My opinion of Legendz & Parlays

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
i have stated my opinion on them in a past post:

http://www.eog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19847&highlight=legendz

NOW - i see they are CROOKS (LOVE to hear Shrink try and bail them out of this one - and DO NOT blame it on their Software - NOT gonna buy it!)

so i try and make a 2-team M/L parlay today in the NHL - gotta do M/L because Legendz - being the chicken sh*t book they are DOESN'T offer Puckline plays - even though they have a link to it on their site

I try to play

Ottawa -165
Detroit -160

i go to the following site: http://www.parlaycalculator.com

to see what it SHOULD pay

i see a $59 parlay should pay $94.98 - but i know at Legendz they are a disgrace like V-Wager and DON'T deal with anything other than whole numbers (Guess NO ONE there is smart enuf to count pennies - although if i paid these people PENNIES is all their salary would be - and even then they would be OVERPAID!) so i thought maybe since it is that close to $95 they would round up - but they don't. i thought maybe i would get $94 but Nooooooooooooooooo - i would get $93. HOW?

so then i think about a $61 parlay which i see pays $103.03 - but at this book that would be $103 - OK - i can live w/o the $.03. but Noooooooooooooooooo - at THIS disgrace of a book - the SAME parlay that pays $103 EVERYWHERE ELSE ONLY pays $101 at Legendz

i know it is "only" $2 but that is NOT the point here! the point is THERE IS NO EXCUSE OR VALID REASON FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!

Shrink - quit trying to make excuses for this book - it makes you look foolish when you try and defend a book that is an advertiser here - one you would RIP if they didn't help pay your salary

You say you know the owner and he is a GREAT guy - and blah, blah, blah, blah. Fine - TALK TO HIM and let him know his book is a DISGRACE and more CROOKED than Richard Nixon

the LAST time a book CHEATED people like this was Ido @ Yahoops - and we KNOW what kind of CROOK and DISGRACE he is - so now it is time for you to do SOMETHING with a book every bit as big a JOKE at the CROOKS at Legendz

"Heroes are Remebered - Legends never die" is their slogan. trust me - I REMEMBER these CROOKS - and HOPE they DIE (their book that is)

MAN UP Shrink - cut the crap you will spew our way and DO SOMETHING about this Yahoops we have on our hands. If I am going to FUCKED IN THE ASS (NOT that I ever have - or hope to) i expect Dinner and a Movie FIRST as well as some KY Jelly for the entry - but that is NOT what Legendz does at all

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Winky, I forwarded your post to Legendz for review.

I'll save the props I have for them as if I say it, then it is just because they advertise here. :rolleyes:

Let's not mention the Free 17K they gave away for the NFL football contests either.

Thanks for your feedback.

Winky: I'm not a V-wager fan, just playing there for $5 a week for RX contest. They pay the change on a parlay !

I never dealt with Legendz, but have seen others that short the parlays as you describe.

"Legendz" and "crooks" in the same sentence is comical. There is not another book or book owner in the industry with as much integrity as Luke.

Complaints relating to Legendz almost always seem to be software related...this issue will be resolved when they switch their software at the All Star Break of baseball season.

I am sure if you need that loose change, Luke would be happy to help you out. Shoot him at email at lucius@legendzsports.com. His reputation means more to him than any dollar amount.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Clip Joint said:
"Legendz" and "crooks" in the same sentence is comical. There is not another book or book owner in the industry with as much integrity as Luke.

Complaints relating to Legendz almost always seem to be software related...this issue will be resolved when they switch their software at the All Star Break of baseball season.

I am sure if you need that loose change, Luke would be happy to help you out. Shoot him at email at lucius@legendzsports.com. His reputation means more to him than any dollar amount.

i did NOT play the parlay because i NEVER bet a bad line - and getting RIPPED OFF - which is what this is - is a BAD LINE! i wish people would stop making so many freaking EXCUSES for this book - software MY ASS! if their software SUCKS - they DESERVE ALL of the crap they should get. the $2 or whatever is NOT the point - it is everything behind the payout

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
1 more thing

short EVERYONE $2 on a parlay and that realllllllllllllllllllllly adds up to a significant amount - every 50 people who gets shorted add up to about $100 now multiply that by the actual number of parlays hit and WOW - this is a rather SIGNIFICANT number

the "problem" is most people are too ignorant to know what a parlay SHOULD pay and DOES pay just like people are willing to lay in the NFL -3.5 on sunday when they could have laid -3 or less earlier in the week - then complain about the bad beat of "being hooked" and losing - when if they were smart and KNEW what the line was earlier in the week they would won won or pushed their bet - OR NOT MADE IT AT ALL

Sounds like they are taking a small bit off the top on the parlays but I do have a question Winky.

