My (+200 unit) MLB Chase Challenge with Shrink

SSI

EOG Dedicated
Re: My (+200 unit) MLB Chase Challenge with Shrink

coach here are the records, if you were flat betting the same games.

The Chase: 26-24

Runline Chase: 10-10

Action Chase: 10-9

so you can see, that id be flirting with break-even by flat betting and not up (+46.00) as i currently am.

just wanted to show you the difference... but still play small because one loss can wipe out all the profits, until we clear (+70 units) give or take a few.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

runline play is going to be interesting for today, glad its only play (a).... looks like cc and the tribe are slightly ahead, right now.... i can wait as late as (4:30 pm cst) today but no longer, so i have to decide by then. i dont really want it to be cleveland, as blanton is pretty good and clev struggles for runs. id prefer it to be ariz, so if its really close, thats where im going..

back later.

munson15

I want winners...

I already played the Snakes on the runline as I show them to be the consensus largest fave on the board. Hope that helps you get off the fence, SSI!:cheers

SSI

EOG Dedicated

sure does Munson, here is my final card for wednesday may 14

The Chase: 26-0 (+26.00 units) (339-1 since 2005 season)

wednesdays plays

Chase 25
c) Braves Over 9.5 (-1.20) $148 to win $129

Chase 28
a) Nationals Under 9 (-1.10) $33 to win $30

Runline Chase: 10-0 (+10.00 units) (116-0 run since 2006 season)

wednesdays play

Runline Chase 11
a) AZ -1.5 (+1.20) $25 to win $30
ill live with this.

Action Chase: 10-0 (+10.00 units) (My opinion)(one at a time only)

Action Chase 11
a) Dbacks Over 10 (-1.10) $33 to win $30

Overall 2008 season: 46-0 (+46.00 units) (1 pending)

good luck on your wagers.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Chase 25 closes tonight. working on chase 28 now.

unreal run for this (340-1)..

SSI

EOG Dedicated

i cant stay up and wait on the dbacks.... update everything on thursday, looks like a lot of day games..

there will be no plays in (The Chase) on thursday (nothing qualifies), ill have a runline and action chase, irregardless of the ariz outcome..

The Chase: 28-0 (+28.00 units) (341-1 since 2005)(all chases closed)

later.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

here is the update heading into thursday May 15

The Chase: 28-0 (+28.00 units) (341-1 run going since 2005)

No Plays for thursday, all Chases complete with Wins.

Runline Chase: 10-0 (+10.00 units) (116-0 run going since 2006)

Play for thursday may 15

Runline Chase 11
b) Mets -1.5 (+1.20) $46 to win $55
i wont be playing brandon webb tonight, i chose to go with the Mets today and currently they are the biggest ML favorite. Unless the Mets get rained out.

Action Chase: 10-0 (+10.00 units) (My opinion only)(1 at a time only)

Action Chase 11
b) Arizona Over 8 (-1.10) $69 to win $63

Overall Record for Shrink: 48-0 (+48.00 units) (2 pending)

thats pretty much it for me today, still have the Hornets (+1.25) and the Penguins (-2.10) working for Series Bets...

starting tomorrow, ill be playing every ML dog in interleague play, from the price of (+1.20/+1.70) risking $50 per play.

good luck with your wagers.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

yes, everything stays right on track,,,,,,,,,,, with the exception, ill be play the dogs mentioned above for $50 as well............ Except i wont play the dog, that opposes our Runline Chase Play, should that situation occur.

anyone following along for a while, may remember me giving the horse Eight Belles out for the derby and my Exacta hit paid me $3540 in that one,,,, ive now got the horse that im going with in saturdays preakness to Box with Big Brown in the Exacta and also put a small amount on him to beat the Big Brown horse...

anyone want that info, let me know. Shrink you may want that name...

