MY Monday Blog

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I finally decided to start a Blog. I will be putting out a new entry every Monday. It will cover a wide array of topics. EXCEPT Politics. For obvious reasons. People can leave comments and all will sty and even replied to as long as they are not dealing with Politics. If you want to do that here - I'd rather you not - but if you insist go ahead. Just know I will not comment or acknowledge anything you say.

Week 1: https://erikschuman.blogspot.com/2020/04/silence-is-deafening.html

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, Wink.

You wrote "We all enjoy noise."

At sporting events, I enjoy the natural roar of the crowd.

My complaint about noise at sporting events is unnatural noise or manufactured sound.

Nothing worse than a public address announcer or promotions hack or scoreboard operator or organist imploring fans to react needlessly or senselessly.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Remember when the New Jersey Nets played at the Brendan Byrne Arena turned Continental Airlines Arena turned Izod Center drew as little as 10,000 fans? The PAA pumped "artificial crowd noise" into the arena in order to lift spirits and to avoid embarrassement due to lack of support in the stands.

railbird

EOG Master
Thanks for sharing, Wink.

You wrote "We all enjoy noise."

At sporting events, I enjoy the natural roar of the crowd.

My complaint about noise at sporting events is unnatural noise or manufactured sound.

Nothing worse than a public address announcer or promotions hack or scoreboard operator or organist imploring fans to react needlessly or senselessly.
i hate noise, thats why i enjoy big west crowds under 500. i left game 7 of2002 world series in 6th inning because of annoying thunder sticks

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Remember when the New Jersey Nets played at the Brendan Byrne Arena turned Continental Airlines Arena turned Izod Center drew as little as 10,000 fans? The PAA pumped "artificial crowd noise" into the arena in order to lift spirits and to avoid embarrassement due to lack of support in the stands.

Natural noise can be a huge factor at some NFL stadiums.

See Seattle and Kansas City.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Of course, the bugler at the racetrack playing the "Call to Post" song is music to my ears.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Embarrassing.

The cover-up is worse than the crime.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Researching the NBA game at Madison Square Garden (?) where there was no extraneous noise.

Remember the game?

I faintly recall the players saying they had a hard time getting into the flow or rhythm of the game.

I think Carmelo Anthony complained.

Game went UNDER the total.