My Monday blog

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I have a plan.

Follow the blueprint laid out by Attorney General William Barr to gain President Trump's attention in hopes of parlaying this sports-related blog into a newly-created Cabinet position in early 2021.

Sounds far-fetched, I know, but hear me out.

Last June, Barr sent an unsolicited 20-page memo to the President.

Less than 12 months later, Barr is Trump's most effective champion and advocate.

Barr's memo focused on presidential powers; this memo will focus on 10 easy-to-implement ideas (Trump likes easy) that will make the sporting arena a better place while simultaneously promoting Trump's brand and agenda.

With any Top Ten rundown these days, it seems mandatory to present the list in reverse order, leading with simple ideas and saving the best for last.

Here we go:

#10 - Stop inviting members of championship sports teams to the White House.

It becomes a source of embarrassment for the President when high-profile athletes reject the prestigious invitation.

Instead, invite a select number of fans from the championship cities.

Select a diverse group of 15 devoted Golden State fans or 25 diehard supporters of Red Sox Nation or 53 fans of the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots, matching the number of supporters to the roster spots available in each sport.

Eliminate entitled professional athletes and coaches in favor of the forgotten men and women of the sports marketplace.

#9 - Document Donald Trump's election success in terms of a boxer's won-loss record.

Trump unexpectedly defeated 18 others to gain the Republican presidential nomination in 2016.

That's 18-0 with 18 knockouts.

He then defeated Hillary Clinton in the general election to gain the presidency.

Let's also credit Trump for beating the likes of Bernie Sanders, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein and a few others to improve his mark to 25-0, halfway home to matching the longest unbeaten streak (50-0) in boxing held by Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

You can see where this is headed.

With 23 candidates currently vying for the Democratic nomination in 2020 and a few longshot stragglers seeking the Republican nod, Trump could surpass Floyd's impressive mark.

Trump could claim victory via Twitter after each Democratic nominee drops from the race.

His record would be widely-reported and serve as a source of humor for his loyal base.

A Trump tweet could look something like this:

Bye Bye Beto. Only six nominees left on the Democratic side including Sleepy Joe and Crazy Bernie. I'm now 44-0 with 44 knockouts and closing in fast on Floyd's perfect record.

#8 - Time for Trump to lose his gut.

Joe Biden, age 77, is in excellent shape compared to the clinically-obese Trump.

Biden once said of Trump, "If we were in high school, I'd take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him."

Trump needs a response to Biden's tough-guy posturing.

And here it is: "If Creepy Joe puts his hands on me, like he's done with so many others, I'd see him in court with my lawyers after they scraped him off the floor."

(Full disclosure: I'd bet the house AND the farm on Biden to drop Trump)

#7 - Declare a tax-free day for gamblers on the first Friday of every month.

If big business is awarded large tax cuts by Trump to jump-start the economy, let's reward gamblers with a tax break once a month.

After all, who has more entrepreneurial spirit than gamblers who survive without a paycheck?

One day a month, the government will not take a dollar in tax revenue from gamblers playing the lottery, playing the races, or investing in sporting events.

Look for a large increase in gambling revenue on the first Friday of every month and a residual bump on the Saturday and Sunday following freebie Friday.

#6 - Plan a weeklong campaign trip along the 2,448 miles of Route 66.

It's a trip back in time to honor the happy days of the 1950's and '60's.

Start the trip in Chicago and finish the trip in Santa Monica with stops in five states -- Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Arizona -- that supported Trump in 2016.

Much of Trump's upset victory in 2016 was attributed to success in Big Ten country.

On this trip, Trump could solidify his position among the Big 12 faithful.

#5 -You've heard of a reverse teaser, let's introduce a reverse caravan.

Americans wanting to help the poor citizens of Central America, particularly the citizens of corruption-ridden countries of the Northern Triangle -- El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras -- can march their way through Mexico to provide humanitarian aid where needed.

Trump could fund buses and other forms of transportation for doctors, lawyers and social workers who want to volunteer their time and money for the good of struggling countries.

In short, let's play a road game, not a home game, when it comes to helping our impoverished and embattled neighbors to the south.

#4 - A twist on Trump's MAGA slogan is Make Army Great Again.

Army football, that is.

Instead of spending millions of dollars buying advertising spots on ABC, CBS and ESPN during the college football season to promote the United States armed services, invest millions of dollars in the Army football program to promote all the armed services.

To recruit elite high school football players, the Commander-in-Chief would issue an executive order to waive mandatory service requirements for blue-chip football players.

Small concession for a big payout.

Return Army football to the glory days of the 1940's when Doc Blanchard, Glenn Davis and Pete Dawkins were winning Heisman Trophy awards and national championships.

Imagine Chris Fowler introducing to a worldwide television audience a College Football Playoff semifinal-round game between top-seeded Alabama and fourth-seeded Army.

And if the Army football idea works, let's hire David Robinson to oversee Navy basketball and gain a vast amount of publicity for Midshipmen hoops.

And so we don't exclude women from the playing field, recruit sexy Hope Solo (who else?) to build a women's soccer program at the Air Force Academy.

Okay, that's enough complimentary advice.

If Donald Trump wants to hear my Top Three ideas, he must first consider yours truly for a Cabinet position in 2021.

