Marc Lawrence - Seriously?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
On Covers he is giving out a Free pick on the O's/A's game. Marc is really going out on a limb here. He is giving out: A's -204.......as his Free Pick. Seriously.

Way to go Marc! You show them, right! Let's have a show of hands here on how many people do you think will follow Marc and play a $2 fave? Hopefully - NONE! Sadly - some.

I don't care if the A's win or not...............to put out a "Free Pick" on a $2 fave is disgraceful. But pretty much "Par for the Course" for this industry. Sadly. "Surprised" he didn't give out Dodgers -250ish for his Free Play/Day. Why not!

https://www.covers.com/Sports/MLB/Matchups?selectedDate=2019-06-17

Attachments

• MarcLawrence.jpg
    MarcLawrence.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 6

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Mike Lee used to consistently use the Heaviest Fav on the MLB as his Free Phone daily comp. Would accumulate a solid record and quote his 65% win rate. Never quoted a net +/-Units.

Heim

EOG Master
He's probably my all-time favorite tout. I buy his Playbook every year. I loved his radio show on Friday nights late 90s, early 2000s from Florida.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Mike Lee used to consistently use the Heaviest Fav on the MLB as his Free Phone daily comp. Would accumulate a solid record and quote his 65% win rate. Never quoted a net +/-Units.

Sorta like the ESPN show "Daily Wager" where they have a "Best Bets" segment and they tell you the record so far of all BB picks. But the one thing they fail to tell you is Units Won/Lost and I 100% GUARANTEE YOU they are deep in the Red since they give out heavily juiced plays all of the time and treat all losers as if they were -110 when I'd bet their losing plays average at least -125 if not more. I have Carpal Tunnel from Tweeting Doug K they need to maintain units Won/Lost as well as record. They never will because.......truth hurts

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Sorta like the ESPN show "Daily Wager" where they have a "Best Bets" segment and they tell you the record so far of all BB picks. But the one thing they fail to tell you is Units Won/Lost and I 100% GUARANTEE YOU they are deep in the Red since they give out heavily juiced plays all of the time and treat all losers as if they were -110 when I'd bet their losing plays average at least -125 if not more. I have Carpal Tunnel from Tweeting Doug K they need to maintain units Won/Lost as well as record. They never will because.......truth hurts

Most people fail miserably on the concept of Moneyline. Moneyline converts to a break-even %, but people think in terms of black/white. Props to anyone who can beat a Moneyline sport.

wirelessjava

EOG Enthusiast
Here is Marc's record in CFB and NFL

THis last year 2018

Marc Lawrence Playbook NCAA
5* (6-7)
4* (6-7)
3* (5-7-1)
Upset pick (4-10)
Betcha Didn't Know (4-18-1)
Awesome Angle (5-11)
Incredible Stat (6-7-1)

Marc Lawrence Playbook NFL
5* (9-4)
4* (7-6)
3* (7-6)

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Who is the bigger trend finder? Ralphie Michaels, Marc Lawrence, or Big Al?

I would have to say that the common bettors loves to buy a pick with a 18-2 ATS trend....but they don't hear exactly how deep and hard they had to dig to find that trend.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
No doubt, Sporty.

The newbies love the mechanical 18-2 trend until they learn about data-mining.

I remember talking to Big Al at the Stardust one night before a radio show and he told me, "Whatever you do, don't ask me about the players or coaches. I cannot name any of them"

Too funny.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
No doubt, Sporty.

The newbies love the mechanical 18-2 trend until they learn about data-mining.

I remember talking to Big Al at the Stardust one night before a radio show and he told me, "Whatever you do, don't ask me about the players or coaches. I cannot name any of them"

Too funny.
The fucked up thing is that didn't Big Al win a few of those contests back in the day.