Matt Youmans's Fast Food Power Rankings Top 25 - Do you Agree?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I will NEVER go to C-F-A until they change their politics

Panda is too damn expensive. Lucky Chinese Food on Brookhurst/Elllis in FV has bigger portions at better prices - as Rail can verify

My T3

1. Blaze Pizza: They call themselves Fast Food and pizzas are made fast. And you get your pizza made the way YOU want it. Pizza with: Red Sauce, Mozz Cheese, Chicken, Bacon, Ham, Pineapple, Red/Green Peppers, Black Olives, Tomatoes, Red Onions and a drizzle of BBQ Sauce when done..................YUM!

2. Wing Stop: 60-cent boneless wings on Monday/Tuesday. Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight years better than BWW. Not as heavy with the breading on the wings. Loooooooooove the Hawaiian wing flavor! Only bad part about Mon/Tue - you gotta buy n multiples of 5 but they frequently add in an extra one so no complaint

3. Raising Cane's: NOT a fan of the dipping sauce but it is good. Hate the ice pellets, too - they suck up all of the drink

#4 woulda been: Togo's: #9 Pastrami! Anyone who has had one know what I am talking about and how right I am. #8 (RB, Turkey and Provolone instead of Cheddar - with Mustard since Mayo has NO BUSINESS EVER being put on a sandwich/burger) is just as good - and get this one heated, too!

Of the T9 - I hate Mickey D's and C-F-A so only go to I-N-O. Smashburger has the worst customer service on this list and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. Rail is right about EPL on Brookhurst in HB. Love Arby's "Beef and Cheddar" but they are awful for you - yet sooo good! HATE Jersey Mike's (Subway -- SUX!).

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated

They really backed off on the anti-gay stuff after the old man who was the original founder (can’t think of his name) passed away in 2015. I think he was well into his 90’s and he never retired.

Panda is too damn expensive. Lucky Chinese Food on Brookhurst/Elllis in FV has bigger portions at better prices - as Rail can verify

My T3

1. Blaze Pizza: They call themselves Fast Food and pizzas are made fast. And you get your pizza made the way YOU want it. Pizza with: Red Sauce, Mozz Cheese, Chicken, Bacon, Ham, Pineapple, Red/Green Peppers, Black Olives, Tomatoes, Red Onions and a drizzle of BBQ Sauce when done..................YUM!

Agree. They’re awesome. Popping up all over the place. Good salads too.

2. Wing Stop: 60-cent boneless wings on Monday/Tuesday. Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight years better than BWW. Not as heavy with the breading on the wings. Loooooooooove the Hawaiian wing flavor! Only bad part about Mon/Tue - you gotta buy n multiples of 5 but they frequently add in an extra one so no complaint

3. Raising Cane's: NOT a fan of the dipping sauce but it is good. Hate the ice pellets, too - they suck up all of the drink

#4 woulda been: Togo's: #9 Pastrami! Anyone who has had one know what I am talking about and how right I am. #8 (RB, Turkey and Provolone instead of Cheddar - with Mustard since Mayo has NO BUSINESS EVER being put on a sandwich/burger) is just as good - and get this one heated, too!

Of the T9 - I hate Mickey D's and C-F-A so only go to I-N-O. Smashburger has the worst customer service on this list and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. Rail is right about EPL on Brookhurst in HB. Love Arby's "Beef and Cheddar" but they are awful for you - yet sooo good! HATE Jersey Mike's (Subway -- SUX!).

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

My T3

Good point about the limited choice of dipping sauces at Raising Cane's.

Chick-Fil-A, on the other hand, offers a wide variety of dipping sauces.

But I respect your choice to boycott, Wink.

Valuist

EOG Master
Like EJD said, CFA backed off on that stuff awhile back. So if one is boycotting CFA, they are only hurting themselves. The product and service both top notch.

I do believe the Inquiry Light should be blinking at Youman Downs. Steak & Stake is certainly serviceable, but never have I heard words like "outstanding" or "best in class" associated with S & S. If their drive thru closed at 10 pm, I wonder where he would rank them. The stock of their parent company has taken quite a hit over the past few years, and many closures.

Let's talk Fast Food Management. IMO, Chicago based companies make up 2/3 of the trifecta. I have McDonald's, Chik Fil A, and Portillos rounding out the best run. McDonald's may not have the best burger, but the company is the best run. They buy the right real estate, have the best deals with suppliers, have vision (i.e. helping launch Chipotle). Even little things like a contraption to house beverage lids. Lids often stick together so many ended up wasted, or are not sanitary. Others don't think in those details. Chik Fil A just does everything well. The product is very good, the service is exceptional, and they are efficient in the drive thru lanes. Portillos has a great product and they were the first restaurant that I have seen that had multiple drive thru lanes. Of course, McDonald's based in Oak Brook, not far from the Portillos Elk Grove location on Rt 83, picked up on it quickly. Now quite a few places have multiple lanes. Culver's has to be in the top 5. Decent product, although I'm not a fan of frozen custard, but the service level is near CFA. Good drive thru efficiency. I've never been to Shake Shack but it seems to have a cult like following. Honorable mention to In N Out, who's product is decent but a much better value than a place like Five Guys. They are usually pretty good at drive thru efficiency.

