Michael Vick's MVP Choice

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Asked after practice Friday who he would select if he had a vote, the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback said, “You put me on the spot.”

Then he added with a smile: “I would take … myself.”

tripp

EOG Master
Re: Michael Vick's MVP Choice

That's who he should say. You want confidence like that from your QB, and he's one of only two guys that are even in the running for MVP.

Tom Brady is going to win, and IMO that's the right choice, but with the season vick has had he wins MVP in most years. Just not this year.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

That's who he should say. You want confidence like that from your QB, and he's one of only two guys that are even in the running for MVP.

Tom Brady is going to win, and IMO that's the right choice, but with the season vick has had he wins MVP in most years. Just not this year.

Yeah, at least he was honest about it.

Vivaldi

EOG Addicted

If Brady were out of the picture, they'd still wouldn't give it to Vick. Voters are too biased.

driver8

EOG Addicted

Brady gets too much credit. Matt Cassell won 11 games playing in the Pats system. Doubt Philly would even be .500 w/o Vick. Philly 8-1 when Vick plays start to finish. Philly 2-3 when he doesn't.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Not close. How many games has Vick missed this year? Pats roll to the best record.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

Brady will win in a landslide. The question took Vick by surprise and he said what he felt. This guy can't even vote in a real election anymore. If he wants to show some self-confidence in a hypothetical situation, so be it.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Vick looks beat up a little bit. He could have thrown a few more ints so far as well.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

YOU PUT BLACK QUARTERBACKS UNDER THE PRESSURES OF WINNING A BIG GAME ON NATIONAL T.V. AND ITS THE SAME OLD STORY THEY CHOKE.

VICK VS. BRADY :LMAO DID ANYBODY REALLY BELIEVE IT WAS EVEN CLOSE (COME ON MAN) THAT WAS ALL BROUGHT ON BY THE BLACK ANNOUNCERS AND PRE GAME GUYS LIKE MICHAEL IRVIN,DION SANDERS,MICHAEL STRAHAN. VICK HAD NO CHANCE PERIOD.

IT LOOKS LIKE THE PATRIOTS CANT LOSE THIS YEAR NOBODY IS PEAKING AT THE RIGHT TIME :btj:

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

OH I FORGOT ABOUT SHANNON SHARPE ANOTHER NIGERIAN WHO BUILT UP VICK OVER BRADY :LMAO

O.K. LETS START HEARING ABOUT THE RACISM IN THE VOTING ISNT THAT NEXT :LMAO

High Times

EOG Master

McNabb

Vick

What's the fucking difference?

Both blow and are lucky to play for Reid.

The Eagles would be this good with Kolb too (maybe better) whether you guys want to accept that or not!

12io4j2w90

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

THE DOGS WILL BE BARKING TOMORROW ON THE PHILEDELPHIA SPORTS RADIO SHOWS :LMAO

TAKE VICK OUT HE SUCKS,WHY DO WE ALWAYS HAVE TO HAVE BLACK QUARTERBACKS IN PHILLY,CAN MICHAEL VICK CLEAN THE LOCKER ROOM ISTEAD OF PLAYING THE OVERPAID JANITOR SUCKS.OH BOY ITS GOING TO BE FUN TOMORROW IN THE CITY OF BROTHERLY LOVE :LMAO

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

McNabb

Vick

What's the fucking difference?

Both blow and are lucky to play for Reid.

The Eagles would be this good with Kolb too (maybe better) whether you guys want to accept that or not!

12io4j2w90
Did you forget to watch the weeks in which Kolb QB this year? Wowser, this is a stoner comment for sure...

High Times

EOG Master

Did you forget to watch the weeks in which Kolb QB this year? Wowser, this is a stoner comment for sure...

He's a rookie in QB terms. He will be great and Andy Reid should have stayed with Kolb, but couldn't because everyone loves the dog killer. Oh he can run. Big fucking deal. He can't read defense's and that makes him average at best.

Do you ever see Vick changing the play at the line or pointing out where the blitz might come from.

Don't even answer because it's a big fat NO!

