NBA Playoffs...

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Good point, Birdie. And it raises a question. If this was the Bad Boy defense era, would Lebron still be playing?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I am going to confidently post no. He'd be long gone. He'd be forced to play defense and get banged up on offense. That era not given enough praise. That's when men were men. I remember playoff totals in the high 150's and went under. Maybe it was 170's but I remember some clevfan under 160.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Good point, Birdie. And it raises a question. If this was the Bad Boy defense era, would Lebron still be playing?

Of course not. He was afraid last night when Brooks got in his face......

Almost quit the game when Nowitski challenged him in that finals with Dallas.

Even the talking heads mentioned they saw FEAR in his eyes.

Great talent, great potential, no heart.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going and Brick gets on the next bus out of town..... :)

choslamshe

EOG Master
Nurse firing in Toronto too harsh. Team doesn't have the pieces to contend as they have too many of the 'same player.' That said, moving a Barnes, Van Vleet, OJ, or Pascal is likely to draw interest and bring in the right players to instantly make them a contender again. Very athletic team that just needs to move the right player(s) and find their identity. Not far off of being a top 4 team in the conference, in my opinion.

Nurse a good coach - dumb decision to fire him unless there was something behind the scenes going on.

kane

EOG master
Nurse firing in Toronto too harsh. Team doesn't have the pieces to contend as they have too many of the 'same player.' That said, moving a Barnes, Van Vleet, OJ, or Pascal is likely to draw interest and bring in the right players to instantly make them a contender again. Very athletic team that just needs to move the right player(s) and find their identity. Not far off of being a top 4 team in the conference, in my opinion.

Nurse a good coach - dumb decision to fire him unless there was something behind the scenes going on.
I agree about Nurse, I mean it wasn't that long ago the guy won a Chip, the Raptors are a pretty sharp organization, and it wasn't like they were terrible this year, like you say maybe some behind the scenes stuff, but on the surface this firing doesn't make much sense, don't think he'll be unemployed for long

choslamshe

EOG Master
Stick a fork in the Cavs...

Mitchell as big of 'superstar' loser as there is. Falls short in big games. Doesn't make his team better. Same ol going back to his Jazz days.

Cavs can't match depth production and energy. Doubt Cavs extend the series at home...

Heim

EOG Master
Cavs know the numbers down 3-1. Pinnacle was giving the Knicks for cheap, spread & ML

I hope they're wrong.

Heim

EOG Master
Coach of the Year Brown made a huge blunder with 10.4 and SAC grabbing the rebound. Curry was down on the floor after missing in the lane, SAC ready to push with a man down.....Brown calls a TO.

Noooooo!

Heim

EOG Master
I think SAC just broke the win and cover streak in the playoffs at 45. Amazingly teams that won covered 45 straight games.

Valuist

EOG Master
Nobody who bet over in Denver/Minnesota can complain. Even with 30 over time points, the game still landed under.

kane

EOG master
The Bucks made a big mistake at the end of the game, after Jimmy missed that last free throw the Bucks grabbed the rebound with like 8.7 seconds remaining, they had one TO left, but instead of calling it, the rebounder passed it to Giannis who dribbled down court and eventually lost possession and that was it, had they called their last TO after getting the rebound, they would have been able to inbound at midcourt with 8.7, let's say they hit a three with 4 seconds left, not an impossible scenario, then they foul immediately, the Heat go to the line up 2 with a few seconds left, one miss and the Bucks would have had a chance, without a TO it makes it tough, but they could have been one missed free throw away from having a chance, by not calling TO after the missed free throw rebound, and advancing the ball up court, it took up too much time, curious to see if any of the talking heads even mentions it, I doubt it.

Heim

EOG Master
Bad break literally for SAC. Looks like Fox out with fractured finger on shooting hand GM5 and possibly series.

Heim

EOG Master
It's mind boggling how many millions changed hands with that Memphis intentional foul with .03
left moving margin from 4 to 6.

Refs certainly know the spread.

Heim

EOG Master
I have to think a healthy Tyus Jones is better than a one armed Morant who literally shot them out of the game.

He has nothing outside with that wrist. Plus the drives tonight were reckless, out of control.

Heim

EOG Master
The Bucks made a big mistake at the end of the game, after Jimmy missed that last free throw the Bucks grabbed the rebound with like 8.7 seconds remaining, they had one TO left, but instead of calling it, the rebounder passed it to Giannis who dribbled down court and eventually lost possession and that was it, had they called their last TO after getting the rebound, they would have been able to inbound at midcourt with 8.7, let's say they hit a three with 4 seconds left, not an impossible scenario, then they foul immediately, the Heat go to the line up 2 with a few seconds left, one miss and the Bucks would have had a chance, without a TO it makes it tough, but they could have been one missed free throw away from having a chance, by not calling TO after the missed free throw rebound, and advancing the ball up court, it took up too much time, curious to see if any of the talking heads even mentions it, I doubt it.

Sometimes I feel Holiday is their best player. As goes Holiday so goes the Bucks.

Heim

EOG Master
These coaches make big money like Jenkins from Memphis yet he coaches like he's never seen James last seconds of a game. Either a power move dribble drive right or fake (drive) and pull up for a jump shot.

Even Bane said everyone knew what was coming but didn't defend it right post-game.

It cost them advancing.

Heim

EOG Master
In the battle of ex Bulls, who was better at their peak? Scottie Pippen or Jimmy Butler?

Impossible to compare. One's a pure scorer, the other did stuff well knowing his role.

Naturally Pippen's offense was subdued when everything was run thru MJ.

Gun to head I would take Pippen's overall game.

kane

EOG master
Tough call, but I'd lean Jimmy, both elite defensively, neither guy known for their offense, but both guys were/are great all around players, to me Jimmy gets the edge due to his late game play, in a close game late, you can put the ball in Jimmy's hands and he'll either score or make a play for a teammate, one of the best closers in the game

Heim

EOG Master
I hope Lakers can close out Memphis GM6 in LA, cause they ain't winning GM7 in Memphis.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Guilty please note. I bet Memphis before Fakers and I probably have more Memphis tickets although since earlier probably not as many "high quality" tickets.

Heim

EOG Master
Why did Holiday make the 2nd ft with 2.1 left? A intentional miss off the rim, scramble for ball, game over. 2.1 enough time for Jimmy to put it to OT.