NY Yankees 22-10
LA Dodgers 19-9

worst 5:
Pittsburgh 7-24
Detroit 7-23
Colorado 9-22
Chicago White Sox 10-20
Seattle 10-20

And yet Detroit nearly a minus 160 favorite today.

Valuist

EOG Master
On today's card, the two top second half teams are both dogs, and 2 of the 3 worst post ASB teams are favored.

15 lefties starting today so I'd have to look under in salami. All 8 games went over the total yesterday.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
On today's card, the two top second half teams are both dogs, and 2 of the 3 worst post ASB teams are favored.

15 lefties starting today so I'd have to look under in salami. All 8 games went over the total yesterday.
An under I’m looking at is Hou-CWS game 2. Nova has been very good post AS-break.

Valuist

EOG Master
An under I’m looking at is Hou-CWS game 2. Nova has been very good post AS-break.

I prefer the game with Greinke/Cease to go under. Both starters get an extra day rest. For the Cole/Nova game, WS hitters have done pretty good vs Cole. The sample size isn't giant (66 plate appearances) but its not tiny, either. Have to see what regulars sit out game 1 and how many relievers go. Both bullpens got a full day off yesterday. But not easy to step in front of the Astro offense now. At least they've never faced Cease.

Valuist

EOG Master
I don't like the vibe on the Red Sox team. To quote a line from Seinfeld, they know "it isn't going to happen for them" this year. The XFIP worshippers can tell you Sale is as good as ever. I would be skeptical. We have two teams going in opposite directions; BoSox 12-18 since the ASB, Indians a red hot 22-9.

Arizona/Colorado is interesting as well. Gallen makes his first career start at Coors, which often is fade material, but the Rockies are so bad now, I can't jump on board. You really have to wonder about the Rockie organization. We've known for years that breaking pitches do not break well in elevation. You need to throw mostly fastballs and changeups. So Gray comes up and has an ideal mix in 2015: 81% fastballs and changeups, 19% sliders. Fast forward to 2019: he's junked the change up, and added a curve. The mix now? Only 55.5% fastballs/changeups and 44.5% breaking pitches. I want no part of Colorado today.

MrTop

EOG Master
i agree it is looking like the NBA more every year. They really need to kick out some teams but they won't cause they still make money.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The National League right now is far more balanced than the American League.

There is no middle class in the AL.

Teams like the O's, Royals and Tigers are awful.

And the Yanks have taken advantage of the Orioles this season, winning 15 of 17 meetings, and the Indians are 22-7 this season against the Tigers and Royals.

Valuist

EOG Master
I know Seattle has a few more wins than KC, but I suspect by the end of the season, KC has more. They are still playing hard; Seattle started out 13-2 and has since dealt Encarnacion and Bruce, and is just a train wreck.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I did a double-take when I saw Detroit -160 today.

But Seattle's starter Yusei Kikuchi is just awful.

He's allowed 29 homers in 123 innings this season.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
The National League right now is far more balanced than the American League.

There is no middle class in the AL.

Teams like the O's, Royals and Tigers are awful.

And the Yanks have taken advantage of the Orioles this season, winning 15 of 17 meetings, and the Indians are 22-7 this season against the Tigers and Royals.
Good point, Cleveland only 22-25 vs teams over .500. And 50-22 vs teams under.

Valuist

EOG Master
I did a double-take when I saw Detroit -160 today.

But Seattle's starter Yusei Kikuchi is just awful.

He's allowed 29 homers in 123 innings this season.

But he's pitching in a big park against an impotent offense. Some would be HRs could end up as outs......assuming Seattle's poor defense is able to catch them.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I don't like the vibe on the Red Sox team. To quote a line from Seinfeld, they know "it isn't going to happen for them" this year. The XFIP worshippers can tell you Sale is as good as ever. I would be skeptical. We have two teams going in opposite directions; BoSox 12-18 since the ASB, Indians a red hot 22-9.

I agree on your Boston vibe. They played a game against Tampa and it might have been the sloppiest game I've seen all year.

More important was their reaction to it, a lot of flippant attitudes on the field. I mentioned across the street look to fade Boston until further notice.

Just recently they pulled even with Tampa in the 2nd wild card race, now they are 8.5 games behind the Rays...... 17.5 behind Yanks in the division.

Hate to use the word QUIT but I'm going to have to see otherwise before I believe it.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
With Houston's addition of Greinke they have 3 of the 4 lowest WHIP's in MLB.

It's the Dodgers and the winner of the Astros/Yanks (if/when they get healthy).......

No one outside of these 3 teams can win it all this year IMO.

Valuist

EOG Master
Updated post All Star break top and bottom 5:

The good:
NY Yankees 26-11
NY Mets 24-11
LA Dodgers 22-11
Oakland 23-12
Cleveland 23-13

The bad:
Detroit 9-26
Pittsburgh 9-26
Colorado 12-23
Miami 12-23
Baltimore 13-23

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
It is faster to turn it around in MLB if you can scout and assess your talent. You have no chance in the NBA when 5-8 teams are sacrificing their seasons from the start for a chance at the top pick - then have a lottery decide it. The concept of trading talent for expiring contracts is a sham also. Few studs ever leave via FA. Everyone says they want to play in front of the greatest fans (Knicks). If so, why doesn’t anyone want to sign with them?

MrTop

EOG Master
It is faster to turn it around in MLB if you can scout and assess your talent. You have no chance in the NBA when 5-8 teams are sacrificing their seasons from the start for a chance at the top pick - then have a lottery decide it. The concept of trading talent for expiring contracts is a sham also. Few studs ever leave via FA. Everyone says they want to play in front of the greatest fans (Knicks). If so, why doesn’t anyone want to sign with them?

let me defend the city of NY but not the owner or GM's. They have signed players in the past but there have been many bad selections .

marbury in 2007 ------- 8th highest salary
spreewell in 2001-02 - 18th highest
mootumbo - 03-04 - 4th highest
alan houston 03-04 - 5th highest
Carmelo 2012-13 ------ 5th highest
stoodamyer 22012 - 13 --- 3rd highest
Carmelo 2015-16 ----- 3rd highest

i could go on but you get the idea. They keep screwing up then it puts them in a hole...they keep the wrong or sign FA the wrong player. Probably the worst owner & GM's thru the years.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
The Knicks are a shit show and have been for a long time, they can't draft and no free agents want to play there, they finally hit on a guy with Porzingis, but they trade him for Dennis Smith JR in order to free up enough cap space to sign two max free agents, LMAO. How'd that work out for them?