March Madness.....April Gladness (Newest Blog Entry)

billysink

EOG Dedicated
I really enjoy this blog. Pizza looks damn near perfect and the cold sarsaparilla a perfect match.

Real happy you got back on the court guy I love a fighter. Guys like me who been brawling forever ain't no wheres near as tough as a man who fought for his life.

Not even close.

To your next 700 games.

1617915713883.png

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I really enjoy this blog. Pizza looks damn near perfect and the cold sarsaparilla a perfect match.

Real happy you got back on the court guy I love a fighter. Guys like me who been brawling forever ain't no wheres near as tough as a man who fought for his life.

Not even close.

To your next 700 games.

View attachment 7463895

Thanks. I like doing this because it gives me an open forum to express my thoughts and not have anyone censor them. The one thing I have intentionally done is keep politics out of it.

I was in my fair share of fights growing up. It is what it is. I never really "fought for my life" since from the very beginning my Oncologist told me I would beat it. The one thing he did tell me that was both nice to hear and jarring was when he said: "You can beat this. If you had any other kind I'd work on making the last few months of your life as pain-free and compassionate as possible."

THAT was when it really hit home what I was facing.

As for that A&W Mug - only one thing missing: A nice heaping scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream! Root Beer Floats are YUMMMMMMMMMM and I actually had one on Tuesday with what was left over

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Never realized pizza and soda could satisfy anyone so thoroughly.

Great story, Wink.

Perseverance makes you a winner.

The insignificance of the college basketball championship games stands in sharp contrast to the critical life-or-death chemo treatments.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Somebody ask Kinky what this means or what is the intended joke. I searched "niece" and didn't find another hit for context.

"It felt great to knock a pair of items off the list I made of things I wanted to accomplish when I got better. Thankfully the #1 item happened January 1, 2019 when I went back to Dave & Buster’s with my niece – a place I have taken her many more times than the number of years she has been alive (She will be 14 in June......if we let her live that long)."

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I am going to step out and say that exact joke has never been made before. I've never heard or read it. That it is not funny is not the point. The intention is what I'd like to know.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I am going to step out and say that exact joke has never been made before. I've never heard or read it. That it is not funny is not the point. The intention is what I'd like to know.

The family is smothering the 14-year-old girl with love.

Good enough for me.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Cancer is a scary disease.

As I understand it, cancer is when your body's cells attack one another.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I read the entire thing. Not only no context but not tethered to the rest of the blog. Just something added at the end.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This was the end of the blog about howid Kinky celebrated beating cancer by watching the Baylor boys crush Gonzaga healthy and at home instead of sick at the hospital.

“YES” is the answer to your question. It was sooooooooooooo goooooooooood. The pizza was far better than the game – a complete one-sided affair that Baylor dominated from the opening whistle. But just like in 2019, the score did not matter. Unlike 2019 the fact I was not hooked up to tubes and watching from a room at Hoag Hospital made this one of the most enjoyable basketball games I have ever seen.

WTF is this?

It felt great to knock a pair of items off the list I made of things I wanted to accomplish when I got better. Thankfully the #1 item happened January 1, 2019 when I went back to Dave & Buster’s with my niece – a place I have taken her many more times than the number of years she has been alive (She will be 14 in June......if we let her live that long).

I'm being respectful and genuine. It's a legitimate question.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Winky loves his niece.

You have to read between the lines.

My niece and I have the same initials. I see sooooooooooo much of me in her. We are/were both very smart for our ages and neither one of us takes any shit from anyone. But she is far smarter at her age than I was. She has been taking Mandarin Chinese lessons since she was 5 and she has won distinguished science awards at her school for 7th and 8th grade. She will be someone special in the World one day.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I enjoyed your blog, Winky. Very interesting, and Thanks for putting it on here.

JK sent me some texts and as I told him: The format allows me to write whatever I want for whatever length I want and cover whatever topic(s) I want. It is a cathartic release for me.

Are there better pizzas than BJ's? FFFFFFFF YES! Is Rooty Beer good for me? FFFF NO! But every so often you just gotta say FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IT! And do it anyway. I am limited to 18 ounces or Red Meat in a week. Most weeks I don't come close to it. Every so often I will exceed it - so be it. I know Ribs are technically not "red Meat" but I consider it for the purpose of keeping track of it. Some weeks I have made a ton of ribs for the family and what is left over is good the next day.

The one thing I have learned the past 2-ish years: I shrug my shoulders a lot more now.

If you like something I did.......thank you for it!
If you don't like something I did....sorry to hear that. That is your right. But unless you can give me a solid reason why what I did was wrong I just shrug it off

I don't let much bother me any more. When I did Census work last year I had at least 5 people threaten to shoot me. I told them I beat Cancer the year before so nothing they say or do will bother or upset me. All I ask is: Hate me for the right reasons. If people hate me for the right reasons I can't argue that. But if you think I am gonna get upset from people who know nothing about me and know nothing of how much I do to help the homeless and less fortunate and do it without going on Social Media or similar to let all know what I did - you are wrong.

I operate under the Bobby Knight philosophy:
**When you CALL me an Asshole - I will ignore you
**When you tell me WHY I am an Asshole - I will listen

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Close your eyes wide shut and imagine a middle aged man introducing his 13 year old niece and saying that. Would you have a wait, what moment?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Calling Computer Bob. Do we have a timeline issue?

10/31/2018 Winky gets sick.

I have gone over this before but on Halloween, 2018 I woke up like I did every other day of my life. I put my feet on the floor to get out of bed and when I did, I immediately collapsed on the floor. My right leg felt like someone was hammering nails into it. I got it diagnosed, more like mis-diagnosed, two times before an MRI taken in mid-February 2019 revealed Stage 4 Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.

4/18/19 Winky watches the Beaverball championship in his hospital room as he is getting chemo.

I did the same the next day. Monday, April 8. I set my alarm for 7:15 pm so I could see the second half of Virginia and Texas Tech. I watched some but at times it was too painful to even open my eyes, so I listened to the game. Of course, the game went to overtime meaning I had to stay up even later. Virginia won the game but since Cal State Fullerton did not win, I did not care about this.

And, um. Well, just look at the date.

It felt great to knock a pair of items off the list I made of things I wanted to accomplish when I got better. Thankfully the #1 item happened January 1, 2019 when I went back to Dave & Buster’s with my niece – a place I have taken her many more times than the number of years she has been alive (She will be 14 in June......if we let her live that long).

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The manchild is a disaster. It's not that he cheats and lies. It's that he is so bad at it, he gets caught easily.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Good Yes Masters morning. There is nothing Kinky can do normally. He is incapable. Get the fucking dates right. It's a simple proof Patty read. Even if you are making it up. Especially if you are making it up. And why did you think it was funny to joke about killing your niece? I guess it's funny you abused your little sister or so the story goes...

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Typical Kinky. He tries to cheat and lie, gets caught then ignores the accusation and abandons the thread. You can say mistake on the dates and didn't poof edit but howid you mess up such an important date considering the context? It's like me messing up the years of memorable in a bad way Detroit Lions games. It was late 1983 when that cocksucker Eddie Murray missed the game winning fg against the 49ers in the playoffs to go to the NFC championship against the Redskins. It will always be late 1983 not '82 or '84. Different bad beat games and moments for those years.

You are a fraud, Kinky. And I still want to know why you think it was funny to joke about killing your cutie niece.