My Monday blog

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
The big bosses will NOT be happy.

Expect a quick resolution.

And I'll be sure to assign you a spot later this year in EOG's Grand Challenge.

You pick the month and it's a done deal.
Have not heard anything as of yet JK. Appreciate the re-invite. How does May work?

railbird

EOG Master
I could never make it as a truck driver, I have to pull over every 90 minutes to stretch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Checked with the USGS: (US Geological Survey)

Florida highest point is Britton Hill @ 345' in the Florida Panhandle at 50th place. Lowest 0' (seal level). (I thought I remember seeing on a Florida highway map the highest elevation being 80', my mistake.)

Delaware highest point 448' @ 49th place. Lowest 0' (sea level).

So, more accurately, Florida has the least elevation span of the 50 states at 345 feet. Lowest 0' (seal level).

Excerpts From Wikipedia on Florida Geography:

"Much of Florida has an elevation of less than 12 feet (3.7 m), including many populated areas such as Miami which are located on the coast. Miami and other parts of south Florida are the most vulnerable regions in the world to rising sea levels associated with climate change. "

Of the 48 contiguous states, California has both the highest and lowest elevations, Mount Whitney 14,505' above sea level and Death Valley -279' below sea level -- only 85 miles apart as the crow flies.

Louisiana only other state with land below sea level: New Orleans at -8'. Obviously extremely vulnerable.

For contrast, Nebraska highest point: Panorama Point @ 5427, lowest point: Missouri River at Kansas Border @840'.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
EXERCISE: Thirty minutes of barbell work in the morning and 30 minutes at night.

I hate lifting in the gym.

Where do you work out then? Why do you hate lifting in the gym? Do you do the same or different body parts in the morning vs the night?

OR, more concise question, where do you work out in Costa Rica?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I have a pair of 20-pound dumbbells where I'm staying and I only do curls and presses.

Nothing sophisticated.

I find 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening are perfect for me.

Need to work on my cardio.

I run out of gas too quickly on the hoop court.

Still need to drop 10-15 pounds.