MLB thread for Saturday, April 17

Valuist

EOG Master
No total above 9 today.

The Grand Salami is a scratch with one cancellation, correct?

I missed the cancellation. You are correct.

Here's DeGrom in Coors. We know Coors can make good pitchers look bad, but DeGrom against that Rockie lineup, its hard to see much offense. This would be his 3rd career start in Denver. 14 innings, 9 hits, 4 earned runs, 10 K and 4 BB. Game scores of 72 and 53 so 1 was a win and 1 loss. But those were in 2018 and 2016, with a much different Rockie lineup that today. No Arenado, Daniel Murphy or Dahl now. You know you have to get past Blackmon and Story, but DeGrom has really handcuffed both; Blackmon 2 for 19 with one double and Story 2 for 13 with one double. Can Colorado get over 1 1/2 runs in the first 5? I doubt it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I bet OVER 8.5 (-120) in the Cards-Phils game.

Kim v Moore.

Both pitchers can be had.

If Matt Moore wasn't a lefty, he would not be on an MLB roster and 32-year-old Kwang-Hyun Kim is on a pitch count for the Cards after experiencing back stiffness in spring training.

Bryce Harper hit two balls yesterday which would have been home runs on most days except the wind knocked down both drives.

I see both teams contributing to the scoreboard in the early innings.

Just so we get to 4-4 by the late innings.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I missed the cancellation. You are correct.

Here's DeGrom in Coors. We know Coors can make good pitchers look bad, but DeGrom against that Rockie lineup, its hard to see much offense. This would be his 3rd career start in Denver. 14 innings, 9 hits, 4 earned runs, 10 K and 4 BB. Game scores of 72 and 53 so 1 was a win and 1 loss. But those were in 2018 and 2016, with a much different Rockie lineup that today. No Arenado, Daniel Murphy or Dahl now. You know you have to get past Blackmon and Story, but DeGrom has really handcuffed both; Blackmon 2 for 19 with one double and Story 2 for 13 with one double. Can Colorado get over 1 1/2 runs in the first 5? I doubt it.

Good luck, VALUIST.

Valuist

EOG Master
I bet OVER 8.5 (-120) in the Cards-Phils game.

Kim v Moore.

Both pitchers can be had.

If Matt Moore wasn't a lefty, he would not be on an MLB roster and 32-year-old Kwang-Hyun Kim is on a pitch count for the Cards after experiencing back stiffness in spring training.

Bryce Harper hit two balls yesterday which would have been home runs on most days except the wind knocked down both drives.

I see both teams contributing to the scoreboard in the early innings.

Just so we get to 4-4 by the late innings.

I think you are on to something. I remember the old APBA baseball game used to grade pitchers A-D. I have always believed Harper could be beaten by top line starters, but he absolutely murders weak pitchers. Pitchers graded as "D" he can just bury. When he was with Wash, they often had a variance between their average runs scored and their median runs scored. Most likely caused by big scores piled up against weak pitching. But when did Wash get their WS? After Harper left.