MGM going to dynamic pricing

blueline

EOG Master
I posted in another thread Excalibur was supposed to be starting this. Dont know if the thread title means MGM hotel itself is also doing this or MGM Corp has started this at Excalibur.
I assumed Excalibur was a trial run for MGM before they started it at their other hotels

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Pro sports teams been doing this for some time

The Wednesday matinee home game vs. the Royals is a fraction of the Saturday Night price vs someone like the Red Socks or Evil Empire

railbird

EOG Master

The Wednesday matinee home game vs. the Royals is a fraction of the Saturday Night price vs someone like the Red Socks or Evil Empire

they have turned into inept ticket scalers who are clueless on the market

railbird

EOG Master
yankee tickets were going for 50 cents and would stay unsold, so stubhub had to enforce a 5 dollar minimum to trick people that folks give a rats ass about mlb

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Cubs were the first to do it. They owned a ticket brokerage who got the best tickets. One reason they did it was to about paying the other team their cut of the gate while screwing the scalpers.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Well if MGM did dynamic pricing on returns you could buy stuff on Tuesday afternoon and return the same items on Saturday night of a holiday weekend. Make a tidy profit. No need to thank me.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Well if MGM did dynamic pricing on returns you could buy stuff on Tuesday afternoon and return the same items on Saturday night of a holiday weekend. Make a tidy profit. No need to thank me.
No because they scan the barcode on your receipt and you are refunded the price you paid.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Fresh Fish is usually
yankee tickets were going for 50 cents and would stay unsold, so stubhub had to enforce a 5 dollar minimum to trick people that folks give a rats ass about mlb

Don't market to low end. If you tailored your business to the Top 5% in wealth (Elite) you would still be in business. Ticket agencies that do are still in business.