my opinion of EOG forum and its future...

J

joeybagadonuts

Re: my opinion of EOG forum and its future...

No pun intended......I take it ! Did Bovi provide any particular poster to you....and I really dont think it needs to be put here in print, just curious if you are aware of who drove him off.

joeybagadonuts

I offered to contact him and apologize but JK ignored the request.

The comment was more to Fezz that I made but Bovi took offense to it as well for some reason. The whole thing got blown out of proportion

eberetta1

EOG Addicted

37,000 posts and complaining??? I do not think you are leaving. It would be nice if EOG offered tourneys seven days a week like SBR, but until they do, I appreciate the once a week poker game. I am more of a poker fiend than sports aficiando.

And I do not worry about others ghosting and nonsense. If a person has to cheat to win, things catch up to them, karma. So they win nothing in the long run. The forum owner can let things go as they choose and crack down on things that they consider unacceptable. Chill gyno unless you are a mod or forum owner, then you have real worries.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Bovi is a legit capper/gambler.

His departure from EOG is our loss.

Let's not allow the fun and games to hurt our chances of making money.

FTLoG how do you say this? Here's the thread. He jumps in at post #72 playing the poor tout victim:

http://forums.eog.com/showthread.php?t=323044&page=3

He was an embarassment going forward from there, and I don't think it's any coincidence that the posters that saw through the cons were guys I respect highly on these forums.
He could post here exclusively for free if he wanted, and give out his picks with time stamps to be verified. I don't think anybody including myself would have a problem with him if that was the case. Playing the victim and mis-representing himself SHOULD be called out on these forums.......post 196 should be an EOG classic, and a good example of what took place throughout the entire thread.

Teddy kgb

Banned

FTLoG how do you say this? Here's the thread. He jumps in at post #72 playing the poor tout victim:

He was an embarassment going forward from there, and I don't think it's any coincidence that the posters that saw through the cons were guys I respect highly on these forums.
He could post here exclusively for free if he wanted, and give out his picks with time stamps to be verified. I don't think anybody including myself would have a problem with him if that was the case. Playing the victim and mis-representing himself SHOULD be called out on these forums.......post 196 should be an EOG classic, and a good example of what took place throughout the entire thread.

"my plays were looking good in the 4th qt" WOW!!!! Nice find WPS

People have been complaining about the downfall of EOG in the last 3 weeks. I'm sure it's just coincidence but WVU was an OGD poster prior to the 10k contest. Now WVU posts solely at EOG.

Kinger's OK. He has to learn that when he makes unproved attacks on other posters for views that he's going to get it back.

Teddy kgb

Banned

We all gamble but we are also different people, BernardoinCR and Munson love to go into Dinks NHL thread and like Kiss 1 used to say "Gurgle Gurgle Slurp Slurp" and that's fine for those two, me on the other hand I like that I can just say thanks to Raiders for his MLB plays and ATX for his nNBA plays and then tell them both too fvck off in other thread if I disagree with them and not have to worry they are going to "ban me or the forum from their plays if I don't stop" like a poster did here a couple weeks ago.

I like picks from strong capperes and I like to talk shit and YES I want my cake and eat it to.....Peeps doesn't have enough going on to keep me ocupied so I hang here and do enjoy it but would love to have more guys like Raiders and ATX to follow.

Not a knock on Dink btw because the guy seems to hit 90% of his plays and has shown no signs of being a pre-ma donna......Bovi on the other hand, Good Grief.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Bovi had potential. He is a true gambler and many could learn from him. It is a shame to see him run off. I took some playful jabs at him, but he understood it was exactly that. Some guys take it too far just to get a high five from the kids club

I've held my tongue on this, but are you joking? Dude, you lied and created a black guy was banging Journey's daughter and posting about it on facebook. You then made up a picture and the entire story... That's pretty personal, no? I don't have a problem with it, but get off your fucking high horse man. You were one of the worst offenders/are one of the worst. You posted McIrish's stuff over and over again for months. I'm not saying none of this was called for - I'm simply saying you do it, but it's OK because of certain guys.

J

joeybagadonuts

Thanks for posting this. I feel much less bad chasing him off. Guess I was right about him afterall.

Thanks for posting this. I feel much less bad chasing him off. Guess I was right about him afterall.
Read the whole thread. Your comment was harsh but far from the reason that he left. CompBob and Czech asked some honest relevant questions. On the other hand there were some clowns, Fishhead, making irrelevant look at me posts. Between the two lines of questioning, Bovi left but not because of you.

God help me, I think I've joined a Sorority...

...right after the sisters gang-fucked Gyno's boyfriend while Gyno was on the rag.:escape

cheapseats

EOG Master

it all sounds about right, i guess i am wondering if the body of contributors (AKA posters as JK would say) should put others on trial at all cost....i'd say all in this thread are pretty dam smart when it comes to this. i think the forum works better when "call outs" are left to PM's....no reason to be public about it, and i do not buy into the newbies angle either

J

joeybagadonuts

Read the whole thread. Your comment was harsh but far from the reason that he left. CompBob and Czech asked some honest relevant questions. On the other hand there were some clowns, Fishhead, making irrelevant look at me posts. Between the two lines of questioning, Bovi left but not because of you.

