Mods...simple question regarding private messages

Re: Mods...simple question regarding private messages

Ok look! I gotta be honest. Sweded sent me a PM asking me if I had a big penis. I sent her one back asking her If she had a big vagina. :pop:

Simmer yourself down, hot shot. You were told that no one reads the PMs. You then said that you dont think they are very private. End of story.

:thumbsup

HOTSHOT? Ok kid, don't get your panties in a bunch now. I said it was my opinion that they were not private, due to the fact that there are many hacks to VB that are not easily found by mods and only tech and tech support know about. It's just the facts here kid. Just the facts.

I would like you to tell me how my opinion, is calling you a liar. If you could explain that IN DEPTH, cause I'm sure some people would love and I mean love to hear this explanation. Go ahead kid. Your show, you run it.

mofome

Banned

HOTSHOT? Ok kid, don't get your panties in a bunch now. I said it was my opinion that they were not private, due to the fact that there are many hacks to VB that are not easily found by mods and only tech and tech support know about. It's just the facts here kid. Just the facts.

I would like you to tell me how my opinion, is calling you a liar. If you could explain that IN DEPTH, cause I'm sure some people would love and I mean love to hear this explanation. Go ahead kid. Your show, you run it.

Oh the irony. You're the one cursing for no reason and using your always feared 'caps lock'. Perhaps you should heed your own advice with regard to the panties. Relax.

I have zero interest in talking with someone who is going to rant and rave in this manner. Have a good day, at the end of the evening you'll think what you think and I wont change your mind. Nor do I care to.

gl

Oh the irony. You're the one cursing for no reason and using your always feared 'caps lock'. Perhaps you should heed your own advice with regard to the panties. Relax.

I have zero interest in talking with someone who is going to rant and rave in this manner. Have a good day, at the end of the evening you'll think what you think and I wont change your mind. Nor do I care to.

gl

A simple: "I was wrong dude to say what I said. Opinions are just that and you never said I was lying" would of worked instead of bailing on the conversation and trying to walk away from it. Come on kid, when did I rant in my last post? I only did that once and got the point across. I'm gonna ask you again: Where did I say that you were lying? If you can show me it would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

I used the cap locks to get a point across and it worked.

Timetopay

EOG Master

A simple: "I was wrong dude to say what I said. Opinions are just that and you never said I was lying" would of worked instead of bailing on the conversation and trying to walk away from it. Come on kid, when did I rant in my last post? I only did that once and got the point across. I'm gonna ask you again: Where did I say that you were lying? If you can show me it would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

I used the cap locks to get a point across and it worked.

:+excited-

Finally uploaded the vBulletin to a host and am just about ready to start poking around to see if I can read private messages as an administrator or site owner..

OK, if anyone is interested vBulletin 3.8.1 stores private messages in a database table called forumpmtext. Moderators and even the message board Administrator do not have access to this data. This table must be accessed by going directly to the forum's database. The only person who should have a username and password to directly interact with the database would be the owner or admin of the account of the hosting provider the forum is hosted on. Basically, if you can go to whatever hosting provider this place is at and logon directly to EOG.com (not the message board, but the actual hosting account), you can read everyone's PMs. In fact, you could do much more than that! Anyway, here's a screenshot. Notice the pm text in plain view. Again, this info is not available to moderators or even the board administrator, this is at a deeper level.

mofome

Banned

So, in other words. Your PMs are never read.

WVU

EOG Master

Good stuff Beedo. Pretty much clears that up. It could be hacked, but I doubt anyone's doing that to read pms

Timetopay

EOG Master

I have read WVU's. He wants the same butt sex as lluvm from Mo

WVU

EOG Master

If my pms were read, I would have been banned long ago

:devil:

So, in other words. Your PMs are never read.

Never say never, but the only way someone is reading PMs is if they have access to the EOG.com hosting account (basically the keys to the kingdom) and they go ahead and look at that table. If none of the mods have access to that account, then they can't read PMs. The only obvious person who could read PMs would be THE SHRINK. Not saying he would ever do that, but technically, he could, if he wanted to. I personally don't think he has done this. I'm just putting it out there. 12io4j2w90

mofome

Banned

WVU, im well aware of many things you've said and I could care less about any. Not liking me and saying shity things about me isnt reason to ban someone. Not everyone gets along, life goes. Tacos are good. Beers are great. Things are said. Women worry about it dudes aren't as likely to. Well, most.

mofome

Banned

Never say never, but the only way someone is reading PMs is if they have access to the EOG.com hosting account (basically the keys to the kingdom) and they go ahead and look at that table. If none of the mods have access to that account, then they can't read PMs. The only obvious person who could read PMs would be THE SHRINK. Not saying he would ever do that, but technically, he could, if he wanted to. I personally don't think he has done this. I'm just putting it out there. 12io4j2w90

Yes. Hopefully STB is happy now.

Good stuff Beedo. Pretty much clears that up. It could be hacked, but I doubt anyone's doing that to read pms

Hey WVU, dunno if you remember or not but about a week ago I went off in one of your threads with some misplaced aggression. Sorry about that. As a peace offering, if you interested, I have found a new contest site that pays out 10 dimes every couple of months, 500 hundred per week, and 50 per day in a beat the streak type format (but it's based on units won, not building a streak). There only a small number of current players, but they are growing. If your "multiple-accounts running" skills are one tenth of what you've described on here, you could eat the place for breakfast. I'll PM you the site URL if you like (hopefully no one reads it, :+textinb3).