SSI

EOG Dedicated

ok but i want the Shrink to ask... if he will recall, i kept mentioning the philly Eight Belles to him and he never responded and went with a horse named Mondo or something like that. i have the 2nd place horse (outside shot at the win) waiting on him now.

you ready for it, Shrink?

SSI

EOG Dedicated

this should be deleted...

as for winners, your last 2 have been great... celtics (game 4 in clev) you made the biggest bet of your life on the celtics... how does it feel to lose the biggest bet of your life..

i believe your last bet that you gave me was, tigers team total over 4 (-1.20) about 2 days ago, oops: another loser..

as for winners.. how is.

48-0 (+48.00 units)...

i think he is pushing it...

SSI

EOG Dedicated

as it turns out, its obvious the phillies should have been the runline play today but this was a late day move.

i am going to play it, as it is the correct play in that chase today, ill go on to play (c)

its still almost 2 hrs before first pitch and here is my play.

Runline Chase 11
c) Phillies -1.5 (+1.15) $88 to win $101 (greek)

sorry for the confusion but it couldnt be helped, thats the flaw with the runline chase and different starting times for games...

couple of other things to add.

for friday, i know we will be playing the Over in (clev/cinn) as clev hit 5 unders today. and if the yanks stay under today, we will be on the Over in the (mets/yanks) tomorrow night as well.. mark these chase 29 and 30.

also looks like the redsox will be the runline play tomorrow night.

munson15

I want winners...

Sorry I missed the Phils on the runline, I thought the Mets were the only play. Question, what was the Philadelphia line this afternoon, I'm pretty sure I checked the whole board. Was there a pitching change that made the Phillies such a big favorite?

SSI

EOG Dedicated

no pitching change, at the time of the mets game first pitch, they were the biggest favorite but then the philly bettors stepped in and drove the phils much higher on the day... that is the drawback to this..

Runline Chase: 11-0 (+11.00 units) (22-0 on the season)(117-0 run going)

big day friday. back probably by lunch with the card.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

here is the update for friday, with the dbacks over still pending for thursday night.

The Chase: 28-0 (+28.00 units) (341-1 since the 2005 season)
cant hardly beat this, (28-0) this year and a (341-1 run going)

plays for friday May 16

Chase 29
a) Yanks Over 8 (-1.15) $34.50 to win $30 (Betjam)

Chase 30
a) Indians Over 9 (-1.20) $36 to win $30 (greek)

no additions for the chase on friday.

Runline Chase: 11-0 (+11.00 units) (22-0 this season)(117-0 run going)

Play for friday May 16

Runline Chase 12
a) Redsox -1.5 (+1.00) $30 to win $30 (greek)

I will list the Action Chase play sometime on friday, it will either be the continuation of Chase 11 .... play (c) or it will be Chase 12... play (a)

back with that one on friday...

tomorrow is the day, that ill be playing all the ML dogs in interleague play, with the price between (+1.20/+1.70)... im going to try and post those sometime tomorrow, in another thread here..

lot of stuff going on. back friday.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Action Chase: 11-0 (+11.00 units)

Overall MLB for Shrink: 50-0 (+50.00 units) (+150 more to go)

back later today with the play for the Action Chase.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Well, i roll into friday May 16 with nothing pending, so anyone thinking about jumping on board (now is the time again). This thread should be good for another (+150 units)(right Shrink), so if that interest you follow along.

SOUTHERN SPORTS INVESTMENTS: 50-0 (+50.00 units)

The Chase: 28-0 (+28.00 units)(341-1 run going since 2005)

Chase 29
a) Yanks Over 8 (-1.15) $34.50 to win $30

Chase 30
a) Indians Over 9 (-1.20) $36 to win $30

Runline Chase 12
a) Redsox -1.5 (+1.00) $30 to win $30

Action Chase: 11-0 (+11.00 units) (Opinionated Chase)

Action Chase 12
a) Redsox Over 9.5 (+1.00) $30 to win $30 (greek)
chasing the redsox to play one over in their next 6 games.

ill also be playing the ML dogs in interleague play, priced from (+1.20/+1.70) and will try and list them later today... If not, you know what im doing.

just trying to bring different ideas to the table and show its possible to turn a profit along the way.

good luck with your wagers.

no-one interested in the long shot tomorrow?

