My 10* NCAA Tournament Game of the Year and Why!!!

Northern Star

EOG Enthusiast
Here is my NCAA Tournament Game of the Year. I think in all sports quality teams start with defense. So it is not surprising that I use a good defensive team for my game of the year. Almost every major stat that I look at favors this team. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Texas</st1:place></st1:State> A&M Aggies.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Start out on the defensive side of the ball. They rank #2 in field goal percentage holding their opponents to just 37.1% on the other side of the ball Louisville isn?t shabby ranking #24 and allowing the opponents to shoot 40.1%. Texas A&M gives up 59.2 points a game versus <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City>? 62.7 points a game. I feel shooting percentage is a better indication than points per game to access the defense because the amount of points per game can be skewed by the tempo you play.
<o:p> </o:p>
Rebounds per game are Texas A&M at 38.7 versus <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> 39.7. Once again this has a bit to do with style of play. <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Texas</st1:place></st1:State> A&M out rebounds their opponent by 4.9 rebounds and ranks 36 in the country. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> is not in the top 50 in rankings.
Steals is an advantage to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> at 7.4 to 6.8 a game.
Going to offense. Texas A&M is number 6 in the country shooting 50.1 % versus <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> shooting 43.2% and ranking 212. A&M score 76.3 a game and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> scores 71.4 a game. Free throws if it is a tight game Advantage Texas A&M 72.4% as a team versus 67.1%. Three point shooting is a clear advantage to A&M they are number 3 in the country making 42.2% versus <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Louisville</st1:City></st1:place> at only 33.2%. Assist are a good indicator of a team style of play versus a one on one style which once again goes TA&M way 18.0 assists per game versus Louisville 14.5. Turnovers per game almost dead even with A&M having a slight advantage 12.5 to 12.7. Scoring margin per game Texas A&M ranks 5 in the country outscoring their opponents by 17.1 versus <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Louisville</st1:City></st1:place> ranking #36 at 8.7 per game. Texas A&M has balanced scoring with four players scoring in double figures. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> also has balanced scoring with two players scoring in double figures.
About their seasons. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> is 23-8 but how did they do against top opponents with some commentary on my opinions on these teams, just 3-7. Loses to Arizona (average NCAA Team), Kentucky (Average NCAA Team), UMASS (NIT team close to making NCAA), Georgetown (possible final 4), split with Pitt (Decent team), Notre Dame (one and done NCAA), Marquette (one and done), Beat Syracuse (just missed NCAA). Nothing too impressive their. Also lost to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dayton</st1:place></st1:City> and Villanova.
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State></st1:place> A&M... Lost at LSU (average team), At UCLA (my board pick to win it all), Twice to Texas Tech (one and done NCAA team and surprising loses for A&M), at <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State></st1:place> (very talented team great game if you watched it), at Ok state in tournament (average team. One the win side won at <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Kansas</st1:State></st1:place> (top four team in country), Beat Texas, and Beat scrappy Winthrop (who beat Notre Dame). I feel they have done better against their top competition.
One advantage <st1:City w:st="on">Louisville</st1:City> has is that the game is being played in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Lexington</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">Kentucky</st1:State></st1:place>. I will take my chances with a veteran team with good guards even on a non neutral court.
MY 10* NCAA Tournament Game of the Year <o:p></o:p>
<st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State> A&M 72 <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> 60 <o:p></o:p>
As Always Good Luck
Northern Star

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Re: My 10* NCAA Tournament Game of the Year and Why!!!

If you copy to a notepad (start>all programs>accessories>Notepad) and then to forum it will look right. It is the HTML from a word doc or email that makes all the funny characters show.

Best of luck

If you copy to a notepad (start>all programs>accessories>Notepad) and then to forum it will look right. It is the HTML from a word doc or email that makes all the funny characters show.

Best of luck

aka...cut and paste?

Northern Star

EOG Enthusiast

Here is my NCAA Tournament Game of the Year. I think in all sports quality teams start with defense. So it is not surprising that I use a good defensive team for my game of the year. Almost every major stat that I look at favors this team. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Texas</st1:place></st1:State> A&M Aggies.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Start out on the defensive side of the ball. They rank #2 in field goal percentage holding their opponents to just 37.1% on the other side of the ball Louisville isn?t shabby ranking #24 and allowing the opponents to shoot 40.1%. Texas A&M gives up 59.2 points a game versus <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City>? 62.7 points a game. I feel shooting percentage is a better indication than points per game to access the defense because the amount of points per game can be skewed by the tempo you play.
Rebounds per game are Texas A&M at 38.7 versus <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> 39.7. Once again this has a bit to do with style of play. <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Texas</st1:place></st1:State> A&M out rebounds their opponent by 4.9 rebounds and ranks 36 in the country. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> is not in the top 50 in rankings.
Steals is an advantage to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> at 7.4 to 6.8 a game.
Going to offense. Texas A&M is number 6 in the country shooting 50.1 % versus <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> shooting 43.2% and ranking 212. A&M score 76.3 a game and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> scores 71.4 a game. Free throws if it is a tight game Advantage Texas A&M 72.4% as a team versus 67.1%. Three point shooting is a clear advantage to A&M they are number 3 in the country making 42.2% versus <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Louisville</st1:City></st1:place> at only 33.2%. Assist are a good indicator of a team style of play versus a one on one style which once again goes TA&M way 18.0 assists per game versus Louisville 14.5. Turnovers per game almost dead even with A&M having a slight advantage 12.5 to 12.7. Scoring margin per game Texas A&M ranks 5 in the country outscoring their opponents by 17.1 versus <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Louisville</st1:City></st1:place> ranking #36 at 8.7 per game. Texas A&M has balanced scoring with four players scoring in double figures. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> also has balanced scoring with two players scoring in double figures.
About their seasons. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> is 23-8 but how did they do against top opponents with some commentary on my opinions on these teams, just 3-7. Loses to Arizona (average NCAA Team), Kentucky (Average NCAA Team), UMASS (NIT team close to making NCAA), Georgetown (possible final 4), split with Pitt (Decent team), Notre Dame (one and done NCAA), Marquette (one and done), Beat Syracuse (just missed NCAA). Nothing too impressive their. Also lost to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dayton</st1:place></st1:City> and Villanova.
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State></st1:place> A&M... Lost at LSU (average team), At UCLA (my board pick to win it all), Twice to Texas Tech (one and done NCAA team and surprising loses for A&M), at <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State></st1:place> (very talented team great game if you watched it), at Ok state in tournament (average team. One the win side won at <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Kansas</st1:State></st1:place> (top four team in country), Beat Texas, and Beat scrappy Winthrop (who beat Notre Dame). I feel they have done better against their top competition.
One advantage <st1:City w:st="on">Louisville</st1:City> has is that the game is being played in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Lexington</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">Kentucky</st1:State></st1:place>. I will take my chances with a veteran team with good guards even on a non neutral court.
MY 10* Tournament Game of the Year <o:p></o:p>
<st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State> A&M 72 <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Louisville</st1:place></st1:City> 60 <o:p></o:p>
As Always Good Luck
Northern Star

