My Monday blog

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Eli was 3-2 lifetime against Tom Brady.

Peyton was 6-11.

I'm no Peyton Manning fan either. A more relevant record is the Colts vs the Patriots when these guys played QB in the Playoffs (Your being paid, fell free to look it up.)

Also, these guys aren't baseball pitchers, rather football QBs. Last time a checked there are no listed QBs on football sides.

And, again, it's a team game.

Don't let your dislike of Peyton Manning prejudice your posts.

Prejudice against Ed Orgeron -- Powers admitted on air that he didn't like Orgeron's Cajun accent -- contributed to Power's poor college football picks.

railbird

EOG Master
Thornwood High School in South Holland, Illinois.

Our best basketball product was Eddy Curry.

He went straight to the NBA after high school and he was drafted fourth overall by the Chicago Bulls in the 2001 NBA Draft.

Curry was an enigmatic 7-footer who promised a lot more than he delivered.

When Chicago head coach Scott Skiles was asked in 2003 what Curry could do to improve his rebounding numbers, Skiles responded, "Jump!"
Mark Mulder

Valuist

EOG Master

He went straight to the NBA after high school and he was drafted fourth overall by the Chicago Bulls in the 2001 NBA Draft.

When Chicago head coach Scott Skiles was asked in 2003 what Curry could do to improve his rebounding numbers, Skiles responded, "Jump!"

I covered HS bball for a suburban paper back in the 90s. I was at a Thanksgiving tournament and was finishing up my story when Thornton took the court for their layup line. My jaw dropped. I thought I was watching the Globetrotters. I had never seen so much athleticism on one HS team. I asked the guy from the Sun Times. He was like "that's Thornton. Probably the most talented team in the state." Yet they lost to lily white Schaumburg.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Mark Mulder

Mark Mulder, a crafty lefty from South Holland, Illinois, played for the Oakland A's and St. Louis Cardinals.

Thornwood High School produced another left-handed starting pitcher for Major League Baseball about a half-generation before Mulder.

His name was Steve Trout.

He broke into the big leagues with the Chicago White Sox in the late-1970's.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I covered HS bball for a suburban paper back in the 90s. I was at a Thanksgiving tournament and was finishing up my story when Thornton took the court for their layup line. My jaw dropped. I thought I was watching the Globetrotters. I had never seen so much athleticism on one HS team. I asked the guy from the Sun Times. He was like "that's Thornton. Probably the most talented team in the state." Yet they lost to lily white Schaumburg.

Thornton High School had some great two-sport athletes in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Antwaan Randle-El, Tai Streets, Barry Gardner and Napoleon Harris quickly come to mind.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

How they lost to Schaumberg in the finals (or semis) with Curry has to be one of the biggest upsets in Illinois HS history. I don't think Schaumberg had a player over 6'4".

Valuist

EOG Master
How they lost to Schaumberg in the finals (or semis) with Curry has to be one of the biggest upsets in Illinois HS history. I don't think Schaumberg had a player over 6'4".

Schaumburg also upset the Thornton team with 4 future pros a few years earlier. They had a very good coach.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated

Speaking of Eddy Curry...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eddy-curry-girlfriend-daughter-wife-nba-murder-000337750.html

Heartbreaking.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, EJD.

Some people mishandle $70, others mishandle $70 million.

Here's hoping there are fewer Eddy Curry horror stories moving forward.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Now this guy obviously gets " caught" slurping a Bud Light. I am sick and tired of this egotistical puke. Go away slurpy.