Matt Youmans's Fast Food Power Rankings Top 25 - Do you Agree?

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Steak & Shake 100 ft walk from VSIN must have something to with high ranking, must be looking for a comp. Have to get a triple to get any meat on the bun.

Portillos 10x better than S&S. Italian beef or beef/sausage combo is top notch.

Chipotle has to be top 25, those rice bowls are pretty good.

No Culver’s? WTF?
No White Castle?

Never had 1/3 of them.

blueline

EOG Master
Isn't he the guy who said he literally eats fast food something like 30 to 40 times a week?
Portillos> stknshk...not close

Valuist

EOG Master
I have seen 4 Steak & Shakes closed in the past month. Not sure how much longer they will be in business. Definitely have to have Portillos, Chik Fil A, Chipotle and The Habit in my top 4. I worked at one of 2 private equity companies, who along with McDonald's, helped get Chipotle off the ground back in the 90s.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
The best and most consistently reliable is a local establishment that knows how to run a business.
Growing up our neighbourhood had a local burger joint managed by two partners and their two sons.
Top quality every time. Fresh home made fries always.
They even poured rye whiskey shots on Christmas and New Year’s Eve for their customers.

For my money, the best bet is any local independent that has good management.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Steak & Shake 100 ft walk from VSIN must have something to with high ranking, must be looking for a comp. Have to get a triple to get any meat on the bun.

Portillos 10x better than S&S. Italian beef or beef/sausage combo is top notch.

Chipotle has to be top 25, those rice bowls are pretty good.

No Culver’s? WTF?
No White Castle?

Never had 1/3 of them.

Chipotle definitely should be there but White Castle always gave me weird gas and digested strangely so I call it Mystery Meat!!!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I have seen 4 Steak & Shakes closed in the past month. Not sure how much longer they will be in business. Definitely have to have Portillos, Chik Fil A, Chipotle and The Habit in my top 4. I worked at one of 2 private equity companies, who along with McDonald's, helped get Chipotle off the ground back in the 90s.
The two steak and shakes by me closed also. Culver’s needs to be at the top of the list, but they are Midwest only I believe.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
The two steak and shakes by me closed also. Culver’s needs to be at the top of the list, but they are Midwest only I believe.

You’re talking about the one in Shoreham by the freeway exit and the one on pipestone by the mall, correct? Didn’t realize those were gone.

Is the Big Boy still there or did that bite the dust too?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
You’re talking about the one in Shoreham by the freeway exit and the one on pipestone by the mall, correct? Didn’t realize those were gone.

Is the Big Boy still there or did that bite the dust too?
The Culver’s off of exit 23 by Big Boy, those two are thriving. The S&S across from Meijer in Mich City and Benton Harbor both closed up with no notice.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Culver's is great and the employee culture top notch. a great Wisconsin invention. not sure how many states have Culver's.

blueline

EOG Master
I like the non-burger food @ Culvers.
Something about Whataburger is just not right...but for some reason I do like the fries.
I like an Oklahoma,Texas chain called Braums