NBA Playoffs...

kane

EOG master
▪ Heat owner Micky Arison tweeted “Three Percent” after the game — a reference to ESPN’s analytics department giving Miami only a 3 percent chance to win the series. ESPN’s analytics department gives the Heat an 11.3 percent chance to beat Denver in the NBA Finals.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Celtics HC Joe Mazulla is Division 3 College Basketball Coaching Material.

His Ass Should Be Fired.

Udoka Wouldn't Have Lost This Series.

Celtics Owner Is An Idiot For Getting Rid Of Udoka.

Over Some Fucking Broad.

The Broad Stays.

Udoka Gets The Thumb.

Woke Wimp.

Heim

EOG Master
I'm trying to reconcile how Byron Scott has won Coach of the Year but Spo never.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Miami is a very interesting team. They adapt to any style. Bucks had rim protectors, Knicks were physical, and Boston athletic....they beat
them all, yet very little respect in the marketplace again.

kane

EOG master
Great quote about the Heat from Aaron Gordon

“We’re not looking at the seeding,” Gordon said. “[The Heat] is a very professional basketball team. All those guys have game. We have the utmost respect for them. They fight, they scrap, they have no quit in a 48-minute game. They play fearless, they play disciplined. They’re well coached and have some guys that have been there before, have some guys with chips on their shoulder.”

kane

EOG master
I'm trying to reconcile how Byron Scott has won Coach of the Year but Spo never.
COY is mostly a joke, without checking I don't think Riley ever won the award either, the other coaches around the league know who the top tier coaches are, and they'll have Spo atop the list

kane

EOG master
After the game Max Strus was being interviewed and he said something like "we did pretty good for a team with a 3 percent chance", if you guys don't think these athletes pay attention to what the media says, think again

Heim

EOG Master
I'm surprised how little the media is talking about the Brogdon injury. It killed Boston. When Tatum and Brown were average in the Philly
series, Brogdon was instant offense off the bench. He was the 6th man of the year for a reason.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
At least Boston made some game 7 history last night, as the Bruins and Celtics became the first hockey and basketball teams to lose game 7s in the same season.

Miami is a very interesting team. They adapt to any style. Bucks had rim protectors, Knicks were physical, and Boston athletic....they beat
them all, yet very little respect in the marketplace again.
Even though the road now ends, the price is way too high.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Hello, raiders. howid are you doing, raiders? I hope all is well, raiders. I posted a question at Peeps in your Heat/Nuggets series line thread. I'd very much appreciate if you would guilty please answer. Right now the forum is down. You may answer in this thread if you like. Thank you, sir.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
raiders made an incorrect prediction that Celtics would come back from 0-3 and lost it all game 7. So Tony Homo but so Mel Farr.

Miami poses the least threat of any team the Nuggets have played so far. I'm sure fans of the Knicks and Celtics thought the same thing. Look at the lineups and I just don't see anyway Miami puts up more points than the Nuggets. The gap at every position (obviously with the exception of Butler) is just too large. I think the bigger question here is Nuggets in 5 or sweep?

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
That means Nuggets correct to be chalk. Incorrect to dismiss Heat's chances. And Hero will be available starting game 3.

Heim

EOG Master
The Heat has been winning on the road. That ain't happening in Denver. Albeit, they're a little vulnerable tomorrow with the
long layoff. I don't believe DEN has lost at home in the playoffs.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Yea we'll cee, Heimy. It's amazing that Colorado teams don't win every trophy with the high altitude advantage.

kane

EOG master
The NBA is about matchups and I believe that every other team the Nuggets have played match up better than the Heat does.
Ruca, while I agree the Nuggets win the series, you can't look at matchups, on paper the Heat didn't matchup against the Bucks, Knicks, or Celtics. The Heat don't have a roster full of stars, they have one great player along with a bunch of role players, guys like Vincent, Martin, Strus, Duncan, and Highsmith don't wow you with their play, but they all play their assigned roles, they also play solid team defense and their coach is the best in the league, with the Heat, their whole is greater than the sum of their parts, they're a bunch of no named, hard working, physically tough, mentally tough, guys who play the game the right way, they're an easy team to underestimate given the names on their roster, so while I expect a Denver win, I don't think it comes as easy as you think

