Missed this Kuchar caddy fiasco

mr merlin

EOG Master
It is only human decency to tip well if you've got it. Aside from Vegas and high end restaurants, servers do not make much money. They need the money more than I do. You will be welcomed with open arms and get stronger drinks if you tip well. Thee is no doubt in my mind that Kuchar is a card-carrying Republican. I've had to convince other liberals that tipping well is part of the "greater good' for all philosophy. Shame on those who don't if they really don't need the money themselves. And Kuchar certainly didn't.
I agree, but in this case I wouldn't even call it a tip, caddys receive extra compensation for good performances by their golfers. The normal and expected compensation in this situation would be approx $130K(for a professional caddy). For Kuchar to give the guy $5K is a true insult, $50 k is certainly a win, win for both Kuchar and the caddy, after all Kuchar is still "saving" about 80K.

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted
I note that prick Chickie in Philly of "Chickie's and Pete's fame was fined over 7 million by the Dept of Labor for requiring servers to kick back a portion of their tips to the establishment. Great sports bar, but I'm sure owned by another card-carrying Republican.

E$

EOG Dedicated
“Course knowledge” is helpful for hacks that struggle to break 80. There is nothing a local caddie is going to tell a tour pro that he wouldn’t figure out on his own. At that level, it’s more important to have a caddie that knows your game and exactly how far you hit every club. Local caddies typically don’t do anything other than carry the clubs and keep them clean which is why they don’t get paid the same as a players full time caddie.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Somewhat but not completely analogous is at some of biggest money poker tournaments there has been a lot of heated discussions in regards to what is correct tipping protocol and what isn't. I believe at the WSOP Included in the buy in is a chunk of money immediately taken out that is supposed to take care of the dealers. So as I understand it all tournament players up front have been forced to
pre- tip the dealers. Now is whoever wins an event for a large amount of dough supposed to tip or should I tip again after they make a nice score? Because of the upfront tip There have been tournament winners who objected to and refused to tip after the score and were bashed as a result. Is it fair and correct that the pre tip precluded you from tipping after the score??

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
Somewhat but not completely analogous is at some of biggest money poker tournaments there has been a lot of heated discussions in regards to what is correct tipping protocol and what isn't. I believe at the WSOP Included in the buy in is a chunk of money immediately taken out that is supposed to take care of the dealers. So as I understand it all tournament players up front have been forced to
pre- tip the dealers. Now is whoever wins an event for a large amount of dough supposed to tip or should I tip again after they make a nice score? Because of the upfront tip There have been tournament winners who objected to and refused to tip after the score and were bashed as a result. Is it fair and correct that the pre tip precluded you from tipping after the score??
IMO if they've already withheld a "forced tip", you dont give them a penny more, unless if you want to. But once again, in the Kuchar situation, we're not talking about tipping.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
"Gimmegate."

Funny term.

As a professional competitor, I would tell my opponent before the match every ball must go in the hole.

No gimmes.

richsox24

EOG Master
"Gimmegate."

Funny term.

As a professional competitor, I would tell my opponent before the match every ball must go in the hole.

No gimmes.
Thats not the way they do it though. Garcia definitely wrong to assume. But Kuchar is a fckn prick. Give him the damn putt and move on.

E$

EOG Dedicated
Wow, I had assumed that it was the ref who initiated everything as well.

Kuchar is a prick.

mr merlin

EOG Master
In fairness to Kuchar, Sergio didn’t give him time to say good....he putted right away and missed....
Yea, but Kuchar could have given him the putt, he didn't, he went to the ref knowing darn well how it would turn out.

Having said that the real problem is that dumbass Sergio MISSED that 4 inch putt. Either make it or look at kuchar and wait a second and a half for the concession.

richsox24

EOG Master
Yea, but Kuchar could have given him the putt, he didn't, he went to the ref knowing darn well how it would turn out.
Agree with this. Kuchar playing dumb asking "What happens now". HE knew exactly what was going to happen. The passive aggressive shit rubs me the wrong way.