Major shakeup at Sportsmemo

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
ChuckyG;n7451950 said:
Oliver can shine my shoes.

Have you crossed paths with Dean Oliver, ChuckyG?

He has served in several NBA front offices, including Denver and Sacramento.

MrTop

EOG Master
Woodrow Wilson;n7452334 said:
Is comptr bob getting any bettor iq handicapper's picks prior to kickoff for tracking purposes?

good question. Knowing the true results first are better than paying for the picks and getting crushed.

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
patswin;n7451867 said:
what ever happened to Trushel that he left so abruptly? Didn't it have something to do with credit accounts at the greek? Always liked listening to his opinions

Tim went on a losing streak and just like any degenerate, started chasing after his losses. Lost big on a credit account and was unable to pay.

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
GameBred;n7451676 said:
Just a bunch of losers pretending they are winners; what's new?

Yeah, as a professional bettor, I'm going to open the kimono and share intellectual property that took years of blood and sweat equity to acquire. Makes a ton of sense. Actually, it makes no sense at all if you're a pro but all those guys are weak wannabes with the exception of Dink; Animal is Latin for, "Soul."

Nailed it.

Scatana Fas

EOG Addicted
MrTop;n7452342 said:
good question. Knowing the true results first are better than paying for the picks and getting crushed.

Whatever happened there happened really fast. He was on the radio and all was good Friday am. Must have had a really bad weekend, and by Monday morning, he was gone from the site and gone from the radio and off to rehab. I did hear they were way behind paying some of the radio stations they were on at the time. I wonder how much the stiff job was on his betting, but he was a great salesman.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Lange seems pretty sharp. When he is interviewing someone who has a good knowledge of sports is podcast can be decent. The other handicappers may just be there to generate sales or to advertise when they go on temporary win streaks.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Got a request for the Sportsmemo cappers (now with BettorIQ) long term records (since Feb 2009):

Name W L W% Units ROI [TABLE="border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0, width: 287"]

[TD="width: 96, bgcolor: transparent"]

[/TD]
[TD="width: 52, bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]

[/TD]
[TD="width: 44, bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]

[/TD]
[TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]

52.65%

[/TD]
[TD="width: 63, bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]

[/TD]
[TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]

1.90%

[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]

[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, align: right"]

[/TD]

[/TD]

52.53%

[/TD]

[/TD]

0.84%

[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]

M Otto

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

53.38%

[/TD]

[/TD]

1.39%

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Woodrow Wilson;n7452334 said:
Is comptr bob getting any bettor iq handicapper's picks prior to kickoff for tracking purposes?

So far I only have Drink's CFB Week 0 and Week 1 picks sent via PM on Aug 25..

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
In typical fashion Drink only gave out a pick with the line moving in his favor. Laid Colorado -6 and later said he'd probably lay 7.5.

Good luck in the tout world Eddie because you can't maintain any credibility giving out picks you bet at -6 and while your customers laying 7.5.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Woodrow Wilson;n7452931 said:
In typical fashion Drink only gave out a pick with the line moving in his favor. Laid Colorado -6 and later said he'd probably lay 7.5.

Good luck in the tout world Eddie because you can't maintain any credibility giving out picks you bet at -6 and while your customers laying 7.5.

Thanks for the best wishes and even more of a thank you for listening. If youre unaware colorado was-6 with small limits prior to Sunday. I didn't release the play to anyone. I also didn't release Northwestern +3.5. Are they both now terrible bets now? No I don't beleive so. I haven't relistened but I believe I said I might still bet -7.5 if I had a choice. No customers were given either play as it had crossed a line I wasn't comfortable with. As is the similar to more than half of my plays.

Regardless have always been a fan of your contributions and glad we are both rooting for one another.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Got a request for the Sportsmemo cappers (now with BettorIQ) long term records (since Feb 2009):

Name W L W% Units ROI [TABLE]

[TD="width: 96"]

E Rynning

[/TD]
[TD="width: 52, align: right"]2738[/TD]
[TD="width: 44, align: right"]2462[/TD]
[TD="width: 64, align: right"]52.65%[/TD]
[TD="width: 63, align: right"]107.105[/TD]
[TD="width: 64, align: right"]1.90%[/TD]

Andrew L

[TD="align: right"]2337[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2112[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]52.53%[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]42.070[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.84%[/TD]

M Otto

[TD="align: right"]2157[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1884[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]53.38%[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]66.525[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.39%[/TD]

[/TABLE]

And these were tracked at Sportsmemo? How trustworthy are these stats? All this tracking of cappers is just worth garbage! Without some kind of time/date stamp and the entire list of action-how do you believe anything from anybody? These stats are bad and I still do not trust them. Mankind has not yet invented a credible tracking system of picks.

