My trip to The Mob Museum in Las Vegas

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Mob Museum is a good deal for local residents.

Non-locals price is $29.95 while locals gain admittance for only $16.95.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Haven't been for awhile but I enjoyed going a couple times to the Mob Museum, well done. John say what's up to the Stardust and Riviera Signs for the countless memories and drinking sessions.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Agree.

Worth the price.

I'll be attending The Neon Museum next week.

That's a real winner.

View attachment 7461882

Went the day after T-giving in 2019. VERY disappointed by it? We went at night (are they even open during the day - would be kinda stupid to do so) and was shocked at how it is not big at all. Way overpriced and not worth it. I guess it is something you gotta see but once you do you ill be disappointed you did

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Went the day after T-giving in 2019. VERY disappointed by it? We went at night (are they even open during the day - would be kinda stupid to do so) and was shocked at how it is not big at all. Way overpriced and not worth it. I guess it is something you gotta see but once you do you ill be disappointed you did

I'm surprised by your review, Wink.

My tour guide the first time I attended was excellent.

Yours?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I'm surprised by your review, Wink.

My tour guide the first time I attended was excellent.

Yours?

We didn't have one. We had a family reunion in Vegas last T-giving. We all went the day after. It was damn cold but tolerable. We were disappointed by how many exhibits had burner out bulbs.

The one good thing that came about was this at the end. I couldn't resist and my family had no idea why I had to take this pic but Winkyduck in front of a Duck............gotta be! FYI - I am the one in front and not the yellow neon character.

Neon - Duck.jpg

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Winky

Did you see the light and music show or just walk through the sign part?

The sign part is good with the right tour guide. Sorry if you got a bad one.

The light and music show was very good.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Winky

We went the day after T-giving and did not have a tour guide for our 15-18 person group. Light/Music show? Don't recall seeing anything like that. We just walked thru it and then they had a "Tim Burton" exhibit near the very end. I did scan the QR code and got some audio telling me what some of the history behind each sign.

Sounds like I didn't get as solid an experience as I could/should have gotten

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Winky

Tour guides are critical at every attraction.

Visited Notre Dame Stadium two years ago.

Delighted by an enthusiastic, well-informed tour guide.

Visited the ND lockerroom and slapped the famous sign that reads "Play Like A Champion Today."

1594065571797.png

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Tour guides are critical at every attraction.

Visited Notre Dame Stadium two years ago.

Delighted by an enthusiastic, well-informed tour guide.

Visited the ND lockerroom and slapped the famous sign that reads "Play Like A Champion Today."

View attachment 7461904

I can agree about tour guides - at some places

I also visited the stadium. Sept 2009. I was there on a Friday, the day before a game. They only allowed us on to the field up to the back end of the end zone

We toured the campus that day and went to the bookstore. THAT PLACE IS HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE! We went to the Pep Rally Friday Night before their game with Sparty. You go to a ND Pep Rally and leave convinced they are going to win 95-0 the next day. I was not since I took Sparty +10 and they lost by 3.

Anyone who is a CFB fan MUST attend a game at ND. Unreal. Stay in Elkhart (RV Capital of the World) - it is about 10 Miles East but costs less.

We saw the game on Saturday after seeing a Cubs' day game on Thursday. Then after the ND game we left at 8:30 for a 300 mile drive that took 5.5 hours and got us into Green Bay at 1A to see the Packers host the Bengals - the game Chad Johnson did the Lambeau Leap. Like ND - Green Bay is a MUST see place for any NFL fan. No way to describe how amazing it is to see a game in place that should not exist. If the NFL started up today and made a list of 1000 cities wanting a team Green Bay never gets a team. That only adds to the overall charm and all-around awesomeness of the place. Get there early and walk around and "hear" Lombardi's statue "talk" to you as you walk by. Just an incredible place to see a game

One day a year you can get free entry, Smithsonian museum day or something like that. That's only time I went, decent enough museum but I wouldn't want to pay the going rate to get in.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
How long is the mob museum tour?

That is on my list.

I want to cut out an entire day to soak in everything they have.

Cant wait to see the joe pesci and ray liotta exhibits.

How long is the mob museum tour?

That is on my list.

I want to cut out an entire day to soak in everything they have.

Cant wait to see the joe pesci and ray liotta exhibits.

A whole day? Three hours tops and that's if you are really into it and read everything they got.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I can agree about tour guides - at some places

I also visited the stadium. Sept 2009. I was there on a Friday, the day before a game. They only allowed us on to the field up to the back end of the end zone

We toured the campus that day and went to the bookstore. THAT PLACE IS HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE! We went to the Pep Rally Friday Night before their game with Sparty. You go to a ND Pep Rally and leave convinced they are going to win 95-0 the next day. I was not since I took Sparty +10 and they lost by 3.

Anyone who is a CFB fan MUST attend a game at ND. Unreal. Stay in Elkhart (RV Capital of the World) - it is about 10 Miles East but costs less.

We saw the game on Saturday after seeing a Cubs' day game on Thursday. Then after the ND game we left at 8:30 for a 300 mile drive that took 5.5 hours and got us into Green Bay at 1A to see the Packers host the Bengals - the game Chad Johnson did the Lambeau Leap. Like ND - Green Bay is a MUST see place for any NFL fan. No way to describe how amazing it is to see a game in place that should not exist. If the NFL started up today and made a list of 1000 cities wanting a team Green Bay never gets a team. That only adds to the overall charm and all-around awesomeness of the place. Get there early and walk around and "hear" Lombardi's statue "talk" to you as you walk by. Just an incredible place to see a game

A gambling buddy had a good line about attending Notre Dame pep rallies.

He said, "If you're indecisive about placing a wager on or against Notre Dame, do not attend the Friday night pep rally."

Why?

Because you can only play the Notre Dame side after getting "jacked up" by the Notre Dame faithful.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
A gambling buddy had a good line about attending Notre Dame pep rallies.

He said, "If you're indecisive about placing a wager on or against Notre Dame, do not attend the Friday night pep rally."

Why?

Because you can only play the Notre Dame side after getting "jacked up" by the Notre Dame faithful.

He is 100% right. As I said - you leave feeling like they will win the next day 400-0. But that didn't stop me from taking Sparty +10 in a game they pretty much had covered all 60 minutes.

It is worth attending, though. I went with a friend who is a diehard Domer and he wore a ND shirt. I wore my "CSUF 2004 CWS Champions" Shirt there. Seriously