MLB Commisioner Rob Manfraud....

Heim

EOG Master
He should have stayed a labor lawyer, which is what he was hired to do. This Astro thing has completely gotten
off the tracks. Even Mr. Lack of Personality Mike Trout got involved yesterday. He seldom can form a opinion on
anything.

Lol, the WS trophy is just a piece of metal, justifying his reason for not yanking the Astro title.

Valuist

EOG Master
He should have stayed a labor lawyer, which is what he was hired to do. This Astro thing has completely gotten
off the tracks. Even Mr. Lack of Personality Mike Trout got involved yesterday. He seldom can form a opinion on
anything.

Lol, the WS trophy is just a piece of metal, justifying his reason for not yanking the Astro title.

Manfred is a complete imbecile.

MrTop

EOG Master
bill hill put out a plunking line ( hit by pitch for astro players )

bill hill now working on a manfred stepping down opener.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
This situation and punishment has a feel like MLB was aware of this and let it slide. Feels very "steriod-like".

I suppose their has to be some approval on where cameras can be located in a stadium. The rumors of teams stealing signs has to have made it's way to the front office and since this news never made it publicly they looked the other way.

Now to come out and "protect" astros players feels a bit "we let you guys do this so we will take care of you."

Now let's find out a player bet a 3 team NFL parlay in the off-season and throw the book at him.

Seriously if I'm the Yankees or Dodgers I am going to just up the cheating to an extreme this season. Hidden mics in the opponent's locker, secret cameras, transmitters in a player's shoes/socks.

The risk reward is in the cheater's favor here.

This situation and punishment has a feel like MLB was aware of this and let it slide. Feels very "steriod-like".

I suppose their has to be some approval on where cameras can be located in a stadium. The rumors of teams stealing signs has to have made it's way to the front office and since this news never made it publicly they looked the other way.

Now to come out and "protect" astros players feels a bit "we let you guys do this so we will take care of you."

Now let's find out a player bet a 3 team NFL parlay in the off-season and throw the book at him.

Seriously if I'm the Yankees or Dodgers I am going to just up the cheating to an extreme this season. Hidden mics in the opponent's locker, secret cameras, transmitters in a player's shoes/socks.

The risk reward is in the cheater's favor here.

That's the problem with changing history. We have no clue what other cheating is going undetected.

MrTop

EOG Master
Lebron joining in bashing Manfred. Lebron totally silent about Hong Kong people cause he is making $$$ in a commie country while people make his sneakers for a $1 a day

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
Just a piece of metal?

Goodbye. You're not worthy. You don't get it.

Commissioner is just a title. And a fleeting one at that. Especially after this.
I'd rather just be a piece of metal that people try their hardest to covet annually than a lame Commissioner.

People like Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Bob Gibson, Sandy Koufax, Willie Mays, Ernie Banks and Cal Ripken fought to win that piece of metal jughead.

We will never forget your stupid words, your apology rings hollow.
Put yourself and your feelings above the game and be like Bart Giamatti?

History will not treat you kind.
Best resign. Real MLB fans will never forgive.
And we've seen what a decent Commissioner looks like (NBA), so we know they exist.

The Liberty Bell and the Statue of Liberty are also just pieces of metal too, right Commish?

1582073345814.png

Just a piece of metal?

Goodbye. You're not worthy. You don't get it.

Commissioner is just a title. And a fleeting one at that. Especially after this.
I'd rather just be a piece of metal that people try their hardest to covet annually than a lame Commissioner.

People like Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Bob Gibson, Sandy Koufax, Willie Mays, Ernie Banks and Cal Ripken fought to win that piece of metal jughead.

We will never forget your stupid words, your apology rings hollow.
Put yourself and your feelings above the game and be like Bart Giamatti?

History will not treat you kind.
Best resign. Real MLB fans will never forgive.
And we've seen what a decent Commissioner looks like (NBA), so we know they exist.

The Liberty Bell and the Statue of Liberty are also just pieces of metal too, right Commish?

View attachment 7460078

NBA has only commissioner that doesn't get booed. Bettman has been in his job forever and always gets booed, yet he's never going anywhere. Manfred is there to make his bosses money and for it he gets paid about $12m a year. They won't get rid of him because some players think he should have turned the game upside down, suspending players forever and giving the title to someone who didn't win it on the field.

People can have all the passion about this they want, but there are reasons why he did what he did. Imagine if he suspended guys who have only been convicted in the court of public opinion? How big would the lawsuits be and what would you expect the players association to do?

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
Yeah he's in a bad spot. I see some want him to take the title away from the Astros. Others say Astros should give it back. No idea what I would do but I am not Commish of MLB. I just don't like the attitude after something like this happens. It sucks his contract is so long. Let an ex-player give it a whirl some year. At least the players get the essence of the game and the piece of metal. Lawyers and codewriters ruining our world. Maybe Silver could be Commish for all sports. He is a rare breed.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/c...luing-world-series-trophy-quite-significantly

Manfred: But honey, we've been married for so long. I worked my ass off to get you that wedding ring.
Mrs Manfred: This little "piece of metal," honey?

High Times

EOG Master
To take away a title from a team is a history no league wants. They would be hurting their own product. They have to downplay the whole thing.

Manfred might be an Idiot but he has no choice.......

railbird

EOG Master
harper and trout are crybabys, mlb fans are scumbags,. IF hymietown won WS, it would have never been uncovered. But Astros screwed over LA and NY, BOO F'n Hoo.