The irony in this is the town where I live now does not allow fast food franchises. After 20 years, they finally let a Starbucks in a couple years ago. No Portillos around here but there is a CFA and Chipotle about 7 miles away. Fine if I'm in the area, but too far to drive just for that.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Like EJD said, CFA backed off on that stuff awhile back. So if one is boycotting CFA, they are only hurting themselves. The product and service both top notch.

I do believe the Inquiry Light should be blinking at Youman Downs. Steak & Stake is certainly serviceable, but never have I heard words like "outstanding" or "best in class" associated with S & S. If their drive thru closed at 10 pm, I wonder where he would rank them. The stock of their parent company has taken quite a hit over the past few years, and many closures.

Let's talk Fast Food Management. IMO, Chicago based companies make up 2/3 of the trifecta. I have McDonald's, Chik Fil A, and Portillos rounding out the best run. McDonald's may not have the best burger, but the company is the best run. They buy the right real estate, have the best deals with suppliers, have vision (i.e. helping launch Chipotle). Even little things like a contraption to house beverage lids. Lids often stick together so many ended up wasted, or are not sanitary. Others don't think in those details. Chik Fil A just does everything well. The product is very good, the service is exceptional, and they are efficient in the drive thru lanes. Portillos has a great product and they were the first restaurant that I have seen that had multiple drive thru lanes. Of course, McDonald's based in Oak Brook, not far from the Portillos Elk Grove location on Rt 83, picked up on it quickly. Now quite a few places have multiple lanes. Culver's has to be in the top 5. Decent product, although I'm not a fan of frozen custard, but the service level is near CFA. Good drive thru efficiency. I've never been to Shake Shack but it seems to have a cult like following. Honorable mention to In N Out, who's product is decent but a much better value than a place like Five Guys. They are usually pretty good at drive thru efficiency.

The irony in this is the town where I live now does not allow fast food franchises. After 20 years, they finally let a Starbucks in a couple years ago. No Portillos around here but there is a CFA and Chipotle about 7 miles away. Fine if I'm in the area, but too far to drive just for that.

Attention-to-detail runs through every Valuist contribution.

Gotta love how real gamblers think.

blueline

EOG Master
Just had the Popeyes chicken sandwich...saw on the sign out front that they had them...only saw 2 cars in the drive-thru so pulled in.
$4.35 all-in.
Thick sandwich....tasted good...better than chikfila...yes....how long would I wait to have one...10mins

Valuist

EOG Master
Popeye's has been around for years and all of a sudden, there's a big fuss about them. Did they change their recipe?

High Times

EOG Master
Culver's is pretty good....
In n out is as close to home made grilled burgers as you get.
Wendy's the best chain burgers.

McDonalds sucks
Burger King sucks
Carl's Jr. Sucks... Great morning biskets though
Jack in the Box sucks.
Whataburger is a joke

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Matt Youmans said he was not impressed by the Popeye's chicken sandwich.

Nothing tops In N Out burgers, but since I cannot get them in Michigan, my #1 choice is 5 guys.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Popeye's chicken sandwich has to be laced with some type of addictive drug. No way that sandwich is that good that people are waiting up to an hour for this.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
The obsession with In N' Out has always baffled me but I have seen how y'all drive and dismiss heavy chalks.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/in-n-out-burger-menu-is-disappointing

Any list without Fatburger and Five Guys and with McDonald's and In N' Out is not sophisticated. A Top 25 should have White Castle.

Chipotle, Chick-fil-A and Popeye's Top 5 in my eyes and I hope to try Raising Cane's. People rave about it always and the lines speak volumes.

Whattaburger looks normal but is pretty decent. I'd never go to In N' Out if choosing. Wendy's is underrated.

Worst 7— 1 Boston Market, 2 Subway, 3 In N' Out, 4 Jack N' The Box, 5 Domino's, 6 Panda Express, 7 Pink Slime Meat Patties 'R' Us

Nobody does (crappy) fast Food like Americans. The quality often differs from franchisee to franchisee. I had a cheeseburger in a Wisconsin McDonald's that was incredible and Seat Williams brought up something I tried at Del Taco: The Double Cheeseburger. Great value and better than McD and BK. A Wendy's triple cheeseburger with bacon is what being American is about: Gluttony, dead cows and cheese.

