My Monday blog

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Eye On Gaming is dedicated to the hearts and minds of sports bettors everywhere.

I'm optimistic about the positive direction and upward trajectory of our online community with one exception.

It seems a small group of EOG contributors focuses on mean-spirited, personal attacks which hurt the overall spirit of our community and stunt the growth of our project.

I will not name names, but this is a serious problem involving approximately 8-10 members of our diverse group.

I hate rules and nobody wants censorship.

However, if our problems persist, we will be forced to take action against the troublemakers.

EOG members who continue to badger others and offer little or no content central to our website theme will be asked to leave our community.

While EOG's head moderator KingRevolver constantly reviews contributions from our community members, we rarely delete and never edit any offerings.

Please refrain from posting anything abusive, threatening, defamatory, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable to third parties.

A gentleman gamber is not only fair and honest but also cool and calm, treating people -- especially fellow gamblers -- with honor and respect.

A DUNKFEST.....There were 40 dunks in yesterday's NBA All-Star Game won by the West over the East, 152-149.

Bettors had the right idea with the total on the game, but the market overbet the favored East squad, driving the opening quote from 2.5 points to a closing price of 4.5 points.

The over-under at Pinnacle opened 279.5 and closed four points higher at 283.5.

Credit TNT analyst Reggie Miller for the best prediction involving the showcase game.

Moments before tip-off, Miller declared, "I'm predicting Kevin Durant will win the NBA All-Star MVP. He has a game tailor-made for an All-Star contest."

Durant matched LeBron James with a game-high 36 points in a game featuring the top two stars (Durant and Russell Westbrook, James and Dwayne Wade) of the two teams (Oklahoma City and Miami) tied for the best record (27-7) at the All-Star break.
<VAR style="RIGHT: auto" id=yiv643873650yui-ie-cursor></VAR>

MONDAY'S BEST BET.....Play 501 NOTRE DAME +6.5 over Georgetown.

The underdog looks good here in what should be a low-scoring contest.

Credit Notre Dame and head coach Mike Brey for overcoming the devastating season-ending knee injury to its best player, Tim Abromaitis, in mid-November.

The Fighting Irish can clinch a double-bye to the quarterfinals of the Big East tournament with a victory tonight at Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.

Notre Dame saw its nine-game winning streak snapped at Madison Square Garden last Saturday in a 61-58 loss to St. John's.

The Fighting Irish made only four of 31 shots from beyond the arc after entering the game hitting 34.3% of its three-point attempts.

Prior to tonight's game, Georgetown will honor seniors Jason Clark and Henry Sims, but the Hoyas feature 10 freshman and sophomores on their roster.

COMING TUESDAY......EOG will introduce a March Madness contest with a unique format and an attractive prize structure.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: My Monday blog

Know what you mean JK, but if some posters want to act like idiots, they should be treated as such....

And some are just plain thin-skinned....

I appreciate on what you are trying to accomplish, so I will try to be more civil to douchebags who will go unnamed...they know who they are....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Know what you mean JK, but if some posters want to act like idiots, they should be treated as such....

And some are just plain thin-skinned....

I appreciate on what you are trying to accomplish, so I will try to be more civil to douchebags who will go unnamed...they know who they are....

Thanks for not "railing" on your favorite target.

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks and GL, JK. The NBA is so predictable sometimes, I believe you can pencil in those two 27-7 teams with the requisite star power for the NBA Finals nearly 4 months hence.

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

A gentleman gamber is not only fair and honest but also cool and calm, treating people -- especially fellow gamblers -- with honor and respect.

