Nationals Giolito not enough to acquire Sale, who else do they include?

rico1

EOG Master
Nats turning up the heat on Sale. Giolito would have to be one piece, anyone else think the Sox will want another pitcher? Maybe Ross? And Turner? Nats are going to have to pay a steep price if they want Sale as it looks like they are competing against the Red Sox.

I'm stunned they are not pursuing Jansen or Chapman.

Valuist

EOG Master
This guy has been a disappointing prospect for a few years. It looks like he has finally figured things out. I've seen a few of his starts and he's been impressive. He throws mid to upper 90s despite short arming, which may create some deception.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Complete game four-hit shutout for Giolito.

Nine strikeouts against only one walk against a Houston team that leads MLB in slugging percentage.

When he's good, he's really good.

Valuist

EOG Master
His next start figures to be vs the Royals. Could he be minus 200 at home? I can't imagine him being much less than that. This White Sox team is going to cash some nice bets. I don't know if the Indians catch the Twins this year and they better watch out for the White Sox as well.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I heard Steve Stone labeled Eloy Jimenez a future Hall-of-Famer.

Current OPS is .704.

MLB average is .738.

Valuist

EOG Master
His next start figures to be vs the Royals. Could he be minus 200 at home? I can't imagine him being much less than that. This White Sox team is going to cash some nice bets. I don't know if the Indians catch the Twins this year and they better watch out for the White Sox as well.

Bet them last night at minus 139. Closing price? Minus 169. Word is out on Giolito.

Rail, how about this HS rotation at Harvard Westlake a few years ago? Giolito, Max Fried and Jack Flaherty. Three MLB starting pitchers on one high school staff.

Valuist

EOG Master
Another gem from Giolito today. 7 2/3 innings, 3 hits, 0 runs , 11 strikeouts. Just keep riding him until he loses.