NBA for opening week

ATX

Re: NBA for opening week

I messed up on that 2h. I had the over as an angle all year and thought for some reason the Lakers 2h was better.

G2 Bos -3 over Orlando for 1.5%

poker is going great. 3-4 hours a day.

ATX

G3 Lakers -1 over Houston for 2.2%
if LA loses this what will game 4 open? -2.5
Houston 1-4 L4 at home vs LA and Lakers have dominated Rox recently in this series. I also think the suspensions favor LA.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Big confidence in this X, I tend to think you are right on with this view of the game. Kobe will also be out to show last game and the subsequent f1 was a bunch of bullshit....

ATX

Big confidence in this X, I tend to think you are right on with this view of the game. Kobe will also be out to show last game and the subsequent f1 was a bunch of bullshit....

I cannot go the other way. I'm not sure I've seen a playoffs in which so many line moves were wrong. I have it closer to the opener -2'. If they lose game 3 then I'll bang game 4. If that loses well then that will suck, but that is my plan and 2.2% is what I think this game is...about twice as good as my last 3 bets. thanks for the opinion as I have watched nary a game. WTF is going on with Odom, any chance he represents?

cheapseats

EOG Master

I cannot go the other way. I'm not sure I've seen a playoffs in which so many line moves were wrong. I have it closer to the opener -2'. If they lose game 3 then I'll bang game 4. If that loses well then that will suck, but that is my plan and 2.2% is what I think this game is...about twice as good as my last 3 bets. thanks for the opinion as I have watched nary a game. WTF is going on with Odom, any chance he represents?

Lamar is here today, gone tomorrow. He'll show up when you least expect. He is a brawler, which sets up well for his character in game 3. I really think he needs a little ass-kicking from the opponent, and I think he got a little of that with the last game so I would expect him to show Friday.

ATX

Lamar is here today, gone tomorrow. He'll show up when you least expect. He is a brawler, which sets up well for his character in game 3. I really think he needs a little ass-kicking from the opponent, and I think he got a little of that with the last game so I would expect him to show Friday.

that sure would be nice...

I have Denver 4-2 for the series, but Mavs laying 4 points? seriously? hard to make much better than pk.

munson15

I want winners...

that sure would be nice...

I have Denver 4-2 for the series, but Mavs laying 4 points? seriously? hard to make much better than pk.
That line got my attention as well. Gotta figure it's 'make a stand' or quit for Dallas. 0-2 teams going home will give whatever's left in the tank in this situation. Linemaking is certainly different in the playoffs, and whatever you have as a true line is likely to be well off the mark depending on the status of the series.

I'm not as sure of LA as you guys, I didn't like what I saw in the first two games. Even when the Lakers tried to put them away early, the Rockets had plenty of answers coming all the way back from 15 down to go up 4 at one point. I see chinks in LA's armor, and Houston's toughness will be on full display in their place. Artest looks terrific (minus the mental breakdown late in game 2) and Yao is more than Bynum or Gasol can handle. Houston's guards are quicker and I think better than the secondary Lakers like Farmar, Vujacic and the others. Should be very physical and that should favor the Rockets at home being pumped up by a crazy house. Really not sure of this one, I actually lean Houston in game 3, but I definitely have learned to respect ATX' calls. GL.:cheers

ATX

G3 2h 3rd q Boston -1 for 1.1%
Boston has answered the call coming out of the half in the first 2 games and with Orlando shooting over 55%...

ATX

G3 Cleveland -8 over Atlanta for 1.1%
kind of stupid, but I'm going with instinct.

ATX

I wondered where you went off to...I will find you :devil:

G3 Denver +4 for 2.2%

munson15

I want winners...

Very impressive getting out in front of the line moves, cle now 9 in places and den 3.5. Good work.

ATX

Couldn't resist those points with Denver, could you?:+textinb3GL.

somethings are so damn hard to resist...I had Denver pk and I may come back the other way with Rox. nothing good enough with Cle/Atl 2h. I think Cavs cover 2h, but I had to take them full game b/c I wasn't sure if it would be close at the half. I like the 2h under but I it's too correlated to Cavs covering, IMO. If Atlanta covers/wins it tends to go over...

ATX

this is the pure piece of shit once again posting to my diary. I guess that is better than a mulatto piece of shit or an inbred turd.

I'm taking Boston for 2.2% in game 4. it might move to 5.5 some places, but I think there is a stronger possibility of it moving to 4.5 or below. I also am taking the moneyline of +195 or better. since I have shit-for-brains I'm not sure for how much. but I did get a little at +5 -105 already. let me see if I can move it back for everyone...:doh1

ATX

Gyno is DEAD ON - NO CHANCE you made this play @ the time you posted it - NO WAY

in order to have Lakers at 3.5 your ticket needs to have a time stamp (PDT) like this

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: gray; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: gray; WIDTH: 90%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: gray; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: gray; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid" class=DetalleTabla align=middle>$120
</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid" class=DetalleTabla align=middle>$100
</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid" class=DetalleTabla align=left> NBA [725] Lakers (L A) PS -3 -120 Buy +?
</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid" class=DetalleTabla align=middle>Straight</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid" class=DetalleTabla align=middle>I</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid" class=DetalleTabla align=middle>05/09/09 09:01 AM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

you should probably read everything. When did I bet this game? When I posted it, -4 was still available at 3 shops that have a good a good payment history with me. I know, a waste of time trying to reason with someone whose associates include Kodiak, Railbird, and Goochy-Goon.

