Miami Marlins Clubhouse Infected...Home opener cancelled

railbird

EOG Master
The scientists cant be trusted, look at Fauci, a total fraud, dont wear a mask, then wear a mask, then he doesn't, the experts are either politically motivated or in the pocked of the drug co's. How come NONE of the players testing positive in all these sports get sick? because the virus is fake, that's why, unless if you're very old with conditions you should be living a normal life. A life without testing too.
scientists are 95% athiests and most are take their orders from the chi-coms.

We have actual scientists explaining the severity of this virus and people still want to pretend like nothing is wrong. It absolutely boggles my mind and is exactly what's wrong with this country and why we suck as a whole.

Go back to hiding in your basement then. If people were pretending nothing was wrong we'd have fans in the stands, sports wouldn't be played in bubbles and people wouldn't be talking much about the Marlins situation.

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
White Sox Manager Rick Renteria waiting for Covid 19 test results...he is currently confined to team hotel.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
We're talking about 2 different games, when I said tomorrow's game was cancelled I was referring to the Balt/Mia game
You had previously quoted the White Sox Indians game so I thought that was the one you were referring to.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Eight more players and two coaches with the Miami Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19, as an outbreak has spread throughout their clubhouse and brought the total of cases in recent days to at least 14, sources familiar with the situation tell me and @JesseRogersESPN.
manage your credit card debt
speech to text
That's yesterdays news, the morning news, you imply they found more, as far as I know they have not.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Yeah that was posted way after thst news came out, bit misleading, but per the fear mongering playbook timing was spot on

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Yeah, that was yesterday news the 14.

There is just too much bullshit going on to continue to play. I dont care how optimistic one is, how ignorant one is, how desperate one is for sports to be back, the chaos and risk is far too huge.

Yankees and Phillies probably wont play tonight. Are we really going to keep doing this? Its a waste of time because there will be more and we cant just keep cancelling games.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Yeah, that was yesterday news the 14.

There is just too much bullshit going on to continue to play. I dont care how optimistic one is, how ignorant one is, how desperate one is for sports to be back, the chaos and risk is far too huge.

Yankees and Phillies probably wont play tonight. Are we really going to keep doing this? Its a waste of time because there will be more and we cant just keep cancelling games.
I guess if you were in charge we'd all be locked in forever, it's a good thing you're not in charge.

10 or 12 baseball players getting covid(and not getting sick) is not a big deal, anymore than the 72 NFL players, the golfers, the nba players, etc. life goes on, it really does.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Why cant we just call this year off? Regroup next year? Until we go through winter and get more data so we can successfully battle this thing?

Why prolong the inevitable and cause more chaos? Why? I just dont get it. I dont get how parks are filled with kids and their parents every weekend most of the time without masks on. I just dont get it. That's all.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
A mother in Florida lost her 9 year old daughter to this shitty virus. 9 fucking years old.

Just put that into perspective before anybody posts some off the wall, ignorant shit.

As long as its not happening to you or anybody you know, its all good.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Baseball didnt even make it 1 week.

1 FUCKING WEEK WITHOUT SHIT HAPPENING.

Has everybody gone nuts? Why are we even debating about the future of sports in America right now? LOL. It just boggles my mind and I dont even have that high of an IQ.

The psychopaths, sociopaths, criminals are thriving in this country right now. This is heaven to them.

Why cant we just call this year off? Regroup next year? Until we go through winter and get more data so we can successfully battle this thing?

Why prolong the inevitable and cause more chaos? Why? I just dont get it. I dont get how parks are filled with kids and their parents every weekend most of the time without masks on. I just dont get it. That's all.

Look dude, keep crying your tears. This is a team specific breakout as I mentioned a long way back in this thread. The Phillies are testing negative. People worrying about the Yankees getting it from the same clubhouse need to calm the fuck down. The scientists are telling us quite simply while you COULD get it outdoors or from surfaces, that's all very theoretical and not happening a whole lot. How do you get it? Being in close proximity to someone for an extended time indoors. That's probably 95-98% of the transmission. Cases are going up most likely because your non-symptomatic family member, friend or coworker has got it and you almost certainly aren't wearing masks when you get together.

Pretty much all Marlins will get it, I bet the ones who don't test positive right now already had it and didn't know it. So for all the protocols and worrying about how one team is going to spread it to another needs to take a backseat to focusing on what actually transmits this. If a Marlin passes it on to a player on another team they probably are doing it when going out to dinner together or hanging out somewhere inside the assumed safe zones. They are very unlikely doing it on the field.

Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal

In team vote, vast majority of Nationals players voted against going to Miami for three-game series this weekend, sources tell The Athletic. Decision will rest with MLB.

Once again, why cant we avoid the chaos and regroup next year?

Cause the teams, players and fans don't want to do that. If you don't like it, just don't watch it. As for going to Miami, so be it. Play the games at the road team's or neutral site facility. Marlins were supposed to play Baltimore and Washington, seems logical to just play the games there once they figure out what kind of squad they can field. Makes no difference where they play, they just need to test players and keep them off the field following their protocol.

See this is what I'm saying. Instead of focusing on the facts at hand, we get people like you going into the oh my god everything is horrible and its just going to get worse. Can you all just look ahead a couple of months? These Marlins players are going to recover, very likely with no health effects. Maybe someone outside the club is at risk, but that's why you need to follow the masks and social distancing guidelines. Meanwhile while your incessant crying about how horrible it is just drowns out good advice and good policy because people get trapped down your stupid rabbit hole of how a bunch of athletes getting a virus are somehow connected to someone who died in a hospital hundreds or thousands of miles away. Just stop it, deal in facts, not your bullshit emotions.

kane

EOG master
Hightower, Goldman of Bears opted out even if nfl goes. 2 key members of their defense.

Can we please cut the bullshit already.

Hightower plays for the Pats not the Bears, and NE also just had an offensive lineman opt out, I'm sure there will be many more

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
All I know is that as cases continue to resurface, MLB is going to have a lot of reshuffling on its plate when it comes to postponing and making up games going forward.

kane

EOG master
The Marlins season has been put on hold, the team wont play the next several days, not sure what happens beyond that

kane

EOG master
Oh, and there's a tropical storm that could be headed to Miami this weekend, fun times down here

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
NFL end zones will bear "End Racism" and "It Takes All of Us" messages in home openers.

BUAHHHHMM LMAO LLLOOOOOOOLLLLLL. HOLY MOLY FULL OF POLY.

End of sports as we know it. Its here. We can't ever watch anything without anybody spewing bullshit. These are sad times.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Something has to be brewing with Cincinnati. Davidson got covid and played in opener. Moustakas was placed on IL and Nick Senzel has been sick since Sunday.

Leta go! Keep playing.