Mark Dantonio MSU

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
He just tweeted his resignation.

No press conference, no nothing, just walks away.

Has to be a bombshell out there somehow.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Seemed worn out. Talking about how you have no life and coaching takes up everything in life. Well, thats what you signed up for. It never stops especially for big program coaches.

Youre at Michigan State, you're not at some small community college.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Overhyped in the preseason rankings, an offense that for quite sometime has looked mostly dormant, and some ugly losses this past season. Time to move on.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Overhyped in the preseason rankings, an offense that for quite sometime has looked mostly dormant, and some ugly losses this past season. Time to move on.

I agree, but his timing sure screwed a lot of people. Took the money first, then screws recruits, asst coaches from Mich St and other teams.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Leading choice for replacement is Luke Fickell, who is the HC at Univ of Cinci, who got there by way of Ohio St.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
He still is.

Seriously though, the timing couldnt be any worse for MSU with recruiting. They may as well go all-in and go after Urban.
This has the undertones of him giving a big middle finger to the administration. Sticks around long enough to be a huge bonus and then resigns right before the signing period.

62 with a 4.3M check in your pocket isn't a bad way to go out.

I agree, but his timing sure screwed a lot of people. Took the money first, then screws recruits, asst coaches from Mich St and other teams.

Who doesn't stick around for the money? Contract is structured that way, you stick around for it. I'm sure they put the bonus at this time to prevent him from leaving for a competitor

High Times

EOG Master
He just tweeted his resignation.

No press conference, no nothing, just walks away.

Has to be a bombshell out there somehow.

I thought there were rumors about him getting fired at the end of the season.

I think there was an agreement so they didn't have to publicly fired him.

kane

EOG master
Mel Tucker has agreed to become the new head coach at Michigan St. In other news Railbird will no longer be betting on the Spartans

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
Thinking Tucker was a place-holder-hire..
he was 5-7 LY
&
this late in the game...Msu just needed somebody.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Tucker originally said no last week, but then MSU sweetened the pot, and he will be making double from what he was making at Colorado, an opportunity he couldn't pass up. He has ties to MSU, and they feel he is a good recruiter who can get top kids from the Detroit area, and even into Ohio.