Well, according to JK be blamed me.

:+clueless

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Hopefully EOG will see more threads pertaining to NFL playoffs, college basketball, and NBA baskets in the future...and less drama....

You can never get rid of the drama(as I learned here in the past year) but a 50/50 mix is no good..I would say 65/35 is about the right ratio...

Guys ribbing each other is OK, but the number of vicious attacks on other posters is rising...JMO, but guys need to lighten up and just have fun and learn to laugh at some remarks that are off the wall, but not racist or insulting...

Hopefully EOG will see more threads pertaining to NFL playoffs, college basketball, and NBA baskets in the future...and less drama....

You can never get rid of the drama(as I learned here in the past year) but a 50/50 mix is no good..I would say 65/35 is about the right ratio...

Guys ribbing each other is OK, but the number of vicious attacks on other posters is rising...JMO, but guys need to lighten up and just have fun and learn to laugh at some remarks that are off the wall, but not racist or insulting...

i agree with this. I think eog will be fine. Need to work on more ways of bringing in new blood outside of the radio show. This is where bet phoenix needs to get involved.

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

A lot of people think BP needs to link us off their main page and I just don't agree. Only way I see that happening is by completely dropping all sponsorship accept BP. You simply not going to link a website that advertises your competitiors even if you own it.

Right now BP is in a great position to be basically making money off of it's competitors. It's a dual stream income that they be crazy to merge.

EVERYONE here is a genius, at least the 'full time' posters so to THEM a tout or a 'pro' handicapper or whatever isnt necessary. Most guys are so over the top in their own self deludions they wouldnt follow ANYONE even if it did mean they might ake a buck or two instead of staying dead ass broke.

I am not sure what the overall viewership of EOG is but there might be a few people actually looking for people to follow. For better or worse. But more than likely Covers has those groups cornered.

So EOG ends up being its own little sandbox, with the occasional guys from the RX, Peeps, or SBR doing a fly by. Or I guess anyone that starts getting paid or some incentive to post here more exclusively.

So this is what you get. I am not defending anyone, touts, posters, who ever. People can say what they want. But the most outspoken critics of EVERYTHING tout are clearly deluded and jus do it because it gives them something to do. I will criticize fezzik, but not blindly. I criticize Ed also, but for different reasons than I do fezzik, so it isnt simply 'theyre a tout I must slam them' type nonsense. Which is basically what most guys do here. And obvioously if they lose it makes it much easier to bash them. Ed wins and most guys leave him alone or ironically other praise him. So even in their own anti tout delusions these guys still suck off touts. So maybe theyre only targeting 'losing' touts. Who knows their justifications.

I think it comes down tot his, as long as these guys tout the same bullshit they think or believe they will not bash them win or lose. So a common approach is the one criteria most guys look to before they judge someone. But like I said their own myopia keeps them from seeing a bigger picture.

But to break it down would take forever. Most guys that are really good arent going to post picks on ANY forum much less one run by internet terrorists.

Thats why I said a couple pages back that forums arent worth shit these days. Used to be you could get a few guys who had info or knew what they were talking about to post semi regularly, now it is a waste of time. You cant stop the maniacs from running wild. And even winning isnt always enough because more than likely someone will question the line you got or say it wasnt available and that makes your results all invalid. So why bother?

EOG has been the "Drama Queen" of sites for many years now. Why would anyone think that this will ever change? The fact of the matter is that all of these sites are headed downhill in a major hurry as their off shore sponsors continue to dry up under the pressure of the Feds. There is absolutely nothing that anyone in here can do about it. They snap their fingers and another book is out of business in the U.S. Live with it. Anyone taking anything that is said in this, or any other site seriously really needs to get a life.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

kind of interesting how much interest this thread has received. apparently forums love to react to negativity. i try to be positive and rarely get a response to my posts....:sad

tripp

EOG Master

kind of interesting how much interest this thread has received. apparently forums love to react to negativity. i try to be positive and rarely get a response to my posts....:sad
It's not just forums. The News is full of tragedies and negative stories with positive, up-lifting things happening every day. Tragedy just sells better to the public. As strange as it is people would rather hear about and comment on a terrorist attack than a child donating all his lemonade stand money to an orphanage.

J

joeybagadonuts

It's not just forums. The News is full of tragedies and negative stories with positive, up-lifting things happening every day. Tragedy just sells better to the public. As strange as it is people would rather hear about and comment on a terrorist attack than a child donating all his lemonade stand money to an orphanage.

Well said, Tripper.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

EVERYONE here is a genius, at least the 'full time' posters so to THEM a tout or a 'pro' handicapper or whatever isnt necessary. Most guys are so over the top in their own self deludions they wouldnt follow ANYONE even if it did mean they might ake a buck or two instead of staying dead ass broke.

I am not sure what the overall viewership of EOG is but there might be a few people actually looking for people to follow. For better or worse. But more than likely Covers has those groups cornered.