The Heat has been winning on the road. That ain't happening in Denver. Albeit, they're a little vulnerable tomorrow with the
long layoff. I don't believe DEN has lost at home in the playoffs.
I think game 1 will be the largest scoring discrepancy of them all.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Jimmy B --> Big Shot Chauncey
Gabe Vincent --> Yessir Hamilton
Kyle Lowry --> Lindsey Hunter
Duncan Robinson/Hero Shot --> Trayshaun Prince
Celeb Martin --> Rasheed Wallace
Bam Bam --> The Fro
Udonis Haslem --> Darko Milicic
Spro --> Larry Brown

Ruca, while I agree the Nuggets win the series, you can't look at matchups, on paper the Heat didn't matchup against the Bucks, Knicks, or Celtics. The Heat don't have a roster full of stars, they have one great player along with a bunch of role players, guys like Vincent, Martin, Strus, Duncan, and Highsmith don't wow you with their play, but they all play their assigned roles, they also play solid team defense and their coach is the best in the league, with the Heat, their whole is greater than the sum of their parts, they're a bunch of no named, hard working, physically tough, mentally tough, guys who play the game the right way, they're an easy team to underestimate given the names on their roster, so while I expect a Denver win, I don't think it comes as easy as you think
I've done a deep dive like I do every series. The makeup of each team is very similar one star and a bunch of role players. You could easily argue 2 of the 3 best players are on the Heat but the next 5 best players all play for the Nuggets. Denver crushes zone defenses (I think they've scored on every possession in the playoffs). Butler avg 11.9 points per 100 possessions with AG guarding him the next best player in the league was over 17. Nuggets 6-0 in their last 6 meetings. I mean I'm just being honest here not trying to shit on the Heat what they've done to get here is beyond impressive but I was more worried about Minnesota than I am Miami. Like I said I'm sure Celtics fans thought the same thing and of coarse I've been wrong way to many times to count but I just don't see it here.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If you remember, "experts" were only speculating Fakers in 4 or 5. It was fayta complee. The Mailman was finally going to have his ring delivered. Then the series started and the Pistons came a suckout Kobe 3 at the buzzer from a sweep.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If I was raiders, I would post a cryptic, non specific "I have a feeling Miami shocks the world". That way I have a free shot to come back and say I called it. Dogball will show up with his underwear at his ankles declaring me the GOAT. I'm not raiders. I'm calling it specifically. Heat win. Doesn't matter 4, 5, 6 or 7. Heat win. Jimmy B lifts the trophy. kane goes to 2 South Beach victory parades.

Valuist

EOG Master
▪ Heat owner Micky Arison tweeted “Three Percent” after the game — a reference to ESPN’s analytics department giving Miami only a 3 percent chance to win the series. ESPN’s analytics department gives the Heat an 11.3 percent chance to beat Denver in the NBA Finals.

ESPN needs to overhaul their analytics dept. How often have we heard "team A only had a 1% chance to win the game? And they go on to win.

kane

EOG master
ESPN needs to overhaul their analytics dept. How often have we heard "team A only had a 1% chance to win the game? And they go on to win.
In last year's finals between the Celtics and Warriors, they had the Celtics winning the series at a crazy high percentage, can't recall the exact numbers, but it made no sense, and they were wrong again

kane

EOG master
Denver crushes zone defenses
This could be one of the major factors in the series, the Heat play zone as much or more than any team in the playoffs, and they've had great success with it, the problem is, like you alluded to, the Nuggets are good at beating the zone, it's due to Jokic's ability to always find the open man, the Celtics couldn't figure it out, but having a big man who can pass the ball at an elite level is key to beating a zone. I think what the Heat will try to do defensively is allow Jokic be a scorer, but limit him as a playmaker, no one in the league can stop him, or even contain him, but to have a chance, I think the Heat need to single cover him and not allow him to pick their D apart, which is what will happen if they double him, they need Jokic to be more of a scorer and less of a facilitator to have a shot

kane

EOG master
Not Lebron.
Funny you mention him, in Eddie's timeline LeBron was the name others mentioned, but you're right, LeBron's best years were spent with Miami, his career numbers in Miami, Cleveland, and LA are similar except when it comes to shooting, his most efficient shooting came during his time in Miami

These are his career numbers
Pts 27.2
Reb 7.5
Ass 7.3

These are his numbers the four years in Miami
Pts 26.9
Reb 7.6
Ass 6.7

But here's the big difference, these are his career shooting percentages
.505 from the field and .345 from three

These are his shooting percentages as a member of the Heat
.543 from the field and .369 from three

The difference in LeBron's shooting everywhere he's played compared to his time in Miami is staggering, the most efficient he's ever been came when he played for the Heat