G4 Lakers/Houston over 194 for 1.5%

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks and GL today. Also, noted that CLE and DEN were winners yesterday, good going.

ATX

I like the + juice, but 100 is available at WSEX, if anyone's looking. GL.

yep, I generally don't post something that isn't available at one of the big 5. I also don't always post vig, but I don't usually lay -110, in this 2h I liked the + b/c I had it solidly below 96.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Atl/Cle, I find it hard to bet Atlanta. I do tend to think the 2h goes under, but of course I need to see the 1st half first. No way I'm taking Dallas, but without 4 points it changes things, 2' might be w/a. I do like the under in this game, but I might wait until the half. very bad call with the Lakers today, torn between my position and what I usually do.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

I'm looking at tomorrows lines and really don't see shit. I'd rather pass than force something because I know boston will be put out at a short number at home plus the total will come down a point or two and the celts tt for next game is straight cash homey good luck in whatever you play

ATX

I'm looking at tomorrows lines and really don't see shit. I'd rather pass than force something because I know boston will be put out at a short number at home plus the total will come down a point or two and the celts tt for next game is straight cash homey good luck in whatever you play

precisely. I've got some numbers that work, but nothing as easy as the last 13. I am so pissed at myself about the Lakers game, EPIC misstep by me. Part of the reason I don't take road favorites, I take one, I start down that path...every other year I would have been on Houston and the ML for big money, so MANY things lined up for them. I think Dallas/Denver goes under with out all the ft's, I see the game as Denver running away with it and going under in the 2h, Mavs don't exactly have a lot of heart...Cleveland can pretty much name the score, but not sure how much of a sleepwalk for them, I tend to think Lebron really wants to close it out, he's hungry, but 10 points is a lot.

cheapseats

EOG Master

x, just a thought. timing is everything in this game, lakers got what they wanted with a split in game 3, the yao thing just happened to hit at game 4....i really think the 5th game goes lakes...

ATX

12 points is a lot. I can't really figure out any kind of consistency with the Lakers. Houston or pass, will prob close less than the opener. I don't see a whole lot of difference from game 1 to game 5 with the Lakers. They've lost home court, I'm going to look at the series price for LA. Which Lakers team shows up? When you compare it to Cleveland/Atlanta, Cavs are laying "only" 10? I just don't see this line being more than 8. The thing with the playoffs tho is that it's more about guessing what happens in each game by game...

ATX

I didn't mean that LA has lost home court advantage. They have lost the air of superiority. I think it basically breaks down into whether the Rockets can score enough in game 5. LA hasn't ever really played defense this year, they peaked early in the year with those games @Bos,Cle. The more I look at this game the more I don't like the under.

munson15

I want winners...

yep, I generally don't post something that isn't available at one of the big 5. I also don't always post vig, but I don't usually lay -110, in this 2h I liked the + b/c I had it solidly below 96.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Atl/Cle, I find it hard to bet Atlanta. I do tend to think the 2h goes under, but of course I need to see the 1st half first. No way I'm taking Dallas, but without 4 points it changes things, 2' might be w/a. I do like the under in this game, but I might wait until the half. very bad call with the Lakers today, torn between my position and what I usually do.
I thought I saw 10 on the Lakers at SIA yesterday, maybe it was 9, but I fully expected you to hedge out of that 3.5 and play for a juicy middle, at least partially. Except for Chlosme (spelling) I couldn't find anyone making a case for Houston. But, using my own methodology of fading line moves, I should have had Houston :doh1, and using your methodology of playing teams with injured stars the first game out, :doh1 it was Houston again. The signs were everywhere, but I ignored them. I passed, but ignored a great situation for the Rockets. Hinidsight being 20/20, I guess that figures.:doh1 I did very well on the Boston game, liked that 2H under, too. I like that idea of going against the total for the game at halftime, the line was more than 1/2 what had been scored and more than 1/2 what the full game total was. Hope that all made sense.

ATX

passing today? then I too shall pass

I think I'm going to take Denver for 1.1% at +2.5 I'm projecting. I don't like it much, but I don't see the Mavs motivation here. Dirk with hag problems, Dallas yet to beat Denver this year, basically zero chance to advance, the MAVS have HEART!! not!! probably something pops up with ATL/CLE at the half with a spread that high and total that low.

ATX

not exactly the BEST two teams to go over with, but this angle is a gold mine in the regular season. Also, if I'm not mistaken, one half between Atl/Cle has gone over 92 in every game this series.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Good luck ATX...that is the way I lean with the poor shooting and low score in the 1h but laying off. Should be a decent over if Atl can keep it fairly close.