Mike Trout...Mr No Clutch?

railbird

EOG Master
With so many samples you can pick apart anyone's resume......

No one is going to show well in every category, you can always find a spot/situation where he "chokes".

Whether it's his BA with man on base, 2-out, 9th inning, clutch situations, post-season and so on.

For example Bellinger hit .115 last year in the playoffs/WS. Struck out 16 times in 54 AB's - OBP .193, .385 OPS.

I think Yelich hits .195 in the post-season. Both small samples but that's kind of the point.....

If motivated you can find a chink in every player's armor.

Trout is not perfect but he's the best positional player in MLB and has been for several years now.

We move on.

https://www.12up.com/posts/son-of-e...f-using-hgh-through-mlb-loophole-01dyqz4vr8a7

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Why did you quote my post Rail?

I didn't comment on if he cheated or not, the list would be long......

Just stating my opinion he's been the best position player in the game last few years.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
As for those comments you linked, I find it hard to believe "everyone in the game" knew the Astros were cheating all the way back to 2017 regular season.

I'd bet dollars to donuts someone would have done what "Beltran's niece" had done long before this.

With cyberspace you can make these kind of allegations and hide beyond the cloak of anonymity.

I find it hard to believe a wide spread secret like that would not have come out before now.

Plus if everyone knew that it would be pathetic if a team allowed them to cheat.......

Surely the Dodgers and others would have played things differently if they were hip to this whole cheating thing.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Is breaking news on social media credible? It can be if they have the balls to stay with the story.

Look at the home page of your link - it doesn't even mention Trout. It would be the biggest story along with the cheating.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
more often than msm is. msm is filtered by cia, thats why trump sells out eveyr rally, because MSM is full of shit and are doberman pinchers to protect lies and agendas
The key question is why hasn’t Scott Brosius backed up his kid’s claims or owned up to it?

MrTop

EOG Master
bonds much feared than trout at the plate. Trout very good all around in todays game. By time he retires he will be called a very good player in history.. 10-15 could be a bit too much. Really depends how many homers he hits and batting avg. Right now trout not on the same planet with ruth, Gehrig, ted williams. in career stats cause of the much weaker Batting avg.
If harper gets 30m trout should get 50m

railbird

EOG Master
trump won because of people like you, that are controlled easily by msm. ITs why usa is a total sewer in 2020

MrTop

EOG Master
Trump won because he faced a historically unpopular candidate who ran a bad campaign

she was well liked.. bad campaign true. It will be tough to beat him. Many people vote with their wallet when economy doing well. Could he be beat yes. Almost beat last time.

railbird

EOG Master
Trump won because he faced a historically unpopular candidate who ran a bad campaign
That was a big part of it, but also trump got voters that bush, mccain,romney never got. Tapped into populists and evangelicals, the latter via pence and promoting israel

MrTop

EOG Master
That was a big part of it, but also trump got voters that bush, mccain,romney never got. Tapped into populists and evangelicals, the latter via pence and promoting israel

exactly... he got the anti establishment vote BIG time

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
trump won because of people like you, that are controlled easily by msm. ITs why usa is a total sewer in 2020

What does that hsve to do with some punk throwing out an fake rumor (*since taken down) and tinfoil conspirators accept it as fact after doing no research?

Since you want to go there, Heisenberg posted the reason Trump won.

kane

EOG master
MLB and the players association have issued a joint statement saying no player has been allowed to take HGH, I have to believe them, in today's age, if Trout or anyone else were given permission to take the stuff, at some point it would come out, and MLB and MLBPA would look very bad for getting caught in a lie. Sorry Rail, looks like it was fake news, but as someone on the alt right, you're used to believing fake news

mr merlin

EOG Master
Donald won the election, period, the elctoral college exists for a reason, and that reason was put on full display in 2016, and may again in 2020.

railbird

EOG Master
Bonds is the most feared hitter, by far. Pitchers were absolutely terrified of him. Maybe Ruth was like that many generations ago. But we've never seen anything close to what Bonds was.
agree, and the thing i like the most about bonds was the way he treated the dishonest press. i love that he doesnt give a rats ass about hall of fame. i would hate to be trout with all his douchebag fans, all whil have his gum hanging out his mouth, i cant even look at trout

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
agree, and the thing i like the most about bonds was the way he treated the dishonest press. i love that he doesnt give a rats ass about hall of fame. i would hate to be trout with all his douchebag fans, all whil have his gum hanging out his mouth, i cant even look at trout
You like a douchebag cheater but hate Trout and try to smear him. Sounds legit.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Why did binds hate the media? Because they didn’t kiss his ass and make him feel special. Guy had to cheat to fill his balloon-sized ego and head. I’m glad he never won, probably the last athlete I rooted against.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
After the fallout from his own comments, Brosius issued a statement, which said in part (via Mike Rosenstein of NJ Advance Media):

"The statement in question was taken from a conversation where I was explaining how there are certain situations in which actions that would usually be against the rules and considered cheating, are deemed okay for medical or other reasons, thus not cheating.

"The example I used of Mike Trout does not stem from information from my Dad or sources within the MLB and has no evidence behind it. I had no intention of this becoming an accusation against Mike Trout or causing the uproar it did...I would like to sincerely apologize to him and his family for the unfair statement I made and the negative fallout it has had on them."

That means very very odd that he would pick out Mike Trout but his statement above sounds like he made the whole thing up. Something smells fishy here.

What I have read is the fact that steriod and HGH use is very possible under a doctor's supervision because the MLB rules state that you are in violation if your T levels are something stupid like four times what "normal" levels would be. So if a player was very aware he could work with a doctor and get his T levels in the 2.5 to 3 times normal and still NOT be in violation of what the MLB deems to be cheating.

I would believe that using HGH would have the same "grey area" that could be exploited if done correctly.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
After the fallout from his own comments, Brosius issued a statement, which said in part (via Mike Rosenstein of NJ Advance Media):

"The statement in question was taken from a conversation where I was explaining how there are certain situations in which actions that would usually be against the rules and considered cheating, are deemed okay for medical or other reasons, thus not cheating.

"The example I used of Mike Trout does not stem from information from my Dad or sources within the MLB and has no evidence behind it. I had no intention of this becoming an accusation against Mike Trout or causing the uproar it did...I would like to sincerely apologize to him and his family for the unfair statement I made and the negative fallout it has had on them."

That means very very odd that he would pick out Mike Trout but his statement above sounds like he made the whole thing up. Something smells fishy here.

What I have read is the fact that steriod and HGH use is very possible under a doctor's supervision because the MLB rules state that you are in violation if your T levels are something stupid like four times what "normal" levels would be. So if a player was very aware he could work with a doctor and get his T levels in the 2.5 to 3 times normal and still NOT be in violation of what the MLB deems to be cheating.

I would believe that using HGH would have the same "grey area" that could be exploited if done correctly.
But he was friends with a heroine addiction, Trout is guilty.

Valuist

EOG Master
This is not an anti-Trout post. But anyone watching last night saw Trout take a pitch from Montas right above the elbow, in the tricep area. He didn't leave the game, and no broken bones. But I have to believe its pretty sore. I can't remember if it was a fastball or breaking ball, but even if it was a slider, it still would be hard enough to hurt. Montas can bring it 95-97 for a heater. I wouldn't load up on Trout in individual matchups today. Heritage has matchups with him vs Semien and Olson. Olson fresh off a walk off grand slam.