Drnkyourmlkshk;n7452938 said:
Thanks for the best wishes and even more of a thank you for listening. If youre unaware colorado was-6 with small limits prior to Sunday. I didn't release the play to anyone. I also didn't release Northwestern +3.5. Are they both now terrible bets now? No I don't beleive so. I haven't relistened but I believe I said I might still bet -7.5 if I had a choice. No customers were given either play as it had crossed a line I wasn't comfortable with. As is the similar to more than half of my plays.

You need to get out of this type of talk as a tout.

As I am listening to your podcast here are some thoughts I have:

You will be continually called out and look like a liar (because you have no proof and sound like hundreds of other of touts over the years) with this "I bet the team at 3.5 and it is now 2" or "I bet the team at -6 and it is now -7.5"

This is perfectly fine talk for one who is not a tout (say whatever you want, you are not charging anyone for a "service"), but as a tout you just look like a POS talking like this.

Also, saying, "yeah, I gave the line out at -6 to my subscribers and the line is now -7.5," is also not a good strategy to develop legitimacy. You sound like every other tout who beats a line or two.

Just say "Yeah, I don't like anyone at the current line," or whatever.... and then talk about your various talking points for the specific game

The overall point is every time you say, "I bet this game at X" and X is better than the current market price you come across as illegitimate.

This shiz has been done for years and years and is not an effective strategy towards gaining respect.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The information on this podcast is better than anything that has been out there in the past. Why can't some people just stop bitching and simply take was is provided and add it to your own work. There is a huge market for selling picks and it is only going to get 100x once legalized sports betting comes all across the USA. It's a fact. There is a market and it isn't going away.

People are going to spend their money however they want. If they want to spend it getting picks....they will.

Having Drink and Waz on this podcast is great. Lange is solid as well.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Inkwell77;n7452963 said:
The overall point is every time you say, "I bet this game at X" and X is better than the current market price you come across as illegitimate.

This shiz has been done for years and years and is not an effective strategy towards gaining respect.

I believe Drink when he talks about his wagers, but Inkwell makes a good point.

The shysters, who unlike Drink are not in the arena, have been using this type of talk for years and it's now a part of their playbook.

Everyone seems to lay the lowest number on the favorite and "high points" the underdog.

Sleepy

EOG Master
Brad Powers is another tout who constantly reminds us of all his bets that are ahead of the market. Sick of hearing about his Michigan +6 ticket. Pretty sure no customers got that play and not ONCE has he mentioned he lost last year at college football.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Inkwell77;n7452962 said:

You will be continually called out and look like a liar (because you have no proof and sound like hundreds of other of touts over the years) with this "I bet the team at 3.5 and it is now 2" or "I bet the team at -6 and it is now -7.5"

This is perfectly fine talk for one who is not a tout (say whatever you want, you are not charging anyone for a "service"), but as a tout you just look like a POS talking like this.

Also, saying, "yeah, I gave the line out at -6 to my subscribers and the line is now -7.5," is also not a good strategy to develop legitimacy. You sound like every other tout who beats a line or two.

Just say "Yeah, I don't like anyone at the current line," or whatever.... and then talk about your various talking points for the specific game

Been listening and reading Drink for several years and I do not really recall him ever saying he had previously bet something and now he has the worst of the number.

A piece of free advice now that you're a tout Eddie...either end the mentioning of seemingly always being on the right side of moves or your credibility is going to crumble.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Woodrow Wilson;n7453001 said:
Been listening and reading Drink for several years and I do not really recall him ever saying he had previously bet something and now he has the worst of the number.

A piece of free advice now that you're a tout Eddie...either end the mentioning of seemingly always being on the right side of moves or your credibility is going to crumble.

Untrue. I fess up to market losers no problem. I got crushed on the mtsu total 3 points upside down there currently. There are always at least a couple I mess up after week 4. Theres also always a play or two that catch the screen and look like im going to crush the closer and 5 minutes to kick im upside down.
Theres good feedback here though.