Kolb already is learning defense's!

Vick and his brother McNabb still have not even tried to learn this part of the game.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

He's a rookie in QB terms. He will be great and Andy Reid should have stayed with Kolb, but couldn't because everyone loves the dog killer. Oh he can run. Big fucking deal. He can't read defense's and that makes him average at best.

Do you ever see Vick changing the play at the line or pointing out where the blitz might come from.

Don't even answer because it's a big fat NO!

Kolb already is learning defense's!

Vick and his brother McNabb still have not even tried to learn this part of the game.

Did you know Kurt Warner never changed a play at the line of scrimmage under Mike Martz? You really don't have any clue what you're talking about in this situation. You guys would have 6 wins with Kolb as your QB this year. You can't even run the entire playbook with Kolb....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Did you know Kurt Warner never changed a play at the line of scrimmage under Mike Martz? You really don't have any clue what you're talking about in this situation. You guys would have 6 wins with Kolb as your QB this year. You can't even run the entire playbook with Kolb....

I always learn something when I read Timely's posts. Thanks.

High Times

EOG Master

That is an unbelievable statement. Every time they blitzed Warner he changed the play. He had too or he wouldn't have been the great QB he was.

Everything you said is wrong.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

That is an unbelievable statement. Every time they blitzed Warner he changed the play. He had too or he wouldn't have been the great QB he was.

Everything you said is wrong.
Let's see, I'm a Bears fan and Mike Martz is currently the OC of the Bears. When asked why Cutler doesn't change plays Martz responded with "No one changes the play in this offense. You get 2 options, and that's it. Warner didn't change any plays in this offense, and either will Jay."

This was said on the radio. I was shocked to hear it as well, but it makes sense. Martz gives 2 options on a play, and the QB basically picks which one based on coverage. There are no at the line audibles if Mike Martz is your OC. Not sure why you think otherwise, but I'm telling you the truth.

High Times

EOG Master

Let's see, I'm a Bears fan and Mike Martz is currently the OC of the Bears. When asked why Cutler doesn't change plays Martz responded with "No one changes the play in this offense. You get 2 options, and that's it. Warner didn't change any plays in this offense, and either will Jay."

This was said on the radio. I was shocked to hear it as well, but it makes sense. Martz gives 2 options on a play, and the QB basically picks which one based on coverage. There are no at the line audibles if Mike Martz is your OC. Not sure why you think otherwise, but I'm telling you the truth.

What the fuck is 2 options?

2 options means 1 of them is an audible if the QB sees a blitz coming.

That's what an audible is! Having a second option. 2348ji23e

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

What the fuck is 2 options?

2 options means 1 of them is an audible if the QB sees a blitz coming.

That's what an audible is! Having a second option. 2348ji23e
The only changes the QB makes at the line in Mike Martz offense is calling for a hot route, which is far from an audible. Also, I'm sure Reid runs the same system and I'm pretty sure Vick has checked from pass to run and run to pass plenty this season - not sure where you draw your conclusions from. You'd rather have Kolb despite seeing Kolb play lesser than Vick when he played - you're delusional on this topic.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

My point to you is this HT, in Martz system the QB isn't responsible for calling any plays - the receiver is every bit as responsible for the read as the QB but that doesn't mean Warner couldn't run an offense because he didn't check out of plays. Vick clearly knows how to run the offense since they're scoring a lot with it.

snoopol

EOG Addicted

The truth is that other than Atlanta they did not beat any good team and Kolbe started against Falcons. The love for Vick will be over in 2 weeks when they lose in 1st round.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

The debate between High Times and Timely Hero is a matter of semantics. No big deal. Let's find some winners.

High Times

EOG Master

We need some winners from HT. I don't think I've ever seen him give out a pick.

Many, many times I have put an opinion on other posted bets in this forum. They have done very good.

I am not a tout and never will be. I would never want to be responsible for someone to lose money because of some "great bet" that I posted.

But as I have said many, many times I will always give my opinion and that opinion is as good as anybody alive.

There is a reason I don't work for anybody and probably never will again.