Do they list those as their parlay odds when you signed up?

If they did list them and you just didn't read the rules, there is no one to blame but yourself on this one.

If they didn't, then changes need to made.

I love Legendz and have said so numerous times in the past. I don't like the fact that they round down (don't like it any books) but everything else has been absolutely 100% perfect.

Anyway, my question is, did they list the parlay odds that you got when you signed up? If they did, I see no reason why you should blame them.

PSUONE

EOG Veteran
I am curious how many books will line up with the calculator. I dont play parlays very often but I happened to have one going on tonight to get a even payout.

Betjamaica
Bosox-136
Ottawa -1.5 +175
Wizards -110
Spurs Over -110

Bet $11.36 to win $183.80

Parlay Calculator to win $186.217

Difference=$2.417

PSUONE - I am thinking along the same lines as you. I don't play parlays, but I would be interested in seeing how many different software providers have software that calculate parlays to the cent. I remember over at TheRX BetTrojan got grilled for this also.

Another HUGE crook in the industry...Scotty from BetJamaica. :rolleyes:

Both calculators produce 59=94.981 I'm sure that's what I'd get with pencil and paper. There's really only one answer to the equation.

I gotta back WD here, the book is shorting the pay.

They are double rounding it.

59 at -160 wins 36.875, they round that to 36. 59 +36 = 95

95 at -165 wins 57.58, they round it 57.

57 +95 = 152.

152-59= 93

Cheat you out of 1.98 by double rounding.

not good.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
That rake from the software is completely programable, just like a slot's payout. Over enough transactions this will add up to a nice addition to the normal hold. What % of this transaction is rounded away from you?

Best
Wishes...OF :+clueless

PSUONE said:
I am curious how many books will line up with the calculator. I dont play parlays very often but I happened to have one going on tonight to get a even payout.

Betjamaica
Bosox-136
Ottawa -1.5 +175
Wizards -110
Spurs Over -110

Bet $11.36 to win $183.80

Parlay Calculator to win $186.217

Difference=$2.417

2 at -110 normally pays 13-5

should be calculated

+175
+260

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
That rake from the software is completely programable, just like a slot's payout. Over enough transactions this will add up to a nice addition to the normal hold. What % of this transaction is rounded away from you?

Best
Wishes...OF :+clueless

2.09 %

JRock7997 said:
Who plays parlays? :answer: :+signs1$5

I do, if there is a reason to ( correlation) like the second half of say an NFL game, maybe dog +4 and under 20.5 or something like that where the bets are more likely to go 0-2 or 2-0, instead of 1-1. I don't parlay sides of 2 different NBA games.

winkyduck said:
i have stated my opinion on them in a past post:

http://www.eog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19847&highlight=legendz

NOW - i see they are CROOKS (LOVE to hear Shrink try and bail them out of this one - and DO NOT blame it on their Software - NOT gonna buy it!)

so i try and make a 2-team M/L parlay today in the NHL - gotta do M/L because Legendz - being the chicken sh*t book they are DOESN'T offer Puckline plays - even though they have a link to it on their site

I try to play

Ottawa -165
Detroit -160

i go to the following site: http://www.parlaycalculator.com

to see what it SHOULD pay

i see a $59 parlay should pay $94.98 - but i know at Legendz they are a disgrace like V-Wager and DON'T deal with anything other than whole numbers (Guess NO ONE there is smart enuf to count pennies - although if i paid these people PENNIES is all their salary would be - and even then they would be OVERPAID!) so i thought maybe since it is that close to $95 they would round up - but they don't. i thought maybe i would get $94 but Nooooooooooooooooo - i would get $93. HOW?

so then i think about a $61 parlay which i see pays $103.03 - but at this book that would be $103 - OK - i can live w/o the $.03. but Noooooooooooooooooo - at THIS disgrace of a book - the SAME parlay that pays $103 EVERYWHERE ELSE ONLY pays $101 at Legendz

i know it is "only" $2 but that is NOT the point here! the point is THERE IS NO EXCUSE OR VALID REASON FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!

