MLB Trivia (Part 2)

kane

EOG master
This pitcher is the only pitcher in MLB history to allow 3 or fewer earned runs in each of his first 22 career starts

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's a riddle.

I've pitched in the NL West since the start of 2019 season and made 26 starts last year, but somehow, (and fortunately for me), never made a start in Coors Field. Who am I?

Valuist

EOG Master
The answer was Chris Paddack, who made his Coors debut today victorious, allowing 0 earned runs in 6 innings. 90% of Paddacks pitches are either fastballs or changeups, which is the way to pitch in Coors.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
When Paddack's good, he's really good.

Only 24 years old.

Intimidating force on the mound too.

He stands a big 6-5.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Who won the 1903 World Series?
There's an important reason I'm asking, and I won't say why until after at least one person answers.

kane

EOG master
If FW is wrong, I'll guess the Boston Bean Eaters, don't ask me how or why I'm guessing that, but for whatever reason that name has always stuck in my head

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
If FW is wrong, I'll guess the Boston Bean Eaters, don't ask me how or why I'm guessing that, but for whatever reason that name has always stuck in my head
It may be that now that you mention it. Franchises didn’t have official names until 1950 or so. Sportswriters usually gave the nicknames in the paper.