Michael Jordan v. Lebron James

Will Lebron ever be as good as Michael was? To me, Michael was the best ever because he was soooooooooo clutch, played unreal defense, great passer, good rebounder, scored at will, great FT shooter. Lebron is not as clutch and does not shoot as good FT's.

:thumbsup

Re: Michael Jordan v. Lebron James

LOL. rail - doesn't lebron push off? doesn't kobe? all the great players get to. larry used to get every call also...you forget....plus, larry's game was not taking the ball to the basket. he shot jumpers all day. lol

No one has ever been as good as Jordan. Perhaps one day, but a guy like Jordan comes around once every few generations. LeBron has not even won one championship. When he wins a couple we can begin to discuss this. Bird? lol

tripp

EOG Master

jesus christ the guy is 25 years old. start this thread in 8 years and we will have a discussion.

mj had 0 championships at this point in his career also:doh1

Integrity

EOG Master

yeah, a lil too early for this

but, bron-bron could be the magic/michael hybrid

kobe is still the closest thing to jordan we've seen

JD_

EOG Veteran

Jordan for me, for now. If Lebron could get good group around him and that group stay conistenet for a few years, then the rings will come.

If you look back at the Bulls championship teams, the rosters are consistent. '91, '92, and '93 starters were the same. Even the bench was nearly identical each year. '96, '97, and '98 are the same story, benches included. Only difference in starters was Kukoc was moved into starting lineup some and looks like Rodman came off the bench. Still the same group of guys. They had a decent coach as well.

I know it is harder to do that now with the contracts and all money/temptation to go to different teams. I guess the question for me is, if Kobe or Lebron were placed on those same teams instead of Jordan, would the result still have been 6 championships? Will we ever see teams build up like that and keep the same guys together for a few years?

I agree with Tripp in that we will have to wait a few more years (at least 5) to really get into this discussion.

Here is the link I referenced for the rosters. Have a look. 12io4j2w90

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/news/1998/06/14/news.bullchamp.html

JD

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

jesus christ the guy is 25 years old. start this thread in 8 years and we will have a discussion.

mj had 0 championships at this point in his career also:doh1
Go check out Mikes rosters from the year he got into the league until 1989. His best player, before Scotties rookie year, was Charles Oakley. :doh1 He had the worst team in NBA history around him.

Lebron will never be as good as Mike, IMO. Michael Jordan put up numbers in the playoffs that are unheard of and probably #'s that will never be touched again. Lebron does what he did last night once a series, Mike did it every night (to quote Charles and Robert Horry).

Unless he gets hurt or bored seems almost certain LBJ will have higher career totals than Jordan in almost every key category. Only uncertainty is titles. LBJ is just a better physical specimen than MJ, his size playing the same position as Michael creates a whole different dynamic. He's just much tougher to guard from a pure size perspective and that edge will continue for as long as he plays. Also his larger body means he probably takes punishment better than MJ did so if he wants to play into his late 30s he figures to be far more productive than. Add in the fact he started playing as a pro earlier so his prime athletic years will come from a point of more experience.

Not really fair to judge either guy, I think if LBJ was playing with the Bulls in the 90s he would have won the same number of titles and the way the rest of the Cavs have been built stressing team defense is based exactly on how MJ finally got his rings.

High Times

EOG Master

Lebron needs to get mad

I can see the day that Lebron gets tired of the no championship talk and just takes over a season.

The only thing holding Lebron back is his attitude.

Not mean enough.

Magic was the only player that could laugh and dominate at the same time.

:pop:

hahahahaha dumbest thread ever made,

NO period.

Im going to tell everyone here what i tell my friends everytime they bring this up.

Lakers showtime 80's whenever they made a championship who was going to win?
You can debate they should win or maybe philly or boston or someone could win because of this or that and its a good debate.

In the 90's same for the Pistons / Lakers etc no one could clear cut pick a winner, maybe this teams defense couldnt win it or this team has an advantage because of this or that.