The official name for my desired post: Secretary of Sports and Speculation.

I promise to provide my best effort and I'll start today by preparing for Senate confirmation hearings which will be difficult to pass and potentially embarrassing to endure.

But the honest testimony will be worth it, especially if the biggest perk of my new position becomes reality.

I'm dreaming now of late-night meetings in the White House with my two favorite Trumps: Melania and Ivanka.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
Number 6 wont work, he is a jet guy, not a bus guy. His focus is on the swing states of the big 10 confrence, not the pre determined states off of Route 66

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Number 6 wont work, he is a jet guy, not a bus guy. His focus is on the swing states of the big 10 confrence, not the pre determined states off of Route 66

Good point.

I was going to suggest a luxury bus but you're probably right about the billionaire's travel preferences.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Biden is not fit, he's frail, if he wasn't running for president he'd be a year or two from a nursing home.

Trump needs to show off his body, let pictures leak of him in a speedo(or even thong) at the white house pool.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Hillary probably won Florida. Russia hacked into all 64 or 67 of the county's voting systems.

Pinocchio is an illegitimate president. If he makes it to 2020 he'll get is ass kicked.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hillary probably won Florida. Russia hacked into all 64 or 67 of the county's voting systems.

Pinocchio is an illegitimate president. If he makes it to 2020 he'll get is ass kicked.

From hanging chads to system hacks, Florida is a mess.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Biden is not fit, he's frail, if he wasn't running for president he'd be a year or two from a nursing home.

Trump needs to show off his body, let pictures leak of him in a speedo(or even thong) at the white house pool.

Biden should name Kamala Harris as his Vice President and then promise to be a one-term President and hand off to Harris in 2024.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Link to the 64 counties. All I see is 2 counties from your libtard sources, so which is it?

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Link to the 64 counties. All I see is 2 counties from your libtard sources, so which is it?
All 64! Is the FBI your so called libtard sources? Is Jim Comey a libtard? Why did the libtard FBI make the illegitimate Florida Governor sign a NDA? You think the libtard FBI are screwing the American people. I do! Im not happy with all the cover ups all the lack of transparency.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
From hanging chads to system hacks, Florida is a mess.

Florida stole 2 elections over the last 15 years. Which led to the 2 worst Presidents of all time. Both RepubliCON presidents. They do a lot of damage to our country!

JK, what's happening this July in Milwaukee?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

........and Der Fuhrer is? I'd bet all I own Dolt 45 couldn't WALK a mile let alone run one.

BTW - it is posts like this that make me happy I put Railbrd on "Ignore" because I can only imagine his reply/ies to this post

common guy

EOG Senior Member
Biden should name Kamala Harris as his Vice President and then promise to be a one-term President and hand off to Harris in 2024.
California is already in the blue bag so dont waste VP on female lawyer. If he needs a great female you can't beat Tulsi Gabbard. She is too much anti war for the military industrial complex loving big ten states though. So he can go unconventional and take Nick Saban or Urbanrenewal Meyer for VP

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
All 64! Is the FBI your so called libtard sources? Is Jim Comey a libtard? Why did the libtard FBI make the illegitimate Florida Governor sign a NDA? You think the libtard FBI are screwing the American people. I do! Im not happy with all the cover ups all the lack of transparency.

Since Florida Russian Hacking mentions two counties only on Google but you say its all 64. Here's an idea - you post the link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flo....69i57j0l5.27214j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
All Florida counties have access to all the Florida counties voting info. You hack into one county you have access to all counties. Do some more homework. You're obviously failing.
So CNN, NPR, NYT, WAPO etc all agree that 2 counties were allegedly tampered with but you know it’s all of them.

railbird

EOG Master
California is already in the blue bag so dont waste VP on female lawyer. If he needs a great female you can't beat Tulsi Gabbard. She is too much anti war for the military industrial complex loving big ten states though. So he can go unconventional and take Nick Saban or Urbanrenewal Meyer for VP
Tulsi would get the libretarians, syrians in Michigan, and anti war people, biden is a neo lib tho, wouldnt but should pick her

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Libtard FBI protecting Benedict Donald? Why else would they ask FL RepubliCON Governor to sign a NDA? The cover ups continue to protect the treasonous actions of the illegitimate white house. There's a traitor in the White House!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Which counties were they? I thought all counties in Florida were linked to each other?

Which counties were hacked?
That is what they are trying to find out, that was why I posted the google link - to prove you wrong. We’ll just go with your tinfoil theory that they all were hacked. That seems to be your narrative. Once you find the Smollett attackers, you can look for the alleged two counties who were hacked.

railbird

EOG Master
Latin america doesn't thrive because they are spiritual forniacaters with catholism in central america and witchcraft in carribean.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Latin america doesn't thrive because they are spiritual forniacaters with catholism in central america and witchcraft in carribean.

They are whipping up a spell on you as we speak....a voodoo doll with a broomstick up its ass....be careful if you decide to go out today with another one of your creepy videos....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Catholicism in Central America and witchcraft in the Caribbean.

I wish I wrote that line.

You never have to worry about Costa Rica taking over the world.

The people here live only for today with no forward thinking whatsoever.

railbird

EOG Master
that would be a clever move by Joe, but i dont think he is clever, warren would help him too. count rice as a military school because of triple option familarity on unders