Mr Over/Under Week 1 Betting

MrOverUnder86

EOG Enthusiast
What's up guys, longtime handicapper here just looking to share my picks with what looks like a really nice and unique gambling community. Looking forward to spending the season with you guys and while my name suggests I only do totals, I am also posting sides, teasers, props, and pretty much everything else as well. I've always been pretty solid but let's see how I do when everything is public. Anyway, starting things off with a simple prop bet tonight.........

Jarrett Boykin Over 2.5 Catches (-160)
$160 to win $100
Analysis: This is a very intriguing bet to me. First of all, you have to look at it from this standpoint. If the Packers win this game, it will be because Aaron Rodgers has a big game. If they are losing, that means they will need Aaron Rodgers to pass in high-volume when trailing, which points to him putting up his usual nice numbers as well. So as a result, that means everything should trickle down to his receivers, and one of the key main ones is this young man Jarrett Boykin who showed enormous potential last year. That did have something to do with Randall Cobb going down with a significant injury, but with James Jones gone this year, that means Boykin will become a regular in this offense, and as Rodgers' regular No. 3 receiver, how can you not like this bet? Mike McCarthy has done nothing but praise the youngster all pre-season, and he certainly has Rodgers' trust after his excellent showcase from last year. Perhaps most important are the actual numbers, which show that in Boykin's 12 games last season, he accumulated 82 targets, which means he averaged almost 7 targets a game! Uh considering he only needs three catches (And that's for a win, not a push!), you have to like this bet. The value kinda sucks, but you have to expect that in a bet like this. I love it.

Good luck to everyone this weekend and throughout the season. Like I said, looking forward to interacting with everyone throughout the campaign. Should be another fun one.

MrOverUnder86

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Mr Over/Under Week 1 Betting

My card for today:<br>
<br>
<br>
<strong>Sides</strong><br>
<br>
<u>New England Patriots -3 (-150)</u> @ Miami Dolphins<br>
$60 to win $40 (Bought 1? P)<br>
<strong>Analysis:</strong> Simply put, I just think the Patriots will get out to a quick start this season with two key stalwarts available on offense from the start: Rob Gronkowski and Danny Amendola. We know how special Gronk is when he’s on the field, and when Amendola is healthy, he’s a huge impact player also. With an upgraded defense, the Patriots appear to be on par for one of their trademark 10-12 win seasons, starting with this one.<br>
<br>
<strong><br>
Over/Unders</strong><br>
<br>
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Philadelphia Eagles O47<br>
$136 to win $80 (Bought 3 P)<br>
<strong>Analysis:</strong> We know the deal with Chip Kelly’s offense, and even without DeSean Jackson, this group should still be explosive with Nick Foles, who proved he is legit, under center. I’m really high on Jeremy Maclin and think he’ll have a huge year (Also took his receptions prop, as highlighted at the bottom). The Jags’ offense takes a hit without Cecil Shorts today (Not to mention Justin Blackmon, out for the year, and Ace Sanders, out the first four weeks) but I’m incredibly high on Toby Gerhart in his first year in Jacksonville and I think his efficient running will help pave the way for a solid pass attack. Of course, the Eagles will pace this over.<br>
<br>
New York Giants @ Detroit Lions O45<br>
$75 to win $50 (Bought 2 P)<br>
<strong>Analysis:</strong> Without dwelling deep into it, this is about both offenses clicking on the first Monday Night game of the year. The Lions obviously have one of the most potent offensive units in the league, which I think will come through for this over, and the Giants should put up some points as well. The number of 45 isn’t even asking too much.<br>
<br>
Indianapolis Colts @ Denver Broncos O54<br>
$55 to win $50<br>
<strong>Analysis:</strong> I hate seeing the line so high, especially for a game in Week 1 when teams are just starting out their seasons, and therefore just getting into rhythm and normal form, but I’ll take my chances. Emmanuel Sanders should capably fill in Wes Welker’s role and have a very nice campaign, while Peyton Manning should continue to be one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. The Colts have a talented offense as well that now has an extra significant weapon in Hakeem Nicks, not to mention a full year of Trent Richardson actually knowing the playbook, which should allow him to finally progress with his new team.<br>
<br>
<br>
<strong>Teasers</strong><br>
<br>
$65 to win $50<br>
Eagles +1?, Falcons +16?, Cowboys +16?, Giants +19?<br>
<br>
$39 to win $30<br>
Falcons +16?, Giants +19?, Cowboys +16?, Giants/Lions O34<br>
<br>
$39 to win $30<br>
Cowboys +16?, Broncos +5?, Giants +19?, Falcons +16?<br>
<br>
$26 to win $20<br>
Giants +19?, Falcons +16?, Cowboys +16?, Raiders/Jets U54<br>
<br>
<br>
<strong>Props</strong><br>
<br>
Jeremy Maclin O4 Receptions - $69 to win $60<br>
<br>
Geno Smith O20? Rush Yards - $58 to win $50<br>
<br>
Nick Foles O20? Completions - $52 to win $40<br>
<br>
<br>
<strong>Parlays</strong><br>
<br>
Bears ML, Broncos ML - $140 to win $100<br>
<br>
<br>
Still might add more as well.<br>
<br>
<br><br type="_moz">

MrOverUnder86

EOG Enthusiast

Have the over for tonight's SNF matchup, as mentioned, and am also taking Andrew Luck O22? Completions, $52 to win $40

MrOverUnder86

EOG Enthusiast

Eh I'll also take Broncos moneyline -370, $93 to win $25.Never do something like that but I just can't see Denver losing their first game (Not to mention to Peyton's old team again on national tv)

MrOverUnder86

EOG Enthusiast

Ok hopefully all those teasers close out successfully tonight with Giants +19?. Also going to add some action on Giants +7 (I am buying 1 P) and risking only $33 to win $25, since I have a lot on those teasers, not to mention the over of 45. Good luck to everyone on their action this evening.

MrOverUnder86

EOG Enthusiast

Don't have time to start Week 2 thread yet but I have Steve Smith over 3.5 catches (-160) $96 for $60