SSI

EOG Dedicated

if any riff-raff shows up in this thread today, pay no attention. i am just wondering how long its going to take for Mr. Knowitall (no nothing) to show up. I did something special just for him today.

Ego, if you read this, can you keep this thread clean today.

otherwise pay no attention.

marking time at (9:49 am cst)

ManningBaby!

EOG Enthusiast

OK, I'll bite...I'd like the horse please

Also, I've been trying to figure out what this Chase system of yours is. Can you explain it to me? I be appreciative if you would. Thanks!

BOBBYW

EOG Dedicated

HEY GREG.......THANX FOR THE PIX.....YOU BETTING THE PREAKNESS SAT?

munson15

I want winners...

if any riff-raff shows up in this thread today, pay no attention. i am just wondering how long its going to take for Mr. Knowitall (no nothing) to show up. I did something special just for him today.

Ego, if you read this, can you keep this thread clean today.

otherwise pay no attention.

marking time at (9:49 am cst)
I have a question. In your opinion, since I missed the Phillie runline winner, and am 2 deep into the chase, do I start over with you on the next runline chase or play (c)?

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Munson, i hate to say it but i dont have the answer, its your call but i can tell you what i would do..... I would stay on play (c)... doesnt mean thats right or wrong, simply what id do..

Hi Bobby, yes im playing a few tickets saturday. My dark horse is named Ichabod Crane.

Ill be playing him boxed in the exacta with big brown and also a small amount on him to win..

If i play a trifecta and i may, it will be (Big brown, Ichabod Crane and gayego)...

who knows but thats my opinion........... I feel we are basically trying to figure out the 2nd place horse and mine is (Ichabod Crane)...

SSI

EOG Dedicated

ManningBaby, ill go over it again tomorrow. little pressed for time today or im sure that Coach may can explain it to you... if not, ill catch you tomorrow or later tonight.

coachp

EOG Addicted

I will make an attempt to explain- but SSI will probably have to fill in the blanks. The original chase was based on over/unders. If a team went under (or over)the total 5 consective times You wager they will do the opposite the next game they play.

We would chase the initial wager: (a). if you lose that you double your wager plus juice and bet on the next game (called martingale system) (b). If that loses you double it again, (c). You continue this for 6 times - then quit. When you decide the initial wager- Be aware that you may go six deep and can lose. So $5 - 10 -20- 40 - 80 - 160 plus juice - total= 315. so for your $5.00 wager - you better be able handle the $315 loss.

The run line chase is taking the biggest favorite- today its Boston - currently at -200, take the runline and it is -120. Most of the time its actually a little cheaper. But you chase it the same way.

Action chase is just an opion.

But the records are:
The Chase: 28-0 (+28.00 units)(341-1 run going since 2005)
Action Chase: 11-0 (+11.00 units) (Opinionated Chase)

I hope that helps- good luck.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

ok, ill have to update everything for this thread on saturday morning, around 10:00 am cst... redsox and yankee games were both rained out.

for saturday, here is the one play that is set.

Runline Chase 12
a) Cubs -1.5 (-1.10) $33 to win $30 (big Z must go).

back tomorrow, with the other plays.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

here is the update, heading into saturday may 17

The Chase: 28-0 (+28.00 units) (341-1 since 2005 season)

saturdays plays

Chase 29
a) Yanks Over (no line posted right now)

Chase 30
b) Indians Over 8.5 (+1.05) $63 to win $66

Chase 31
a) Rays Over 8.5 (+1.00) $30 to win $30

Runline Chase: 11-0 (+11.00 units) (117-0 run going)

saturdays play

Runline Chase 12
a) Cubs -1.5 (-1.10) $33 to win $30 (Big Z must start)

