MICH/WISC

Heim

EOG Master
Urban Meyer made a good argument for Michigan at halftime.

IIRC the look-a-head line was Mich -1.5.

Better athletes...better on both sides of the ball except for Taylor. Harbaugh has history of shutting one dimentional teams.

Problem is that the badgers are not one dimensional this year. Deepest WR corp they've ever had. A weapon at TE in Ferguson. Wisconsin QB averaging 280+ ypg while only playing 6 quarters. The one dimensional angle will have you tearing up a ticket.

Heim

EOG Master
Problem is that the badgers are not one dimensional this year. Deepest WR corp they've ever had. A weapon at TE in Ferguson. Wisconsin QB averaging 280+ ypg while only playing 6 quarters. The one dimensional angle will have you tearing up a ticket.

No Big 10 expert but geez they've played CMU & USF.

No Big 10 expert but geez they've played CMU & USF.
And Michigan has played perennial powerhouses MTSU and Army. The difference is that the Badgers struggled against their non cons last year because their qb play (Hornibrook) was horrible and they lost Cephus to the rape charge prior to the start of camp. Coan is more accurate and mobile than Hornibrook and Cephus, Davis, Pryor are an underrated WR corp. CUM's analysis that Wisconsin is one dimensional this year is wrong.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
And unless Army is this juggernaut on defense, Mich wont be able to run the ball as well.

Their primary rb averaged like 3.3 per carry. Chardonay or whatever his name is.

P.S. I am not banging Wisconsin cause I havent seen them play yet this year. But Mich is brutal

dogball

EOG Master
Some say Michigan went vanilla on offense first two games to not reveal anything
Idk, they seemed pathetic and incapable to me which is why it’s hard to believe but
I’m taking the points

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I took Wisc. The list of Harbaughs big wins you can list on a cocktail napkin. Until he does it with a competent offense, he hasn’t accomplished a thing since he left Stanford.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Some say Michigan went vanilla on offense first two games to not reveal anything
Idk, they seemed pathetic and incapable to me which is why it’s hard to believe but
I’m taking the points

No way.

They struggled the WHOLE game.

First half I am willing to give them. But they struggled just the same in the second half.
No way anyone in their right mind not give everything they got, when the game was that tight.
And whatever they had was barely enough.

They needed Army to miss a 50 yard field no with no time left. That is cutting it way too close

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

I agree with this.

I noticed in USF game they were making an effort to throw in situations they never have in the past, including but not limited to big leads.

Might take a while to make huge upgrades in their passing game but it's coming, they will get better as the year goes on.

Game today is just starting but you might be surprised when/how often they throw instead of just handing the ball off to Taylor.

Anything that gives the defense something else to think about will be good for the Badgers and their offense.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Its still vanilla more than anything for Wisconsin.

It is but you notice after the penalty they threw the ball successfully to set up a manageable 3rd and short?

What derails run dominant teams? Penalties. Yes, penalties hurt a lot of teams but especially teams that can only run successfully.

You will see them throw more today, probably after running successfully and Michigan makes defensive adjustments.

They won't go totally away from Taylor but they will throw it a bit more IMO.

Being able to throw even a little will help Wisky this year to extend drives on offensive penalties.

Also in games where they get a few scores behind.......

That's one thing that killed this team, getting behind, this season they will be better at coming back than years past.

No one is saying the run and gun has been reinvented but the change is palpable for the Wisky team this season, it will only grow as the year continues.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
these useless reviews on most plays kills college football also. just go with the call and have a game with some atmosphere. so stupid

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
how was that not a catch. was an incredible play by Michigan receiver and they stop game take 4 mintues, and then reverse it. and im on Wisconsin! horrible use of technology and for college football

Bigrunner

EOG Master
how was that not a catch. was an incredible play by Michigan receiver and they stop game take 4 mintues, and then reverse it. and im on Wisconsin! horrible use of technology and for college football

Im on Wisc, but that was a great catch. I'm embarrassed, for the replay official.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

That was disgusting....

That demonstrated all the things wrong with replay.

Using super slo-mo to see if a ball moves at any point is ridiculous.

Very few balls aren't going to move if the receiver goes to the ground to make the catch.

And what makes this go from a bad call to a RIDICULOUS call is they actually overturned the call on the field??????

Valuist

EOG Master
All week long on VSIN, we heard the alleged "sharp money" was on Michigan. Anyone who is sharp who watched Michigan vs Army and bet them back this week, please turn in your sharp card.

kane

EOG master
No worries, Harbaugh gets Rutgers next week, that's a team in his wheelhouse, most overrated coach in college football