WVU

EOG Master

WVU, im well aware of many things you've said and I could care less about any. Not liking me and saying shity things about me isnt reason to ban someone. Not everyone gets along, life goes. Tacos are good. Beers are great. Things are said. Women worry about it dudes aren't as likely to. Well, most.

Just playin Mo. I say only good things about you in private. Publicly on the forum, I am not always so cordial. With all the nutsucking you get from other posters it should actually be a breath of fresh air:thumbsup

WVU

EOG Master

Hey WVU, dunno if you remember or not but about a week ago I went off in one of your threads with some misplaced aggression. Sorry about that. As a peace offering, if you interested, I have found a new contest site that pays out 10 dimes every couple of months, 500 hundred per week, and 50 per day in a beat the streak type format (but it's based on units won, not building a streak). There only a small number of current players, but they are growing. If your "multiple-accounts running" skills are one tenth of what you've described on here, you could eat the place for breakfast. I'll PM you the site URL if you like (hopefully no one reads it, :+textinb3).

pm away bro. I deserve some bashing now and then

Timetopay

EOG Master

Just playin Mo. I say only good things about you in private. Publicly on the forum, I am not always so cordial. With all the nutsucking you get from other posters it should actually be a breath of fresh air:thumbsup

mo dont give those guys a breathe when they sucking his nuts....

when they down there they have to finish the job :+excited-

Timetopay

EOG Master

can someone explain to me who is slurping. me head is starting to hurt

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Fellow Forum Members,

If you don't want something to be read by anyone other than the intended receiver then don't hit the 'send' button. It's that simple. This is the internet and privacy is history. I'm not a conspiracy nut like some of the political forum guys, just stating facts. And if the mods want to read my pm's, go ahead. I learned a long time ago to think before I type. Except when posting on this forum... 91023i2ndw;l

:+excited-

Thanks TTP. But the kid won't admit I never called him a liar. But all is a wash. We know what should happen and that is all that matters. It is what it is, and some people will never change.

Beedo, did you install the admin hack for VB that allows admin and mods to read the PM's. I know that you do not have to go thru the database to be able to read PM's. There is a hack where in as you can log in as users and read them that way or post as other people without passwords being used.

Blondie

EOG Master

Simply there is also a hack where you can log in as any user.

That would would be more damaging I would think simply because you can actually post as the person...

Simply there is also a hack where you can log in as any user.

That would would be more damaging I would think simply because you can actually post as the person...

Yeah that's what I said in my last post. Way more damaging.

mofome

Banned

Thanks TTP. But the kid won't admit I never called him a liar. But all is a wash. We know what should happen and that is all that matters. It is what it is, and some people will never change.

Beedo, did you install the admin hack for VB that allows admin and mods to read the PM's. I know that you do not have to go thru the database to be able to read PM's. There is a hack where in as you can log in as users and read them that way or post as other people without passwords being used.

Some people will never change? People should be happy that I wont change. I treat people well and give what I can. What you said was something I considered rude. You were told that your private messages are private, you insisted that they were not. I felt that was a rude comment, I told you that. boo hoo. What should happen? Good lord. So hard to cater to all...

:shoot:

mofome

Banned

EXCUSE ME SIR. Where in the fuck did I say you were lying? WHERE? ANYWHERE? FUCKIN A. Even BLONDIE, BY THE WAY WHO I WAS SPEAKING TO, realized what I said was true. Her intelligence on the tech side is neck and neck with mine and she understands what I mean when I'm speaking about. UNLIKE SOME OTHER PEOPLE.

You see, this is almost scary. You quote a question and then imply that it was a statement. You then rant and rave with your curses and caps. Then you want what from me? Please.

:doh1

You see, this is almost scary. You quote a question and then imply that it was a statement. You then rant and rave with your curses and caps. Then you want what from me? Please.

:doh1

1. Did I say you were lying? Yes or no.
2. In any way, shape or form, if you know enough about VB, there are several, (not just the one's that you may be aware of) ways to read PM's, do you know enough about VB to be denying this?

I never said you were lying. Never. Ever. But you said I did. That is a boldface lie and you know it. I have no problem with Mo and would like to keep it that way, but when outlandish things are said, I won't just sit back and take it. A nice "hey bud, I fucked up and reread the thread and you didn't say anything to me", would of been nice. Admitting fault is a great piece of character to have in life.
I was making a blanket statement based on my own expierence with VB and operations of databases. I am very proficient in the VB forums and know of several of the hacks that are used in VB applications. My statements are based on facts.

mofome

Banned

ok you never said i was lying. i asked you a question and you cursed me out. cool?

mofome

Banned

My apologies to you for the lashing I was giving you. My bad. All is well. Gl on your plays.

Same to you bud. You're one of my favs. Shit happens. You didn't like something and you let me know. I can respect that and respect the fact that we all overreact at times.

I misread your post and others were talking about pms being read and I got defensive about that after I told people that we dont read'em.

Aint no one perfect! Have a great day bud

:cheers

roach23

Banned

if you wanna talk about something that you don't want eog moderators to read just send the guy a pm asking for his regular email or chat address and communicate via that way.

then you wouldn't have to wonder if mods are reading yoru shit or not.

Dante

EOG Veteran

If my pms were read, I would have been banned long ago

:devil:

same here the things I say about about MO and Blondie ... :doh1:doh1:doh1:doh1

mofome

Banned

dante, people bash us on the main forum, no reason to use the PM feature.

oij213490

texansfan

EOG Master

if you wanna talk about something that you don't want eog moderators to read just send the guy a pm asking for his regular email or chat address and communicate via that way.

then you wouldn't have to wonder if mods are reading yoru shit or not.

Where you been hiding roach?