Shrink - quit trying to make excuses for this book - it makes you look foolish when you try and defend a book that is an advertiser here - one you would RIP if they didn't help pay your salary

You say you know the owner and he is a GREAT guy - and blah, blah, blah, blah. Fine - TALK TO HIM and let him know his book is a DISGRACE and more CROOKED than Richard Nixon

the LAST time a book CHEATED people like this was Ido @ Yahoops - and we KNOW what kind of CROOK and DISGRACE he is - so now it is time for you to do SOMETHING with a book every bit as big a JOKE at the CROOKS at Legendz

"Heroes are Remebered - Legends never die" is their slogan. trust me - I REMEMBER these CROOKS - and HOPE they DIE (their book that is)

MAN UP Shrink - cut the crap you will spew our way and DO SOMETHING about this Yahoops we have on our hands. If I am going to FUCKED IN THE ASS (NOT that I ever have - or hope to) i expect Dinner and a Movie FIRST as well as some KY Jelly for the entry - but that is NOT what Legendz does at all

Winky : You were the first guy I met at RX bash, because you wore a HW shirt, like me !

I answered your query ( highlited in red) as to Legendz got the $93 figure, I agree they are screwing you with it.

I've disagreed with you before on soccer, using hold percentage as my arguement ( vig) . You don't like 3-way, on a match that will have an ultimate winner, but I say 3-way is OK on regulation if vig is not onerous, that's a better test to me.

I agree with you a lot, books shouldn't only offer ML in hockey. Legendz definitley sub-par in this parlay, even if you didn't bet it !

I respect your opinion, even though I don't always agree with you.

Peace, brother !, not that there was ever bad shit between you and me.

winkyduck,

It appears to me that every time you get a chance to take a shot at LEGENDZ, you do...

Clip Joint doesn't get paid to post nice things about Legendz, and he feels the same way about this sports book as I do...

Suggestion:

Why not email Luke or pick up the phone to discuss this with him BEFORE bashing them? :+clueless

You may be amazed by Luke before you are halfway through....

THE SHRINK

PSUONE

EOG Veteran
THE SHRINK said:
Suggestion:

Why not email Luke or pick up the phone to discuss this with him BEFORE bashing them? :+clueless

THE SHRINK

I dont understand. I thought his post was informative and interesting. Are you telling him to contact Legendz and inform them to fix their software or just his own parlay? Why would they listen to him to fix their software to cut into their earnings?

:+clueless

PSUONE,

All I was suggesting is that whenever I have encountered problems with reputable sports books, honey usually works a lot better than vinegar...

But hey, that's just me and posters can choose whatever method they prefer to handle issues...

THE SHRINK

PSUONE

EOG Veteran
I agree the title and tone of the email was not in anyone's best interest. I do think this site is the best tool to make books understand and change policies to become better books.

Will you contact someone at Legendz to comment on their calculation of the parlay?

FWIW, its not fair to Legendz to have the title of this thread. It should be changed.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I did edit the title of this post and I probably should have a couple days back, but I am trying hard to avoid much censorship. It is not appropriate to categorize Legendz and Crooks in the same sentence. I hope most of you can understand this.

aceduecetrey

EOG Addicted
THE SHRINK said:
winkyduck,

It appears to me that every time you get a chance to take a shot at LEGENDZ, you do...

Clip Joint doesn't get paid to post nice things about Legendz, and he feels the same way about this sports book as I do...

Suggestion:

THE SHRINK

So it is ok if they give a guy who calls them the true payouts, but fuck everyone else?

aceduecetrey

EOG Addicted
THE SHRINK said:
Guys,

I never suggested that it was Ok to screw everyone else. What I did suggest was another way to handle it...
How else do you go about handling it though? I think the best thing to do is to everyones attention and call them out on it. Most of the time I do agree that it is better to contact the book when you have a problem, but this is different in my eyes.