Mitch/Foles prop

blueline

EOG Master
Matt Nagy's Explanation: Mitchell Trubisky Has Simply Improved

Bears coach Matt Nagy gave an answer Mitchell Trubisky's harshest critics might struggle to believe.
Trubisky has won the starting quarterback battle over former Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles because he has improved.
"In the end, Mitch won the job," Nagy said. "And I think that's very important for him, for us, for everybody to understand that he worked really hard to get to this point.
"We know that we all, in a lot of different areas, struggled in 2019. And so what I think was most impressive, from the end of the season until this past weekend was to be able to see some of the growth in practice and off the field that Mitch had. He decided to just control what he can control, he didn't worry about distractions, he didn’t worry about other competition."
Nagy on Sunday explained his decision on the starting quarterback battle which actually came out on Friday, and said Trubisky's win resulted from better play and not necessarily other reasons or failures on Foles' part.
"For him, he really, I thought he really finished strong, which was good," Nagy said. "To finish strong with some really accurate throws in the red zone, he did some things. I told you all along his footwork has been much better in the pocket, in regards to staying up in that pocket and hitching up there. Decision-making has been improved.

choslamshe

EOG Master
He'll be on a one-week leash unless he rolls out of the gates with efficient games leading to wins. But I think if he stinks it up week 1, they go to Foles real quick.