:cheers

MattFlynn

EOG Member

Talk about closing the barn door after the horse ran away. Now you decide to post about conduct? EOG has lost many posters who have been run off by your band of preferred posters in the last few months. Now the site is a fraction of what it was and a shell of what it could be. Like them or not, Fishhead, Irish Tim, Tim Patterson, Palmtree, Timely Hero, JeffKSU and others contributed more than your band of idiots combined. Tim P. is up over 40 units in basketball this season. I don't remember a single play posted here. Why would he? He proved his worth time and again, and was great on the radio last year. So of course he was insulted. Palmtree posted a play here last week at -140 that is now trading at -310. But the focus was that Tim was in the thread a few minutes later. Very important! He also posted 11 baseball plays on his blog that all 11 have lines moved in his favor, some huge. None of the original plays posted here. Fish was always a great source of information. I have no idea what's up with him, I've lost touch. My loss. But instead of taking care of those guys you side with the idiots, including inviting them into contests to give them money.

The good guys weren't hurt. A couple of them are my friends and I know for a fact they talk to each other every day. But this site has taken a big hit as most of the top posters have left and what's left is a step below. No one in Vegas talks to John anymore after all the personal attacks he let stand and even encouraged. This place could have been great. Except for its management. A more incompetent group would be hard to find. I didn't want to post this, but it's extremely galling to me to see how far the site has declined because TPTB was too afraid to stop the personal attacks, then read a couple of generic sentences giving lip service to the problem.

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated

From my perspective, the classic was when Shrink questioned Alan Boston on air about not paying a debt. Then you ask Boston to guest the radio show again. LOL
For this example I think JK was ambushed, but imagine Shrink questioning someone about being honorable.
At this time of the year who wouldn't want to listen to AB. Even his haters listen.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Matt, sounds like your Vegas buddies are just pussies if they can't handle some derision on an anonymous forum.

If you don't like somebody...guess what, there's an Ignore function. It works fantastically.

I'm all for making the board a welcoming place, but sometimes a pussy needs to be called a pussy and a moron a moron. A rose by any other name, as the saying goes...

I don't know who specifically John is referring to. I'm sure Joey deserves some attention for his act, and that's exactly what he wants. It's called trolling and some people are still dumb enough to bite. The truth is Joey's act is often quote juvenile, but it entertains him so I don't care.

If I grow tired of it...ignore list. It's that simple.

This forum still provides great info, and it's got lots of sharp guys.

Could it be better?

Yeah, sure.

But it's a freaking internet forum populated by degenerates...let's not pretend that at the end of the day it should be something more than that.

It's a public Internet gambling website. You can come and go as you want.

Any site runs into a problem when a favorite poster leaves because he doesn't feel he is getting the anonymous respect he feels he deserves. He is just too sharp for words, and by God, you should humor him!! LOL.

Of course, like Matt's post, once a poster leaves, he goes on some sort of tremendous win record that we supposedly missed out on because he stopped posting.

Dang. On my non-post picks, I'm 100-2. If only some website had recognized my genius, I would not have left you.

Get real.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Matt Flynn wrote, "Most of the top posters have left and what's left is a step below."

Really?

Contestants in the $10,000 EOG Invitational were 120-85-5 against the spread from 210 football selections with a Best Bet record of 20-9-1 after 15 weeks of competition.

Team EOG currently stands at 23-12 ATS from 35 basketball selections after seven weeks of competition in The SportsOptions Showdown.

Small sample, I know, but impressive nonethless.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Sure would be nice if my dumbass phone put in the paragraph breaks like it was supposed to when submitting the post above.

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

Whelp,
A very interesting thread this morning.

JK, good luck on your baskets wagers this month.
I have found February almost impossible to beat in college baskets at times, FWIW.

Well, that's proof.

Tim, whether he posts, reads the board.

You don't become larger than life by not posting.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Talk about closing the barn door after the horse ran away. Now you decide to post about conduct? EOG has lost many posters who have been run off by your band of preferred posters in the last few months. Now the site is a fraction of what it was and a shell of what it could be. Like them or not, Fishhead, Irish Tim, Tim Patterson, Palmtree, Timely Hero, JeffKSU and others contributed more than your band of idiots combined. Tim P. is up over 40 units in basketball this season. I don't remember a single play posted here. Why would he? He proved his worth time and again, and was great on the radio last year. So of course he was insulted. Palmtree posted a play here last week at -140 that is now trading at -310. But the focus was that Tim was in the thread a few minutes later. Very important! He also posted 11 baseball plays on his blog that all 11 have lines moved in his favor, some huge. None of the original plays posted here. Fish was always a great source of information. I have no idea what's up with him, I've lost touch. My loss. But instead of taking care of those guys you side with the idiots, including inviting them into contests to give them money.

