Mark Cuban's Gigantic Miscalculation

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
The Mavericks have collapsed to the point where they look basically on an even footing with a 9-37 Lakers team. Deron Williams is never going to be anything and Dirk is at the end of his rope. Parsons is trash and Wesley Matthews is terrible. JJ Barea is the guy stepping up as the go to man for the Mavs, and this is a lot of money poured into this team instead of trading pieces and tanking. That was the smart decision, now it's going to be a rough go for the Mavericks for a long time.

Heim

EOG Master
Re: Mark Cuban's Gigantic Miscalculation

Signed marginal talent to short term deals trying to free up cap space for star FA. Unfortunately team was aging became mediocre & no top shelf FA wanted to go there....in a nutshell.

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

Cuban was the keynote speaker at the recent Fantasy Sports Trade Association meetings.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Because of the lottery, its hard to tank. What if you tank 2-3 seasons and don't get that impact player?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

About 15 years ago, I attended a Mavs-Clippers game at Staples Center.

I watched Don Nelson, Donnie Nelson and Del Harris on the Dallas sideline trying to lead the Mavericks to victory.

Sitting one row behind the coaches and players was a guy in his late 30's or early 40's hollering at every call that went against Dallas.

I was surprised none of the coaches turned around to quiet their associate as I assumed the ref baiter was a strength and conditioning coach or possibly a video assistant.

I later learned the loudmouth was Mark Cuban in his first season as the Dallas Mavericks' owner.

miggytoddbest

EOG Dedicated

Cuban partnered with Fantasy Labs a Peter Jennings. Part of original DFS "collusion" team from start of DFS. Dozens of players would consult all day and enter surprisingly commom lineups and then migrated to all of them entering 200 lineups and squeezing out little guy. Jennings and multi entry contest will all contribute to DFS illegal or govt controlled. Lost respect for Cuban working with this parasite.
He would take $1 head to head games from everyone and thus those newbies lose and leave game

rico1

EOG Master

Nowitzki playing like an old man. Cuban should have a fire sale and acquire draft picks. Mavs need a major rebuild.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I've always been amazed by Nowitzki's size and skill set.

Unique player who is well past his prime.

He perfected the step-back jumper.

Avenger

EOG Addicted

One throw away game last night v. Lakers and you're overreacting. (which can be good, exactly what the NBA wants).

Mavs looked decent against the Griz and Raptors a few nights ago.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Dallas will be the 7 or 8 seed. Do you consider that worth it? Swept by San Antonio or Golden State? I'd rather be in the lottery.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Dallas will be the 7 or 8 seed. Do you consider that worth it? Swept by San Antonio or Golden State? I'd rather be in the lottery.

Its a very tough spot as the odds are stacked against them either way. I guess making the playoffs is better if you are trying to attract FA's.

I've always been amazed by Nowitzki's size and skill set.

Unique player who is well past his prime.

He perfected the step-back jumper.

bucks traded his rights +++ for the now deceased tractor traylor

worst trade in bucks history and there isn't a close 2nd even though some would consider the kareem trade that

bucks didn't have much choice and won the division almost every year after that trade

Heim

EOG Master

Don't look now but Mavs playing best ball in NBA....

Avenger

EOG Addicted

One throw away game last night v. Lakers and you're overreacting. (which can be good, exactly what the NBA wants).

Mavs looked decent against the Griz and Raptors a few nights ago.

:lightbulb: