mc cain opposed to online gambling,

mr merlin

EOG Master
Re: mc cain opposed to online gambling,

but obama supports legalization of on line gambling.

McCain and sports betting just don\'t mix by: Teddy Covers
Sometimes those old guys are kind of stuck in their ways, i try not to pass judgement on people. You must realize mccain doesnt know how to use a computer so the whole concept of online gambling is scary to him.

Doesnt the fact that we're at war with radical islam and the fact that Obama is probably a muslim "mole worry you in the least? I mean, cmon, muslims hate gambling even more than the christian holy rollers.

seattle slew

EOG Senior Member

Don't be fooled by this nonsense. Obama does not support online gambling. He only backed more study, which basically means somebody gets a nice deal to study the issue. The Democrats are not backing online gambling, they helped push the current law through, including the House speaker.

Even if Obama backs Frank's bill, as others more wise on this topic have posted, it doesn't help sports betting because all the major leagues can opt out.

Here's a legitimate article on Obama's positions.

ReviewJournal.com - News - PRESIDENTIAL POLITICS: Obama's gaming give, take

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">yeah read the whole bill...

you guys pick and choose what you think he supports
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Apple

Banned

Don't be fooled by this nonsense. Obama does not support online gambling. He only backed more study, which basically means somebody gets a nice deal to study the issue. The Democrats are not backing online gambling, they helped push the current law through, including the House speaker.

Even if Obama backs Frank's bill, as others more wise on this topic have posted, it doesn't help sports betting because all the major leagues can opt out.

Here's a legitimate article on Obama's positions.

ReviewJournal.com - News - PRESIDENTIAL POLITICS: Obama's gaming give, take

Thanks for posting this SS.. :cheers

Sometimes those old guys are kind of stuck in their ways, i try not to pass judgement on people. You must realize mccain doesnt know how to use a computer so the whole concept of online gambling is scary to him.

Doesnt the fact that we're at war with radical islam and the fact that Obama is probably a muslim "mole worry you in the least? I mean, cmon, muslims hate gambling even more than the christian holy rollers.

Then Obama's support for lifting the ban would prove that he isn't a muslim. Yet another reason to NOT vote for McCain.

Don't you people realize that the only way to restore the Republican Party to its traditional conservative roots is to make it spend some time in the wilderness? The wacky Bible-thumpers are only a recent abomination adopted by Rovian strategists; the Reagan and Goldwater Republican Party would never have engaged in the inanity of the Terry Schiavo debacle, tried to distract America with gay marriage, or entangled itself in fuzzy nation-building quagmires. Continuing down the same road chosen by Rove and the current regime will eventually render the party that calls itself Republican nothing more than the minority opposition to a continuing parade of "give-the-store-away" Democratic adminstrations and majority congresses. Conservative Americans are very angry with what has happened to the Republican Party; if the Party has any hope of winning in 2010 and 2012, it must find a way to bring them back to the Party. . . .

Does anyone here truly think that if Congress were to address
the online gambling issue, that they would do so without adding
TAXES to BOTH sides of the party?

If you do then I truly feel sorry for you being so gullible.
That is the ONLY REASON someone like Barney Frank
wants to address the issue.
JUST ANOTHER WAY TO TAX YOU!

mr merlin

EOG Master

Don't you people realize that the only way to restore the Republican Party to its traditional conservative roots is to make it spend some time in the wilderness? The wacky Bible-thumpers are only a recent abomination adopted by Rovian strategists; the Reagan and Goldwater Republican Party would never have engaged in the inanity of the Terry Schiavo debacle, tried to distract America with gay marriage, or entangled itself in fuzzy nation-building quagmires. Continuing down the same road chosen by Rove and the current regime will eventually render the party that calls itself Republican nothing more than the minority opposition to a continuing parade of "give-the-store-away" Democratic adminstrations and majority congresses. Conservative Americans are very angry with what has happened to the Republican Party; if the Party has any hope of winning in 2010 and 2012, it must find a way to bring them back to the Party. . . .
Looks like you'll get your wish 46. I just hope this country can survive the most far left ,extreme liberal president ever.

Looks like you'll get your wish 46. I just hope this country can survive the most far left ,extreme liberal president ever.

It has "survived", if you can call it that, the most inept and bumbling President, ever. Obama simply can't be worse.

dirty

EOG Master

Bob Barr 2008 ? Liberty for America

Although I agree with Obama on this issue, I would never vote for him

Don't let Bob Barr Fool ya... He is a quack fringe lunatic... If you lose in the state of GA as a Republican unless you are in downtown Atlanta or the predominately Black South GA districts you are a fucking moron.... I don't like McCain or Obama...but I would not vote for Bob Barr if he was the only Candidate and I had a gun to my head:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">again.
its a lie...mccain did not vote against internet gambling and Obama helped stop his proposed amendment to the bill..

kind of like the oil drilling...
man..
do you guys actually read the bills and the votes....nope..
you just post what some other nut told you to post.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

On the contrary, I know what the party that calls itself "Republican" now is all about. And it isn't "conservative" by any means. . . .

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Any candidate like McCain that tried to outlaw betting on college sports a few years back is not to be trusted when it comes to online gambling.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Makes no difference who wins - this shit aint being legalized for at least 4 years.

Vote for McCain if you like your money.

Since I know the government will just waste money, I'll vote for the inept guy who will take less of it from me.

I really like what Mark Cuban says - add 20% salestax to all purchases over $5 million and he'd be lined up to pay it if the government had to do quarterly financial reports and audits like a public company.