I would like to do podcasts with what im looking for a watching for on games I havent bet instead of what I have bet. I think that's more informative than plays.
Have a great weekend and I hope everyone crushes week 1.

pokerjoe

EOG Senior Member
Inkwell77;n7452962 said:

Drink, I wish you and Waz well, but Inkwell is right about this. Don't past-tense this stuff. It may sound sharp to the square, but it sounds shit to the sharp. On twitter, my rule is if the line's gone, I don't mention the play. It's GONE.

Good luck.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Thus far I have enjoyed listening to the ER and Waz podcasts. Eddie will be a fairly decent listen, but only after he finally quits mentioning how he bet 12 different games at better than current lines.

Micah Joe crushing the competition if you believe in the bettoriq "recap"

Erin Rynning also in the positive territory.

Everyone else seems to be negative based on my quick look at the results (don't take this as factual, I may be off, I just quickly glanced and those two posters seemed to be in the positive, while the others did not)

ComptrBob

EOG Master
railbird;n7455298 said:
im showing Milkshake at 6-12-1, see if computer bob can confirm

That's what I get from BettorIQ's RECAP, -5.2u.

Drink has sent me all of his picks for Weeks 0 through 3 (that he remembers to send … LOL), he seems to be using a relatively small number (around 45%) to send out to BettorIQ. Overall he is getting the better of the number (closing line differential) but still losing.

railbird

EOG Master
ComptrBob;n7451656 said:
BettorIQ is doing the classic Sportsmemo data subset con job by singling out only CBB since 2012. For the decade, Lange overall is 2337-2112, +42.07u at Sportsmemo, but he lost overall in each of 2009,10, and 11.

I looked at Lange for CBB for last season (Nov 2017-Mar 2018), he was 54-48-4, -1.10u so a small loser last year. I'll complete the record when I get time.
https://bettoriq.com/recap/ Milkshake and Andrew Lange giving out both sides as there best bets

Heim

EOG Master
I will always remember Erin Rynning on JK's show years ago right before the start of the NFL season. JK asks him for some plays and/or insights and Rynning says he hasn't looked at the NFL yet. Week 1!?... He ain't worth a damn anyways except for the NBA and once he gets a few units ahead it's three picks a week if that. I still don't believe the folklore that big syndicates played his MLB stuff. He's been complete shit the last few years. I do believe he has some syndicate contacts that give him stuff yes. And naturally they're solid for $25.

P.S. Rumor the Advantage Group is Gabe and twitter buddy Larry Feldman.

MrTop

EOG Master
ER plays many sports. I wanted to see , not really to bet his plays but to just see it live. Plays his first set about 11-1130 EST. Had him for 2-3 months. horrible. Then soon as I let him go. he went on a run hitting better than ty cobb.

Valuist

EOG Master
Listening to the podcast with Waz today. Bettor IQ flying high. Never a losing week. Have touts ever talked about negative run coming because they've overperformed EV? I didn't think so.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
MrTop;n7457002 said:
ER plays many sports. I wanted to see , not really to bet his plays but to just see it live. Plays his first set about 11-1130 EST. Had him for 2-3 months. horrible. Then soon as I let him go. he went on a run hitting better than ty cobb.

Funny how it always seems to work like that. When I first starting getting into this shit, I used to get all kinds of Mike Warren stuff in the mail, including his horse of the month club. Month after month, a good priced winner, at tracks all Across America. I naively signed up for about $10 for 3 months, or something like that. Sure enough, for my 3 months, no winners. But after my 3 months, when I'm still getting the junk mail, the winning started up right again. It's amazing. :LMAO

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Hilarious new changes. As previously posted, Sportsmemo was acquired by Wagertalk.

KellyInVegas is now doing Sportsmemo podcasts with cappers such as Teddy Covers. They add 4 cappers, Andrew McInnis, Kyle Hunter, Nick Borrman, and Erik Parkila. I have no idea who these guys are.

Looks like their forum has been scrapped. The RECAP page only covers yesterday's picks, however each capper's page has a slew of data-mined "trends' and lists the last 20 plays.

Looks like they have completed their transformation into a worthless tout site.

Heim

EOG Master
Not sure why Wagertalk wants to keep Memo alive. Take Covers & Crow & fold up shop. It's a dead site. Why incur additional overhead with videos & maintaining the site not to mention they're in competition with each other peddling the same good.