The good guys weren't hurt. A couple of them are my friends and I know for a fact they talk to each other every day. But this site has taken a big hit as most of the top posters have left and what's left is a step below. No one in Vegas talks to John anymore after all the personal attacks he let stand and even encouraged. This place could have been great. Except for its management. A more incompetent group would be hard to find. I didn't want to post this, but it's extremely galling to me to see how far the site has declined because TPTB was too afraid to stop the personal attacks, then read a couple of generic sentences giving lip service to the problem.

The forum reads more like a college textbook than a comic book now.

Credit to JK.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

The forum reads more like a college textbook than a comic book now.

Credit to JK.

Appreciate the compliment, O'Royken, because I know you're a tough critic.

Matt Flynn's points should not be dismissed.

I hate to lose the contributions of smart, sophisticated gamblers like PalmTree, Tim Patterson, Fishhead, etc.

My sole goal here at EOG is to promote the intellectual pursuit of sports handicapping and help to improve the image of the sports bettor.

Ace

EOG Veteran

sometimes you have to let people hang themselves

J

joeybagadonuts

Tim P,

Who 'ran you off'?

I know JK said something about you and I not seeing eye to eye when I was on the radio show this weekend but I don't recall ever having a problem with you. In fact, I quite enjoy your posts.

J

joeybagadonuts

Not to mention our unmatched horse cappers, John.

Just a bitter individual.

It happens.

Exactly. Never in my whole life have I seen horse players that give out winners at the clip Luca, Discreet, 2w2p2s, and a few others do.

They technically 'ran off' Flamingo and Willy Lee both who 'contributed' to the forum.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Relax, PalmTree. You always take things way too personal.

Exactly. Never in my whole life have I seen horse players that give out winners at the clip Luca, Discreet, 2w2p2s, and a few others do.

They technically 'ran off' Flamingo and Willy Lee both who 'contributed' to the forum.

I'll take on these goofballs. I'm unbusy now. If they win, I will praise them to the hilt. We aren't really interested in their losing.

dogball

EOG Master

Good post JK. Fishhead was not run off here, he stopped posting period. One day he will return but eog wack pack couldnt run off a guy like Fish who can take care of himself just fine

I like to see minimal censorship when it comes to hurtful and ridiciolus posters who have no value at all. Ban em and forget about them to reduce headaches

tripp

EOG Master

If that was Palmtree the guy is seriously nuts. Ghosts to complain and in that complaint names himself as the star that got run off the forum.:shoot:

Guys take the personal attacks a bit far at times, but I think that's just because they are use to guys having thicker skin on the forums. Too many times people can't take some criticism and just want a circle jerk thread telling everyone how wonderful they all are

munson15

I want winners...

I do too, Ray, and I suspect he has better things to do than post in the third person, or whatever is supposed to have happened.:+clueless

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I like Palm Tree.

I like Palm Tree too.

MLB expert and all-around good guy.

I know he was disapppointed with the developments here at EOG.

Too bad PalmTree wasn't welcomed by the community because he's as good with MLB (last season's results notwithstanding) as Dink is with the NHL.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I like Palm Tree too.

Too bad PalmTree wasn't welcomed by the community because he's as good with MLB (last season's results notwithstanding) as Dink is with the NHL.

I agree. Maybe he'll come back. It gets frustrating when you bet real money and lose, then come back here and people giving you the business, I almost stopped posting once too so I get it....He should use it as fuel and come back and show em all.

Everyone has a bad season, then you lose confidence, then the wrong decisions are made. Big snowball effect. I hope he posts again. Good reads always

J

joeybagadonuts

I like Palm Tree too.

Tomorrows Newspaper is the best MLB guy on these forums, I suggest seeing what you can do to get him to post his plays here.

He'd run circles around PalmTree.