited offensive schemes and baffling substitution patterns. I think it's someone Divac can push around imo.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Between Lue and Williams, which one do you think LeBron will Hire ?

If LBJ hires Lue, there's going to be an issue between us and I'm being serious Yeah. Lue won a title.... w/ LBJ carrying him (margins better than anyone in the LG at the time) and oh yeah he also had Kyrie and Love.

For fucks sake, why don't we just come out and say LBJ runs LA. His legacy is that he missed the playoffs his first year? No, his legacy will be that this motherfucker, at 35-years old,, absolutely ran the most storied frachise in NBA history.

All LBJ trolls (not you BM) must unite behind me in blocking this hire; it's death for them and too much stress for me.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If LBJ hires Lue, there's going to be an issue between us and I'm being serious Yeah. Lue won a title.... w/ LBJ carrying him (margins better than anyone in the LG at the time) and oh yeah he also had Kyrie and Love.

For fucks sake, why don't we just come out and say LBJ runs LA. His legacy is that he missed the playoffs his first year? No, his legacy will be that this motherfucker, at 35-years old,, absolutely ran the most storied frachise in NBA history.

All LBJ trolls (not you BM) must unite behind me in blocking this hire; it's death for them and too much stress for me.

At 35, most guys are getting run out of the LG, they aren't running the most storied NBA franchise in the history of the Universe. We all must pull the rope in the same direction on this one;

No Lue, No Way, No How.

They can still win a title w/ him but our odds are decreased and we can't afford that.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
LeBron needs All-Star teammates.

The coach isn't nearly as important as the talent in the NBA.

Therein lies the rub; if he gets those, the Lue-factor is mitigated. However, if he gets AD, then all he needs are role-players around him (Lue-factor exacerbated to the downside.)

kane

EOG master
At 35, most guys are getting run out of the LG, they aren't running the most storied NBA franchise in the history of the Universe. We all must pull the rope in the same direction on this one;

No Lue, No Way, No How.

They can still win a title w/ him but our odds are decreased and we can't afford that.

LeBron isn't running the Boston Celtics

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
He does not need a coach. Make him player coach. Then if the team does not win he can fire himself.

Bill Russell did it. the greatest basketball player in the world should be able to do this.

I always love watching the Lakers implode. What a shitshow they have been for a decade now. Its awesome.

Kobe was a cancer but he was good enough to get them a couple rings, but Jerry West is the guy who really made all those rings possible. Even when he wasnt there. that deal with Pau Gasol that got AL the last 2 rings was criminal but theyre paying for it now.

But Lakers got Kobe 2.0, a talent that will sell tickets on a sub 500 team and a cancer no other start will want to play with, unfortunately Lebron is past his prime and that makes him even worse. Plus he is worse than Kobe when it comes to killing coaches and demanding certain talent to play or not want to play with.

No one is going to go to the Lakers with lebron there, thats something they over estimated and with his act this past season that really makes it so no free agent will go there. Even if they try and trade and force someone to go there they will have to give up too much because they dont have anything to make them a serious contender anyway.

I said all this last year when they signed lebron thats the first sports bet I had made in a few years. Lakers NOT making the play offs and under 61.5 game. Some places had 62.5 but the odds sucked. I would have bet under 45 and if there was a prop I would have bet under .500 as well but I couldnt find it anywhere.

When the old man died that ended the lakers as anything serious. All they are now is the franchise who thinks they can still charge top dollar prices for a D league roster. But they knew what they were doing with Lebron, biggest name in the sport will sell those tickets. They really couldnt care less if they win or not at this pojnt. That is probably going to be their plan going forward. Signing the biggest name in the game and having a revolving door of washed up has beens who put asses in seats playing with a bunch of scrubs. People out there are so stupid and vapid they dont even realize whats going on. And they think that this team has a legit shot at another ball when they dont have a legit shot at even making the play offs.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, WANTI.

Here's a marketing issue for the Lakers: The fans still love Kobe.

LeBron not as popular as Kobe.

kane

EOG master
I can't say this was unexpected :) However, they have one on you, don't they?

The Boston Celtics have won 17 championships, the Lakers have won 16, but 5 of them came when they played in Minnesota, so the Los Angeles Lakers have 11, the Celtics also have more players in the HOF than any other franchise as well as more retired numbers than any other franchise

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The Boston Celtics have won 17 championships, the Lakers have won 16, but 5 of them came when they played in Minnesota, so the Los Angeles Lakers have 11, the Celtics also have more players in the HOF than any other franchise as well as more retired numbers than any other franchise

Just googled it and Bleacher Report (a joke) has LA as the most storied frachise. Not saying you are wrong but you are ruining my narrative :) Let's let this one go as I could care less for LA if My LeBron wasn't there; personally, I didn't want him there as I think they are bunch of incompetent idiots and their fans are morons who don't deserve LBJ... But, it is what it is.

kane

EOG master
Just googled it and Bleacher Report (a joke) has LA as the most storied frachise. Not saying you are wrong but you are ruining my narrative :) Let's let this one go as I could care less for LA if My LeBron wasn't there; personally, I didn't want him there as I think they are bunch of incompetent idiots and their fans are morons who don't deserve LBJ... But, it is what it is.

Game, think about how you feel about LBJ, then multiply it by 100, that's how I feel about the Celtics. I'll fight anyone who thinks the Lakers are a more storied franchise than the Celtics, and that includes BR. You're a good guy, and in a few years when LBJ is no longer there you won't care about the Lakers anyway, so I have nothing against you

Heim

EOG Master
Poor Luke if only they kept Lou Williams, Randle, Russel and Lopez. You can throw in Zubac and Shamet too. They probably
make the playoffs.