Northern Star

EOG Enthusiast

Here is my NCAA Tournament Game of the Year. I think in all sports quality teams start with defense. So it is not surprising that I use a good defensive team for my game of the year. Almost every major stat that I look at favors this team. Texas A&M Aggies.

Start out on the defensive side of the ball. They rank #2 in field goal percentage holding their opponents to just 37.1% on the other side of the ball Louisville isn?t shabby ranking #24 and allowing the opponents to shoot 40.1%. Texas A&M gives up 59.2 points a game versus Louisville? 62.7 points a game. I feel shooting percentage is a better indication than points per game to access the defense because the amount of points per game can be skewed by the tempo you play.

Rebounds per game are Texas A&M at 38.7 versus Louisville 39.7. Once again this has a bit to do with style of play. Texas A&M out rebounds their opponent by 4.9 rebounds and ranks 36 in the country. Louisville is not in the top 50 in rankings.
Steals is an advantage to Louisville at 7.4 to 6.8 a game.
Going to offense. Texas A&M is number 6 in the country shooting 50.1 % versus Louisville shooting 43.2% and ranking 212. A&M score 76.3 a game and Louisville scores 71.4 a game. Free throws if it is a tight game Advantage Texas A&M 72.4% as a team versus 67.1%. Three point shooting is a clear advantage to A&M they are number 3 in the country making 42.2% versus Louisville at only 33.2%. Assist are a good indicator of a team style of play versus a one on one style which once again goes TA&M way 18.0 assists per game versus Louisville 14.5. Turnovers per game almost dead even with A&M having a slight advantage 12.5 to 12.7. Scoring margin per game Texas A&M ranks 5 in the country outscoring their opponents by 17.1 versus Louisville ranking #36 at 8.7 per game. Texas A&M has balanced scoring with four players scoring in double figures. Louisville also has balanced scoring with two players scoring in double figures.

About their seasons. Louisville is 23-8 but how did they do against top opponents with some commentary on my opinions on these teams, just 3-7. Loses to Arizona (average NCAA Team), Kentucky (Average NCAA Team), UMASS (NIT team close to making NCAA), Georgetown (possible final 4), split with Pitt (Decent team), Notre Dame (one and done NCAA), Marquette (one and done), Beat Syracuse (just missed NCAA). Nothing too impressive their. Also lost to Dayton and Villanova.
Texas A&M... Lost at LSU (average team), At UCLA (my board pick to win it all), Twice to Texas Tech (one and done NCAA team and surprising loses for A&M), at Texas (very talented team great game if you watched it), at Ok state in tournament (average team. One the win side won at Kansas (top four team in country), Beat Texas, and Beat scrappy Winthrop (who beat Notre Dame). I feel they have done better against their top competition.
One advantage Louisville has is that the game is being played in Lexington Kentucky. I will take my chances with a veteran team with good guards even on a non neutral court.

MY 10* Tournament Game of the Year
Texas A&M 72 Louisville 60

As Always Good Luck
Northern Star

Northern Star

EOG Enthusiast

Well the third time is the charm!!!!! :party

As Always Good Luck

Northern Star

Northern Star

EOG Enthusiast

Have been doing pretty good the last few weeks so lets add a few as the games go.

An anti big 10 play:

3* Xavier plus 7 1/2

As Always Good Luck

Northern Star

Northern Star

EOG Enthusiast

Let's continue with some more selections.

Maryland turned it up a notch the second half of the season while Butler seemed to fade. Teams going in opposite directions. Give me the Terps!!

4* Maryland -5

As Always Good Luck

Northern Star

Northern Star

EOG Enthusiast

To finish off the day:

At the half right now for A&M game, it been fun to watch. Go Aggies!!!

Won Xavier and maryland can't seem to get the lead.

5* anti big 10 play UCLA -6 1/2
4* Pitt - 7

As Always Good Luck

Northern Star

Personally i would buy to 6. but i like the play. GL!!