Miami Marlins Clubhouse Infected...Home opener cancelled

Taking precautions is fine, but geez everyone needs to chill. As with all transmission, this was in-house, players who are spending time together in proximity gave it to each other. Same for outside of sports, family members are spreading it amongst themselves and with coworkers and close friends. Whenever they finally study this properly I bet it will turn out 90% of people who got it will have gotten it from a person they were close to and didn't take precautions against. To act like some cases being found means every player in MLB is going to have it in 2 weeks is crazy hysteria.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
But Marlins and Phillies just played yesterday WildBill. Its all fucked up. I dont know about you but I said it felt uncomfortable and weird watching baseball without fans. We can't shut down life again though. We just cant. Humans need to be active. But I domt want people to die and have long term effects of this virus.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
And they're just chilling in Philly still. We have to cancel sports this year otherwise we're in store for a whole bunch of bullshit especially with bets.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I saw the word "postponed" when talking about the yanks/phils.

That gives me the idea that these non-divisional games are not going to be played.

Very interesting to see how this plays out.
Which, to support my point earlier, makes for a disproportionate schedule with respect to completed games. Don't see how you could base s fair season on that.

MrTop

EOG Master
But Marlins and Phillies just played yesterday WildBill. Its all fucked up. I dont know about you but I said it felt uncomfortable and weird watching baseball without fans. We can't shut down life again though. We just cant. Humans need to be active. But I domt want people to die and have long term effects of this virus.

what's wrong with the cutouts of the fans? I saw a couple that moved I thought

Last edited:

Sorry man, but we all have no choice in this. We either shut things down or we don't. To act like well someone is dying out there so its not right to play baseball is not the right thing to say because you could go on that path for everything. Is it right I can go out to eat here when someone is getting fed through a tube? Is it right that I can hang out with my family and friends because they are all relatively healthy and under 50, while others with 80 year family members can't? It never ends. If they want to shut down sports, fine, shut EVERYTHING down. Otherwise let it go and if it doesn't feel right and you don't want to watch, don't do it.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Believe it. They held a players only meeting to play yesterday and most said yes even after knowing they had a few positive cases.

This is unbelievable.

Believe it. They held a players only meeting to play yesterday and most said yes even after knowing they had a few positive cases.

This is unbelievable.

Alright if sources say so. But can't believe the team or MLB would allow it. And if guys are infected, why are they having players only meetings? I mean nothing about any of that makes sense.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It will be dead. Its not possible to play. Just isnt. You wont have enough time to make up games and we cant just keep halting games when players or staff wind up positive.

kane

EOG master
Alright if sources say so. But can't believe the team or MLB would allow it. And if guys are infected, why are they having players only meetings? I mean nothing about any of that makes sense.

No way to 100% confirm anything, but from what I've been hearing, the Marlins knew they had a handful of players test positive before yesterday's game, but decided to play anyway. The players texted each other about it, but decided to play

jimmythegreek

It will be interesting to see how the NBA bubble and the NFL respond considering the MLB season if in fact gets cancelled completely.

No way to 100% confirm anything, but from what I've been hearing, the Marlins knew they had a handful of players test positive before yesterday's game, but decided to play anyway. The players texted each other about it, but decided to play

If true that's insane. Its not even about the Phillies, but themselves. They probably won't give it to the Phillies or the umps, but they will continue to spread it internally. Guys who have it need to stay away from others while inside and wear masks. I bet they didn't do any of that.

kane

EOG master
Wish I was holding a Marlins Under win total ticket, if they continue playing God only knows what their lineup will look like

mr merlin

EOG Master
So what do you conclude from that?

Don Quixote

EOG Enthusiast
Still don't get why MLB didn't bubble. Were they really thinking they could get fans into the stands and got greedy?

In our current society of Total Corruption & Greed running rampant in every phase of our society, surly big money and Donkeys are putting profits over lives.
This kind of stuff is just gonna keep happen'n.

The fact that we didn't act just like Vietnam did with this virus irritates the hell out of me.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The sunday sports section up here had talk that the twins and the governor are in discussions for getting fans in the stands, talked about 10K, maybe in sept. that would be good.

jimmythegreek

Ironic how this comes on the heels of the KBO allowing 10% of stadium capacity, which amounts to roughly 2,500 in attendance. Sort of a Sun Life Stadium like crowd.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
Ironic how this comes on the heels of the KBO allowing 10% of stadium capacity, which amounts to roughly 2,500 in attendance. Sort of a Sun Life Stadium like crowd.

Is it true that if a single player in the KBO tests positive,...

That KBO is shutdown for 2 weeks?

blueline

EOG Master
https://wtop.com/sports/2020/05/former-orioles-pitcher-and-uva-grad-talks-life-in-korean-baseball-league-during-coronavirus/#:~:text=If one player tests positive for coronavirus, the,league to be shut down for three weeks.

Former Orioles pitcher and U.Va. grad talks life in Korean baseball league during coronavirus

If one player tests positive for coronavirus, the KBO’s plan calls for the league to be shut down for three weeks.

The threat of COVID-19 still exists in South Korea, but the number of infections and hospitalizations have been reduced to a point where much of life there has, from what Wilson has noticed, returned to normal.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
No talk about season shutdown

Imo Atl who played the Marlins 21st and 22nd who then played the Mets
Now Mets in Boston and Atl in Tampa so u can see how fast this can get outta control

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
O/U posters in this thread who refresh all day looking for bad news while jerking with the other hand