Action Chase: 11-0 (+11.00 units) (personal opinion)

Action Chase 12
a) redsox Over 9.5 (-1.05) $31 to win $30 (game 1, dice k/suppan)

Overall: 50-0 (+50.00 units)

will post that yankee total, tomorrow.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

adding

Chase 29
a) Yankees Over 8.5 (+1.10) $27 to win $30 (santana/pettite)

dont forget the longshot to play with Big Brown on saturday (Ichabad Crane)

as a side note, in case i dont get back to this today.. Ill be playing the 2nd game of the DH between bos/mil today as well.... this is the wakefield/bush matchup..... ill be playing it in the Action Chase... it will be listed as either: Chase 12 (play b) or Chase 13 (play a) and bet accordingly..

I beleive that we rolled the page, entire card is one post back for saturday.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

ok, lets see if the fish (PTO SPORTS), bites today. i laid the bait again for him.

MIDGET

EOG Member

SSI thanks for all your hard work.

Question about the PREAKNESS today and the horse you like- my book has this matchup, what do you think? Good bet on CRANE?

<table border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="620"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#003366"><td valign="top" width="120">5/17/2008 5:00 PM</td><td valign="top" width="500">Icabad Crane vs Racecar Rhapsody</td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="620"><tbody><tr><td align="center" width="55">211</td><td width="300">Icabad Crane </td><td width="65"> +100</td><td width="200"> </td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="620"><tbody><tr><td align="center" width="55">212</td><td width="300">Racecar Rhapsody </td><td width="65"> -125</td><td width="200"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

SSI

EOG Dedicated

yes, my opinion is that is a good bet.... i know little about horses but i have a GUY that knows alot... he gave me Eight Belles in the derby... this week, we are going with..

Big Brown
Ichabod Crane
Gayego

for the trifecta

Big Brown
Ichabad Crane

for the exacta

Ichabad Crane to (win, place or show)...

those bets are boxed, btw.

good luck...

munson15

I want winners...

adding

Chase 29
a) Yankees Over 8.5 (+1.10) $27 to win $30 (santana/pettite)

dont forget the longshot to play with Big Brown on saturday (Ichabad Crane)

as a side note, in case i dont get back to this today.. Ill be playing the 2nd game of the DH between bos/mil today as well.... this is the wakefield/bush matchup..... ill be playing it in the Action Chase... it will be listed as either: Chase 12 (play b) or Chase 13 (play a) and bet accordingly..

I beleive that we rolled the page, entire card is one post back for saturday.
If I box Ichabod, Brown and Gayego should that pay about 6-1?

Hercules

EOG Addicted

With alot of the players picks down so far on eog, SSI you have everyones back and your system plays are rock solid !!!! Thanks for all the $$$ you have made me and us !!!

SSI

EOG Dedicated

sounds right but i have a man that handles the horse racing for me... i do very little with it... i have a friend in birmingham that is a professional.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Hercules,,,, no probelm... hopefully there is a lot more to go... we should just be getting started and then roll right on into the (NHL and NBA) again.. just keep stacking them up...

munson15

I want winners...

sounds right but i have a man that handles the horse racing for me... i do very little with it... i have a friend in birmingham that is a professional.
Thanks, I am contemplating this one. Not looking good for me on the Cubs for play (c) of the runline. Do you advocate going with Boston in game 1 this afternoon, or waiting until tomorrow. I seem to remember you saying something about Boston today. Thanks for your help and quick responses.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Munson, i try and keep it as mechanical as possible,,, so i wouldnt play boston, unless they were a bigger favorite, than the cubs were.

personally, the cubs will be my only play in the runline chase today, as im only on play (a)... i did think about your dilema... maybe we get a couple of runs from the cubs..

looks like Chase 29 and 31, close today... mark the record at (30-0) now with the indians Over pending... 343-1 for the run.

as for the horses, my plays are listed above but they are small bets... im holding about (25) $2 tickets on each of them...