NBA 2022-23 Season Thread

choslamshe

EOG Master
What are your takes and predictions for what Dallas can/will do to bring a secondary star alongside Luka? As incredible as he is a player, team can't win long-term. Feel like reaching the Conference Finals unlikely again.

Heim

EOG Master
What are your takes and predictions for what Dallas can/will do to bring a secondary star alongside Luka? As incredible as he is a player, team can't win long-term. Feel like reaching the Conference Finals unlikely again.

I believe the interest in Ayton is real. PHO is better off getting picks and rebuilding. They have a great young core less Paul.

I don't see Kyrie in Dallas.

kane

EOG master
So it's announced Kyire is out today for personal reasons, then it gets changed to he's out due to a sore calf, LOL, looks like he's played his last game for Brooklyn

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
DeRosan will be available.

choslamshe

EOG Master
IMO, neither Ayton or Derozan will propel Dallas to the next level. I don't see that significant a difference between Ayton and Wood. Derozan been a loser his entire life as a pro.

Trying to figure why the Nuggets number for tonight game keeps going lower. What do they know that I don't?

They got down there early, staying in the same hotel they were in the bubble this should be an easy W. With all the trades and talk around the NBA they should be wanting to make a statement tonight. I just don't get it.

Heim

EOG Master
Lakers smartly dumped Beverly, worthless with the exception of taking photos of no calls on the court 📷

Trying to figure why the Nuggets number for tonight game keeps going lower. What do they know that I don't?

They got down there early, staying in the same hotel they were in the bubble this should be an easy W. With all the trades and talk around the NBA they should be wanting to make a statement tonight. I just don't get it.
Somebody saw them out partying last night because I didn't recognize whatever that was out there this evening.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Spurs depth for tonight with Keldon Johnson ruled OUT:

PG - Devonte' Graham (likely to play as he went through shootaround for the first time with his new team)
SG - Malaki Branham
SF - Keita Bates-Diop
PF - Doug McDermott
C - Zach Collins

Bench

Blake Wesley
Stanley Johnson
Isaiah Roby
Gorgui Dieng

Pistons are awful, and 6 seems like asking a lot of them, but if there were a spot.....

Heim

EOG Master
Luca and Kyrie is going to be a disaster. Luca has to be the man. It was funny watching Kyrie staring at the Luca dribbling show yesterday. Late in the game Kyrie all alone baseline 3, Luca emulating a Globetrotter dribbling show, shoots a step back over two defenders and misses.

2 top ten iso guys is oil and water.

At this point we can take the big man talk out of the conversation, he belongs right there with Stockton, Nash and Magic.

The best part of Jokers game is you never have to worry about any stat padding. He does whatever it takes to win. If your going to try and guard him with one guy he's going to score at will, bring two and he finds the open man. Leave him open at the 3 point line and he'll hit those try and guard him out there and he'll slowmo drive right around you. I don't know exactly how many near misses of triple doubles he has but I know he leads the league by a long shot in those too over the last 3 years.
Just broke Magic Johnson's long standing record of 23 straight wins when recording a triple double. Unlike Westbrook and Lebron his stats are far from empty.

Heim

EOG Master
Just broke Magic Johnson's long standing record of 23 straight wins when recording a triple double. Unlike Westbrook and Lebron his stats are far from empty.

Lol you call Lebron's assists empty, they led to 4 rings. Unless he gets a ring, he and Westbrook are on parallel paths.

Lol you call Lebron's assists empty, they led to 4 rings. Unless he gets a ring, he and Westbrook are on parallel paths.
They didn't lead to shit. Lebron had to go team up with another Hall of Famer and an All-Star to get a chip. 😂🤣

Just like the stars from the past Joker's not built that way.

Heim

EOG Master
They didn't lead to shit. Lebron had to go team up with another Hall of Famer and an All-Star to get a chip. 😂🤣

He went to the Finals with Gibson, Gooden, Hughes and IIguaskas in 06-07. You see any AS or HOF there? Let me know if Joker ever gets that far.

Last edited:
He went to the Finals with Gibson, Gooden, Hughes and IIguaskas in 06-07. You see any AS or HOF there? Let me know if Joker even gets that far.
Are you trying to prove your lack of basketball acumen? He came out of the East. Do I have to remind you what the East look like back then? Holy fuck you say some stupid shit but this one might actually take the cake.

Came out of the east. Can't make this dumb fucking shit up. 😂🤣

MrTop

EOG Master

i think you need 2 hall of famers to win. Can we name 1 HOF finals winner? cannot do it with 1 ,, i could be wrong

bill walton?

Heim

EOG Master
He’ll probably do well on Chicago, at least he”s not afraid of the ball in the 4th qtr.

His game is identical to LaVine, except LaVine is a better shooter. I'm sure he'll spell LaVine at times, and provide some spark off the bench. But he can't shoot.

And as a anonymous Laker said...'he was a vampire in the locker room'...

MrTop

EOG Master
i think you need 2 hall of famers to win. Can we name 1 HOF finals winner? cannot do it with 1 ,, i could be wrong

bill walton?

walton ..hall of famer ..wins finals by himself

maurice lucas not in hall of fame ...wow 5 time all star

I mean you cant help it if you're lucky enough to be on a team that drafted more than 1 HOF I'm just saying Jokic's not the type to go around chasing a championship. He's not going to feel sorry for himself and blame the organization.

I actually didn't realize that Bosh was a HOF. So LeBrick actually left to hook up with 2 other HOF to get his 1st Championship. Such a pussy.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
His game is identical to LaVine, except LaVine is a better shooter. I'm sure he'll spell LaVine at times, and provide some spark off the bench. But he can't shoot.

And as a anonymous Laker said...'he was a vampire in the locker room'...
Sounds like a Lebron guy who put that out. He’s supposed to be a good teammate.

Heim

EOG Master
Sounds like a Lebron guy who put that out. He’s supposed to be a good teammate.

Westbrook had a interesting good-bye to Lebron on Instagram. Basically intimating he got what he wanted and good luck with the
snitch DeAngelo. It was a little immature for a guy making 47 mil.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Westbrook had a interesting good-bye to Lebron on Instagram. Basically intimating he got what he wanted and good luck with the
snitch DeAngelo. It was a little immature for a guy making 47 mil.
Can’t say I’m shocked, but it’s a TMZ-filled league now. Funny thing is LBJ wanted Westbrook over DeRosan.