MUNSON'S PLAYS

rainbow

EOG Master
Re: MUNSON'S PLAYS

ComptrBob v munson15. Break it up, men. :houra
Really John, who is this Bozo Bob? he came in a thread and started with me for absolutely no reason Friday... he quotes saying where did this MORON come from posting in caps, if he didn't like me posting in caps don't read it, no he had to call me a MORON and he dosn't even know me... I will be the first to admit I've been in several arguements at EOG, but I have a hard time swallowing when someone fires at me, expecially for no reason other than taking up for his dear friend Fezzik.... if someone can't get along with Munson they really have problems.... Munson, I didn't mean to try and butcher your thread, keep the winners coming...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Munson cashes again with the lowly Cavs. Job well done.

Rainbow, ComptrBob is the smartest guy I know. Bob has a brilliant background in mathematics with advanced degrees from the University of Washington. He is numbers-based, but has the ability to think like an artist. I respect his opinion on all matters concerning sports and sports gambling. History tells me when I disagree with Bob it usually means I'm wrong. You may not like Bob's forum etiquette, and I side with munson15 in most every argument concerning forum diplomacy, but I doubt you'll find many minds sharper than ComptrBob's.

If you don't care for ComptrBob, I like the advice of cheapseats in the latest post.

rainbow

EOG Master

Munson cashes again with the lowly Cavs. Job well done.

Rainbow, ComptrBob is the smartest guy I know. Bob has a brilliant background in mathematics with advanced degrees from the University of Washington. He is numbers-based, but has the ability to think like an artist. I respect his opinion on all matters concerning sports and sports gambling. History tells me when I disagree with Bob it usually means I'm wrong. You may not like Bob's forum etiquette, and I side with munson15 in most every argument concerning forum diplomacy, but I doubt you'll find many minds sharper than ComptrBob's.

If you don't care for ComptrBob, I like the advice of cheapseats in the latest post.
I believe every word you are saying, I guess I just take some things the wrong way... thanks for the responce...

holdemnuts

EOG Enthusiast

Whats up Munson?

Good to see a familiar face.

I remember you being a faithful follower of NEDS bracketbuster last year. I also followed and enjoyed the profit from that weekend. I will probably play last years system for small potatos this year if we cant get something worked out with Ned. but I would really like to know if there are any changes to the system for this year? Do you have any way of contacing Ned?

Thanks.

munson15

I want winners...

Ned and I are still buds, so I'll ask him what his plans are. Do you know which weekend Bracket Buster is?

munson15

I want winners...

Really John, who is this Bozo Bob? he came in a thread and started with me for absolutely no reason Friday... he quotes saying where did this MORON come from posting in caps, if he didn't like me posting in caps don't read it, no he had to call me a MORON and he dosn't even know me... I will be the first to admit I've been in several arguements at EOG, but I have a hard time swallowing when someone fires at me, expecially for no reason other than taking up for his dear friend Fezzik.... if someone can't get along with Munson they really have problems.... Munson, I didn't mean to try and butcher your thread, keep the winners coming...
Just happy you're stopping in for a visit, Rainbow. Pop in anytime.12io4j2w90

Finance

EOG Veteran

Bracketbusters is 2/18-2/20 with the pairings announced tonight at 6:30 on ESPNU....

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks, Finance, that gives me time to try and get with Ned and see what we can do. I need to check the NCAAB forum, he may already have something in the works.

kirkmuller

EOG Senior Member

munson, can you post the breakdown of how many units you put on each play, according to poster, i.e. JK 2 units, RAS 1 unit, etc.

munson15

I want winners...

Ever notice how much more fun it is to post your record off a winning night?:yay

Updated record---------------

W186 L161, +10.52 units

munson15

I want winners...

munson, can you post the breakdown of how many units you put on each play, according to poster, i.e. JK 2 units, RAS 1 unit, etc.
It actually varies off a modified Kelly criterion formula, Kirk. Once a level is hit, the unit gets bumped, and when I'm actually in play, there are several levels, i.e. $50, $100, $150 and so on. Since that would only hopelessly confuse the exercise here, I have simplified it by using only one and 2 unit plays. Sorry it's not more representative of how I would play them for real, but I don't want to lose my mind with the mathematical side of it. At this point in the proceedings, JK is a two-unit play based on my recording of his selections being up 50.47 units and RAS is a one-unit play off a +37.52 unit rating. These are only plays I've personally recorded, so results obviously will vary. Sorry to get long-winded and I hope that answered your question, Kirk.:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Caught a couple of late RAS releases at premium prices.

2/1

NCAAB=
NMex-4 (-116)P
Hous+3 (-115)P

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Interesting that JK brings up forum etiquette in his post. I have been reading and posting on bulletin boards, usr forums, and the ARPANET since the mid 70's well before there were any browsers, HTTP or WWW protocols.
One long-standing rule of posting etiquette is not to use CAPS except for short phrases that need emphasis. Long bursts of capitalized text is taken as shouting at people. This is what I was objecting to in my first post quoting Rainbow.

Subsequently, I objected to his railing against Fezzik and oft-repeated reasons for limiting Fezzik's bets. I derided the concept of "chasing steam" which I think is just a way to obscure the fact that some books lose money to some very sharp bettors who can read the market well. We can discuss this in some other thread at a later time if anyone wants to.

Incidentally, my math background is tangential to this discussion, but I appreciate JK exstolling it. LOL

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

I think "exstolling" is one of those Sarah Palin words that involves something bad that can happen to you in family court.

kirkmuller

EOG Senior Member

It actually varies off a modified Kelly criterion formula, Kirk. Once a level is hit, the unit gets bumped, and when I'm actually in play, there are several levels, i.e. $50, $100, $150 and so on. Since that would only hopelessly confuse the exercise here, I have simplified it by using only one and 2 unit plays. Sorry it's not more representative of how I would play them for real, but I don't want to lose my mind with the mathematical side of it. At this point in the proceedings, JK is a two-unit play based on my recording of his selections being up 50.47 units and RAS is a one-unit play off a +37.52 unit rating. These are only plays I've personally recorded, so results obviously will vary. Sorry to get long-winded and I hope that answered your question, Kirk.:cheers
alright thanks. good luck

munson15

I want winners...

adding-------------

NCAAB=(2 units)
SoMiss/UAB U135 (-110)H
IllSt/NIowa O119 (-109)P
MissSt/Ala O134.5 (-110)X

munson15

I want winners...

Rough night, lose by 1 with JK, lose by 2 with my double digit dog and miss RAS' early totals winner by 10 minutes while out with my kids. Who made up these 6:30 tipoff times in the Big Ten? RAS even had a halftime winner I didn't place in time. Somewhere, Bob is laughing.:LMAO

Updated record-----------------

W189 L156, +4.89 units

ComptrBob

EOG Master

My background is in writing and the word is 'extolling.':cheers

Serves me right for rushing the post as I was trying to find the new link for Winning Wednesdays.

But hey, seems you've finally found your niche in life. Internet spell checker.

Thanks for the correction.

PROFESSOR

EOG Dedicated

Rough night, lose by 1 with JK, lose by 2 with my double digit dog and miss RAS' early totals winner by 10 minutes while out with my kids. Who made up these 6:30 tipoff times in the Big Ten? RAS even had a halftime winner I didn't place in time. Somewhere, Bob is laughing.:LMAO

Updated record-----------------

W189 L156, +4.89 units

I think it should be 189-166 munson?