MUNSON'S PLAYS

munson15

I want winners...
Re: MUNSON'S PLAYS

Thanks Bob, I feel much better now that I know that stat. :cheersI was basing my decision mostly on intuition, and my own logic. I suppose it is ironic, but historically insignificant, that DDD's are 5-0 in this year's playoffs.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Munson gave a reason above. To quantify the issue, NBA playoff DDDs are 19-31-1 ATS from the 2002 season up to last year. Of course, this year they are 5-0.

I just saw the post on the previous page. Sorry for the repeat question, Mike, I haven't checked in on this thread in a little while. I don't think the 24-31 since '02 should be a reason to abandon the strategy completely, but if you have some additional logic then it's more understandable.

munson15

I want winners...

Well, Tim, I rarely go by 'feel' but that is part of the equation I laid out in explaining why I pass on playoff DDD's. Thanks for checking in, always appreciate your comments and encouragement.12io4j2w90

munson15

I want winners...

adding----------------

MLB=
NYM-119 (P)
SD+117 (P)
BAL+167 (D)
TEX-165 (S)
MIN-115 (P)
bos-105 (P)

munson15

I want winners...

adding-------------------

MLB/Buskie=
col/FLA O8.5 (S)-110
NYM-122 (D) 2nd unit
MIN-114 (K) 2nd unit

munson15

I want winners...

4/23

MLB=
lad+110 (K)
NYM-123 (D)
arz/NYM O8 (P)-123
hou/MIL U7.5 (D)-109
DET+100 (P)
TOR+116 (P)
BAL+163 (S)

munson15

I want winners...

adding------------------

NBA/Buskie=
mia/PHI U188.5 (P)-105

MLB/Buskie=
was+121 (K)
BAL+123 (K)
arz/NYM U4.5 1st5 (P)+102

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks John, I guess one way to look at this thread is that 10 units in the hole after almost 1000 plays is not terrible, but I want to get back in black.:btj:

munson15

I want winners...

updated record---------------

W483 L473, -12.73 units

(BOS series bet included in record)

munson15

I want winners...

I read and heard the report of Bryant leaving the arena on crutches last night, but he must be fine, LA -10.5 tomorrow night. No way they put a line like that on the game if Bryant is even questionable.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

Operation Barbarossa (German: Unternehmen Barbarossa, for Frederick I) was the code name for Germany's invasion of the Soviet Union during World War II that began on 22 June 1941.<SUP id=cite_ref-Higgins_9-0 class=reference>[10]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-10 class=reference>[11]</SUP> Over 4.5 million troops of the Axis powers invaded the USSR along a 2,900 km (1,800 mi) front.<SUP id=cite_ref-11 class=reference>[12]</SUP> In addition to the large number of troops, it also involved 600,000 motor vehicles and 750,000 horses.<SUP id=cite_ref-12 class=reference>[13]</SUP> Planning for Operation Barbarossa started on 18 December 1940; the secret preparations and the military operation itself lasted almost a year, from spring to winter 1941. The Red Army repelled the Wehrmacht's strongest blow, and Adolf Hitler did not achieve the expected victory, but the Soviet Union's situation remained dire. Tactically, the Germans had won some resounding victories and occupied some of the most important economic areas of the country, mainly in Ukraine.<SUP id=cite_ref-13 class=reference>[14]</SUP> Despite these successes, the Germans were pushed back from Moscow and could never mount an offensive simultaneously along the entire strategic Soviet-German front again.<SUP id=cite_ref-14 class=reference>[15]</SUP>
Operation Barbarossa's failure led to Hitler's demands for further operations inside the USSR, all of which eventually failed, such as continuing the Siege of Leningrad,<SUP id=cite_ref-15 class=reference>[16]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-16 class=reference>[17]</SUP> Operation Nordlicht, and Battle of Stalingrad, among other battles on the occupied Soviet territory.<SUP id=cite_ref-17 class=reference>[18]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-Directorate_18-0 class=reference>[19]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-19 class=reference>[20]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-20 class=reference>[21]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-21 class=reference>[22]</SUP>
Operation Barbarossa was the largest military operation in human history in both manpower and casualties.<SUP id=cite_ref-22 class=reference>[23]</SUP> Its failure was a turning point in the Third Reich's fortunes. Most important, Operation Barbarossa opened up the Eastern Front, to which more forces were committed than in any other theatre of war in world history. Operation Barbarossa and the areas that fell under it became the site of some of the largest battles, deadliest atrocities, highest casualties, and most horrific conditions for Soviets and Germans alike — all of which influenced the course of both World War II and 20th century history.

munson15

I want winners...

I know I juiced out on tor/TEX, but the Texas play was already posted when Buskie put Toronto up, so I offset them. Also, I'm not going to chase my tail on those DDD's in the NBA, but a couple are on tap the next two days for those interested.