1—Chipotle
2 (Tie)—Five Guys
2 (Tie)—Fatburger
4—Chick-fil-A
5—Popeye’s

6—Quiznos
7—Port of Subs (Most underrated)
8—Steak ‘n Shake
9—Whataburger
10 (Tie)—Buffalo Wild Wings
10 (Tie)—Wingstop
12—White Castle
13—Wendy’s
14 (Tie) Arby’s
14 (Tie)—Del Taco
14 (Tie)—Taco Bell
17—Dairy Queen
18—Carl’s Jr.
19—McDonald’s
20—Long John Silver’s
21—KFC
22—Sonic
23—Pizza Hut
24 (Tie)—IHOP
24 (Tie) Denny’s

Last edited:

turksure

EOG Enthusiast
I like their Ice cream cones. Also, a location in Emporia, KS.
always stop at Brauns, good hamburger, FF and ice cream when on the road texas and OK.
I like their Ice cream cones. Also, a location in Emporia, KS.
Always stop at Braum's when on the road in OK and Texas they have good hamburgers french fries, ice cream, they don't advertise it but they hire mentally challenged people that do a great job.

blueline

EOG Master
Good point about the limited choice of dipping sauces at Raising Cane's.

Chick-Fil-A, on the other hand, offers a wide variety of dipping sauces.

But I respect your choice to boycott, Wink.
Chikfila stopped donating to salvation army because of salvation armys policy against same-sex marraige

MrTop

EOG Master
I camped out overnight so i would be first on line for popeyes chicken sandwich ... beat the closing chicken line

;)

So many burger places around these days it's hard to keep up. It's kind of silly to try to claim there is a best, burgers, pizza and Mexican food are always going to be a personal call. I never trust someone else on these foods because how often do people agree on these?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The obsession with In N' Out has always baffled me but I have seen how y'all drive and dismiss heavy chalks.

Any list without Fatburger and Five Guys and with McDonald's and In N' Out is not sophisticated. A Top 25 should have White Castle.

Chipotle, Chick-fil-A and Popeye's Top 5 in my eyes and I hope to try Raising Cane's. People rave about it always and the lines speak volumes.

Whattaburger looks normal but is pretty decent. I'd never go to In N' Out if choosing. Wendy's is underrated.

Worst 7— 1 Boston Market, 2 Subway, 3 In N' Out, 4 Jack N' The Box, 5 Domino's, 6 Panda Express, 7 Pink Slime Meat Patties 'R' Us

Nobody does (crappy) fast Food like Americans. The quality often differs from franchisee to franchisee. I had a cheeseburger in a Wisconsin McDonald's that was incredible and Seat Williams brought up something I tried at Del Taco: The Double Cheeseburger. Great value and better than McD and BK. A Wendy's triple cheeseburger with bacon is what being American is about: Gluttony, dead cows and cheese.

1—Chipotle
2 (Tie)—Five Guys
2 (Tie)—Fatburger
4—Chick-fil-A
5—Popeye’s

6—Quiznos
8—Steak ‘n Shake
9—Whataburger
10 (Tie)—Wingstop
12—White Castle
13—Wendy’s
14 (Tie) Arby’s
14 (Tie)—Del Taco
14 (Tie)—Taco Bell
17—Dairy Queen
18—Carl’s Jr.
19—McDonald’s
20—Long John Silver’s
21—KFC
22—Sonic
23—Pizza Hut
24 (Tie)—IHOP
24 (Tie) Denny’s

Kevin: DELETE THIS POST! You just embarrassed yourself. Five Guys above In-N-Out is something no one can defend. Their prices are outrageous. I can go to I-N-O and with a friend and EACH of us can get a: Double-Double, Fries and Drink for the same cost or even less than a 2-burger Cheeseburger, Fries and a Drink at 5G. I know you get a shitload of fries at 5^ but no way 5G is 2x better than In-N-O.

Fatburger is a greasy burger that is no good. Wing Stop is light years better than BWW. White Castle is flat out one of the most overrated places out there - has no business being on the list. Pizza Hut on its best day isn't 1% as good as Round Table. IHOP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Denny's.

I am biased but Raising Canes on its worst day is better than CFA on its best day.

bmiller

EOG Addicted

1—Chipotle
2 (Tie)—Five Guys
2 (Tie)—Fatburger
4—Chick-fil-A
5—Popeye’s

6—Quiznos
8—Steak ‘n Shake
9—Whataburger
10 (Tie)—Wingstop
12—White Castle
13—Wendy’s
14 (Tie) Arby’s
14 (Tie)—Del Taco
14 (Tie)—Taco Bell
17—Dairy Queen
18—Carl’s Jr.
19—McDonald’s
20—Long John Silver’s
21—KFC
22—Sonic
23—Pizza Hut
24 (Tie)—IHOP
24 (Tie) Denny’s
Chipotle is very overrated anyone who knows what real Mexican food is knows Chipotle is no where near real Mexican food .. heck Taco bell tastes much better and at least tries to have some Mexican flavor to their food

Valuist

EOG Master
Chipotle is very overrated anyone who knows what real Mexican food is knows Chipotle is no where near real Mexican food .. heck Taco bell tastes much better and at least tries to have some Mexican flavor to their food

I used to love authentic Mexican food too but as one gets older, all that grease doesn't sit well. Say what you want about Chipotle, they aren't greasy.