Banned
Re: MLB DISCUSSION THREAD FOR 4.20

Brewers only 3 HRS so far this season

Pirates OBP .261 last 7 games

Indians 61 total bases thus far, most teams have 95+

Heim

EOG Master

Pirates look like they came out of their hitting slump this weekend. Naturally Brewer bullpen helps.

Apple

Banned

Good call with Astros heim.

Angels in trouble. Who do you like to win that division?

Heim

EOG Master

still think between Halos and Mariners....Halos will get a second baseman before trading deadline, biggest weakness imo.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

Wonder if we're going to see the real Jorge De La Rosa tomorrow for Colorado? He had some injury problems in the spring. Not sure how much we can take from the Cubs series from the Padres, that was such a goofy series.

Apple

Banned

Wonder if we're going to see the real Jorge De La Rosa tomorrow for Colorado? He had some injury problems in the spring. Not sure how much we can take from the Cubs series from the Padres, that was such a goofy series.

I'm strongly considering the over.

Despaigne is not good on the road, era of almost 6. DE LA Rosa is a wild card but probably won't go more than 5-6 innings.

Anyone against the over?

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated

Padres numbers vs lefties

league high .821 ops vs lefties

BB/K ratio among worst 0.17 (only tep teams worse)

and BABIP absurd .462

eb765

EOG Senior Member

Red Sox starters have been bad... They need to make a deal to get Hammels..

eb765

EOG Senior Member

Nationals will be tough when their hitters get healthy.. Tigers should stay hot...

Firehorn

EOG Dedicated

I'm strongly considering the over.

Despaigne is not good on the road, era of almost 6. DE LA Rosa is a wild card but probably won't go more than 5-6 innings.

Anyone against the over?

Good luck if you play it. I agree with you that Despaigne was a different pitcher on the road last year. De La Rosa the past 2 years has been great at Coors Field going 20-3 and 2.98 ERA. This being his first start of the year is the 1 big question.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

7-1 Boston through 6 innings. O/U was set at 8.5.

A bunch of thoughts would be running through my head if I had the over. Root for another run but I wouldn't blame you if you just want them to call the game and get your money back because this game can easily end 7-1.

7-1 Boston through 6 innings. O/U was set at 8.5.

A bunch of thoughts would be running through my head if I had the over. Root for another run but I wouldn't blame you if you just want them to call the game and get your money back because this game can easily end 7-1.

I have the over on this game and want to see it played out
I basically need 1 run at -1.05(my original bet)
with min of 12 outs left so why would you want out:+clueless

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

Weather looked pretty bad. They finally called it. It would have been interesting to see if they would have gotten 1 across with 12 outs left in those weather conditions but I'm assuming they wouldn't have. They really didn't produce after the one big inning by Boston which happened because of errors.

peach

EOG Veteran

wait till you have a bet on an over that soars over in the first five only to get canceled in late innings

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

I wouldn't have wanted out but given the situation and wind which looked to be even worse (every ball that was hit in the air was just getting pulled directly down), there was a legit possibility the game could have ended 7-1 but we'll never know. If I was running a book, I would have priced over 0.5 runs at -125 with 2 innings left. How many of you would have bet over? It just makes for great discussion.

Apple

Banned

Let's do it!

SD bats are solid. Colorado back home so bats should wake up a bit!

RDTrains

EOG Addicted

FWIW I played CWS -108 and Houston Under 7' -105. Really like the Under play.

texansfan

EOG Master

Hou pitcher making only his 2nd career start. He is 0-1 with a 4.50 era. Houston at the bottom of the league in hitting though. Good luck to you RD.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated

was looking at Houston or under for a while. Wojo had a real good spring. though we've seen Cano carry a lineup when hot and he's looking good.

Firehorn

EOG Dedicated

Love this first inning

Great call. I was 100% wrong and you, I Wish I Was A Pro, and Toby Tyler were all 3 100% right about De La Rosa and Toby and SD crushing Lefties. Good luck on the rest.

Firehorn

EOG Dedicated

Good luck if you play it. I agree with you that Despaigne was a different pitcher on the road last year. De La Rosa the past 2 years has been great at Coors Field going 20-3 and 2.98 ERA. This being his first start of the year is the 1 big question.

That 1st inning each pitcher pitched like the exact opposite of what I thought would happen. Time to look at Tuesday. Good luck all.

cheapseats

EOG Master

I thought the Angel ML at -152 ish was a bit pricey given they have yet to win at home....Shoemaker is one of their better SP's......so I took a unit to win less than a 1/2 unit with the +1.5 Angels RL. Oakland not scoring to well either.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

Marte HR with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th for Pirates to push total of 7. You're either pleased or livid.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Any thoughts on the Angels game tomorrow cheap?

Santiago has generally impressed me with is stuff, especially the curve...pretty good against lefties.......pending the debacle tonight.....I will wait to see the movements.....if any....as I always do.................