My thoughts on all of the protests/looting

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
it has been getting tougher for them for sure ...their rules are changing against them.. the buffalo cops i think will go back. They would be nuts to think they could get a better job long term.
And many of these instances can be minimized with the use of body cams. It’s hard to believe that the cops that barged in and killed the woman in Louisville didn’t have cams. The worst thing cities can do is defund the police. They can take that money and buy more cams. Make it mandatory to wear them and have them on. Pay them for the time they are on, Th en you can evaluate the police better. This knee jerk reaction to firing everyone is not good.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
He is, but it'd because he lacks the guts to stand up to the PBA. They laugh in his face as the NYC cops consistently turn peaceful protests into riots. Cops are worse here than they were before Serpico. Damn hard for the good cops to make a difference.

Do you believe that the police having a union is keeping them from getting rid of the bad actors in law enforcement? I'm sure it doesn't take long for a cop to let his opinions of minorities to come to light. Yet the good and bad cops are protected by the umbrella of the union.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Do you believe that the police having a union is keeping them from getting rid of the bad actors in law enforcement? I'm sure it doesn't take long for a cop to let his opinions of minorities to come to light. Yet the good and bad cops are protected by the umbrella of the union.
Yes. I'm generally a Union guy, but not when they get out of control, and are more interested in protecting bad actors, then serving the greater good. The PBA and it's equivilent in many locales are problems. What just happened in Buffalo is disgusting. All 57 cops supporting those 2 scum because of the Union. Not one good cop comes forward and says hey, this old guy did not deserve whhat happened to him. a couple of my fellow officers overreacted and should be held accountable, we should not have lied on the official report. Until a Union encouarges such behavior, rather than a blue wall protecting the bad actors, we'll continue to see the same problems.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I saw a lot of bragging by clueless local mayors about banning choke holds, saying now it wont happen anymore. There are laws against arson, looting, throwing bottles,etc, and they still happen. Do words on a piece of paper solve the hardest problems we face?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Yes. I'm generally a Union guy, but not when they get out of control, and are more interested in protecting bad actors, then serving the greater good. The PBA and it's equivilent in many locales are problems. What just happened in Buffalo is disgusting. All 57 cops supporting those 2 scum because of the Union. Not one good cop comes forward and says hey, this old guy did not deserve whhat happened to him. a couple of my fellow officers overreacted and should be held accountable, we should not have lied on the official report. Until a Union encouarges such behavior, rather than a blue wall protecting the bad actors, we'll continue to see the same problems.
I’m sure some were against the cop, but the fear of retribution is real with police.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I wonder how many can keep their cool when the people who expect you to perform to the letter of the law are throwing bottles of piss at you.

Last edited:

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I saw a lot of bragging by clueless local mayors about banning choke holds, saying now it wont happen anymore. There are laws against arson, looting, throwing bottles,etc, and they still happen. Do words on a piece of paper solve the hardest problems we face?

I would believe this "chokehold" is a tactic that would have a strong benefit if a much smaller cop (male or female) has to restrain a larger person to control the situation.

So taser usage goes up?

We all want less shootings.

Taking away chokeholds, which wasn't used in the Floyd incident would be like banning bananas as a way to eliminate obseity basing it on the sugar in bananas.

MrTop

EOG Master
And many of these instances can be minimized with the use of body cams. It’s hard to believe that the cops that barged in and killed the woman in Louisville didn’t have cams. The worst thing cities can do is defund the police. They can take that money and buy more cams. Make it mandatory to wear them and have them on. Pay them for the time they are on, Th en you can evaluate the police better. This knee jerk reaction to firing everyone is not good.

yep, sometimes they shut them off when they get near the potential suspect. They have to clean that up

boston massacre

EOG Master
Someone who actually believes in protecting and serving, hopefully.

Ya Right !

Just Don't Arrest or Lock up Anybody.

Even if They want To Burn your House Down.

This Guy Must Pass Counterfeit Money.

He'd Call the Police, if someone passed Him Counterfeit money.

The Mind of a Delusional Liberal Deranged Nut Job.

Last edited:
That goes back to the union head.

Correct. What has happened with many departments is when a few cops act dangerously out of line a police chief reprimands those officers and the union follows up with a vote of "no confidence". The city managers have then buckled and fired the chief for doing the right thing.

kane

EOG master
I would believe this "chokehold" is a tactic that would have a strong benefit if a much smaller cop (male or female) has to restrain a larger person to control the situation.

So taser usage goes up?

We all want less shootings.

Taking away chokeholds, which wasn't used in the Floyd incident would be like banning bananas as a way to eliminate obseity basing it on the sugar in bananas.

Personally I have no problem if a cop uses a chokehold, but it has to be the right situation, I hope we can all agree using it against George Floyd was a big mistake and wasn't warranted. Now, let's say rather than passing a phony 20, he just committed armed robbery and shot someone, and he's feeling from police in a high speed chase on the freeway, and when he gets pulled over he's acting belligerent and fighting with the cops and starts reaching for a gun in his pants, then by all means the cops would have the right to do whatever it takes to bring him down, including using a chokehold, but once he's under control, the chokehold needs to end, they can't let it get to the point where the guy is struggling to breathe

janus

EOG Dedicated
The eastside of Indianapolis is an absolute shithole. Its the black neighborhood, and every night on the news there are 5 murders, plus or minus. Every. Fucking. Night. Black Lives Matter has never showed up for a single one, despite every victim being black. They don't wanna be called an Uncle Tom, so they don't cross other black people.

Two weeks before all this horseshit broke out, a white female mail carrier in Indy was murdered by a black guy, blown off the porch because she didn't have his stimulus check. Black Lives Matter had nothing to say, nor did the mainstream media, because her skin wasn't the right color for it to be a "story".

If you're actively supporting this one-sided media virtue-signalling bag of horseshit, you, my friend, are a fucking racist. and i mean that in the true sense of the word, not the laughable leftist version of racism which means you might have offended somebody one time who was desperate to be offended in the first place. if you are actively promoting/supporting one race over another, even if your friends think its cool and it makes you popular at parties, you're still nothing but a fucking racist.

railbird

EOG Master
The eastside of Indianapolis is an absolute shithole. Its the black neighborhood, and every night on the news there are 5 murders, plus or minus. Every. Fucking. Night. Black Lives Matter has never showed up for a single one, despite every victim being black. They don't wanna be called an Uncle Tom, so they don't cross other black people.

Two weeks before all this horseshit broke out, a white female mail carrier in Indy was murdered by a black guy, blown off the porch because she didn't have his stimulus check. Black Lives Matter had nothing to say, nor did the mainstream media, because her skin wasn't the right color for it to be a "story".

If you're actively supporting this one-sided media virtue-signalling bag of horseshit, you, my friend, are a fucking racist. and i mean that in the true sense of the word, not the laughable leftist version of racism which means you might have offended somebody one time who was desperate to be offended in the first place. if you are actively promoting/supporting one race over another, even if your friends think its cool and it makes you popular at parties, you're still nothing but a fucking racist.

this is the best post yet