So EOG ends up being its own little sandbox, with the occasional guys from the RX, Peeps, or SBR doing a fly by. Or I guess anyone that starts getting paid or some incentive to post here more exclusively.

So this is what you get. I am not defending anyone, touts, posters, who ever. People can say what they want. But the most outspoken critics of EVERYTHING tout are clearly deluded and jus do it because it gives them something to do. I will criticize fezzik, but not blindly. I criticize Ed also, but for different reasons than I do fezzik, so it isnt simply 'theyre a tout I must slam them' type nonsense. Which is basically what most guys do here. And obvioously if they lose it makes it much easier to bash them. Ed wins and most guys leave him alone or ironically other praise him. So even in their own anti tout delusions these guys still suck off touts. So maybe theyre only targeting 'losing' touts. Who knows their justifications.

I think it comes down tot his, as long as these guys tout the same bullshit they think or believe they will not bash them win or lose. So a common approach is the one criteria most guys look to before they judge someone. But like I said their own myopia keeps them from seeing a bigger picture.

But to break it down would take forever. Most guys that are really good arent going to post picks on ANY forum much less one run by internet terrorists.

Thats why I said a couple pages back that forums arent worth shit these days. Used to be you could get a few guys who had info or knew what they were talking about to post semi regularly, now it is a waste of time. You cant stop the maniacs from running wild. And even winning isnt always enough because more than likely someone will question the line you got or say it wasnt available and that makes your results all invalid. So why bother?

Can you say Heim? He has run off many good posters or irrated others to no end. One of the biggest scumbags in forumville....he was banned and no longer wanted at many sites like Fezziks and this is his last roundup at EOG. What was that poster at Fezziks who posted just totals and did very well? Granted some lines were late but he just posted what he bet and still did well. He ended up coming here and posted in the sub section and you guessed it...Scumbag Face Heim harrassed his threads here too. It makes absolutely no sense that a guy who only made a couple of posts a week, just providing his games that would win more than lose....yet would get attacked and attacked by someone like Heim did. It truly shows what a lowlife Heim is. I am sure you remember? He did the same to me at Fezziks during a great run. One of the most pathetic and sad posters in forumville.

I hear ya ^^^^^

It's one reason (out of several) I post a few picks at a time and basically move on, as asshole like him just ain't worth the effort.

Apple

Banned

Seems like the ghosts are gone, this thread served its purpose.

Timetopay

EOG Master

lol

so now i have seen Chalky,WVUs wife,Sausage Finger,Winkys Dad and Charby something.

Some funny some eh.Where did the WVUs wife come from? Thought it was always about his daughter answering the door.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Can never go wrong with a gamer4 appearance.

Never understood what happened to gamer 1 and 2

J

joeybagadonuts

lol

so now i have seen Chalky,WVUs wife,Sausage Finger,Winkys Dad and Charby something.

Some funny some eh.Where did the WVUs wife come from? Thought it was always about his daughter answering the door.

Freeroll WVU made a thread the other day about how him and his < model > aka wife were going at and he broke his keyboard and had to use of "I" and used "!" instead. Too bad he used an I in the thread title.
:doh1

WVU

EOG Master

Joey you dumb coke head read my first post in that thread

Apple

Banned

serious question...

Do you think any other major forum would allow constant bashing? I dont mean an occasion ribbing here and there, I'm talking about the obsessive bashing that is commonplace here?

How many posters need to leave before something is done about it?

Teddy kgb

Banned

Bottom line is the EOG will be here for 50yrs and some will stay and some will go....it's split down the middle on what everyone likes and the forum is split down the middle with those types of posters....

It's like the middle east.....nobody's leaving

carolinakid

Banned

Maybe this is old school, put posting forums are crap these days to put money in a few pockets, it not about helping the guys you post with each nite on a said group, but posting for just the pure pleaure of posting to add hits to a site to pimp their sponsers..........again most sites could give a rat ass about it posters imo................

Teddy kgb

Banned

serious question...

Do you think any other major forum would allow constant bashing? I dont mean an occasion ribbing here and there, I'm talking about the obsessive bashing that is commonplace here?

We just had Dinkinson show up so how bad are things really? it's not like posters are leaving every day and 5starbomb is here posting.....

Apple

Banned

teddy in all honesty you are a forum cancer.. Your shit would never be allowed at a major successful forum, you only post at small time places like this or whales ghost town. SBR or Rx would never allow your shit..

J

joeybagadonuts

serious question...

Fuck you, douche.

Way to shit in Peep's daughter's thread at OGD. Real classy.

:finger004

Apple

Banned

you know I'm right about teddy..

true shit teddy people dont really like you, they just act like they do so you dont bash them. I'm serious you really aren't that funny, your forum jokes are elementary, reminiscent of stuff you'd hear on the playground of an elementary school.. You are a fucking old dude in his 50s or 60s who goes around talking juvenile shit to anonymous people you have never met or will meet...

How fucking sad is that..

WVU

EOG Master

Not at all Joey but I can see u are upset with me because I called u out on your childish posts