In the 2000's the spurs can win if they can hold down shaq or if they can over come speed from this team or if duncan and parker can get rolling or this and that.

Now jordan in the finals what was the conversations? Not who is going to beat them but how many would it take for them to win and in what style will the bulls win? Never a doubt or anyone saying the bulls are not going to win because of this or that. Had nothing to do with talent, the bottom line is jordan had a bigger heart then all 12 of his opponents combined and it wasnt a question. Jordan would not allow anyone to beat him period.

Lebron is a great athlete with absolutely zero heart. If he is this godly beast "physically better" then jordan then he should of took his cavs and heat teams and just won titles no excuses. Just take the ball every time and flat out win.

Lebrons window falls squarely on wade's shoulders. Can wade carry him? I would say no because lebron chews up too much of the cap and wade's already carrying the rest of those holes. I doubt lebron ever gets a ring unless wade becomes superman in the finals which he did once. Can he do it again?

Lebron needs to get mad

I can see the day that Lebron gets tired of the no championship talk and just takes over a season.

The only thing holding Lebron back is his attitude.

Not mean enough.

Magic was the only player that could laugh and dominate at the same time.

sharpest thing i have ever read on lebron. Lebron just doesnt have it.

Playoff records
Playoffs career

• Most games

• Most minutes

• Most points

• 5,987 by Michael Jordan

• Highest points per game average (min. 25 games)

• Most 50 point games

• 8 by Michael Jordan

• 38 by Michael Jordan

• 109 by Michael Jordan

• Most 20 point games

• 173 by Michael Jordan

NBA finals Quote:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>

[TD="class: alt2"]

• Only player to score 20 or more points in all games (min. 15 games)
  • Michael Jordan (35 games)

[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Playoffs

Quote:

• Only player to Score 15 or more points in all games (min. 25 games)

• Michael Jordan (179 games)

• Only player to record consecutive 50 point games

• Michael Jordan recorded 50 and 55 points for the Chicago Bulls in games 1 and 2 of the 1988 First Round Playoffs vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers (April 28, 1988–May 1, 1988).

not sure how old you are raiders but i was a teenager when jordan did his thing i was lucky enough to actually see him play and im assuming you are as well. He is one of the few i am glad came along in my era to see and im not even a bulls fan.

Jordan
Pre crazy tyson
Barry Sanders

My top 3

not sure how old you are raiders but i was a teenager when jordan did his thing i was lucky enough to actually see him play and im assuming you are as well. He is one of the few i am glad came along in my era to see and im not even a bulls fan.

Jordan
Pre crazy tyson
Barry Sanders

My top 3
Good top 3 list. Bird and Magic were also fun to watch in hoops. I'd add Payton to the list of great RBs that I watched play.

You guys ought to be comparing Kobe to MJ. Actually, I hate the SOB (Kobe) except when the model picks the Lakers, but he may overtake MJ on wins and stats before he retires.

You guys ought to be comparing Kobe to MJ. Actually, I hate the SOB (Kobe) except when the model picks the Lakers, but he may overtake MJ on wins and stats before he retires.
Models and stats don't accurately tell the whole story. At Wages of Wins, they show Rose ranked 21st in wins produced. Stats don't tell the whole story since basketball isn't an individual sport and it's not baseball where it's pitcher vs. batter.

High Times

EOG Master

Hell Wade is twice as good as Lebron

:btj:

Seriously that guy is awesome and never gives up and plays hurt and GOES inside! On D-fence too!

Lebron is scared to go inside.

High Times

EOG Master

Wade plays bigger than Lebron.

You would think Wade has the bigger body the way he challenges anyone inside if he has too.

There's no comparison between the 2. Wade is driven to be great. Lebron just coasts way too much and like I always said about Lebron.

He wants to play like Magic Johnson, but he should play more like James Worthy.

Go inside and show some toughness Lebron :pop: