NBA Refs SUCK

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Let the record state: I hate ripping officials doing a level of game I will never reach (I also had NO action on this game at all)

But I am also fed with with the pure INCOMPETENCY of the so-called "best refs in the game" - NBA Refs. We all saw how pathetic they were at the end of the Lakers/Celtics game.

Today - they might have done even worse.

Rockets up 128-127 in the dying seconds. Kings inbound the ball to De'Aaron Fox who tries the game winning 3. Eric Gordon gets called for the "foul"

Justin Van Duyne made this call. IF I WAS ADAM SILVER JUSTIN VAN DUYNE WOULD BE FIRED. TONIGHT!

Fox Kicks back his leg - Gordan gets called for the "foul"

DISGRACEFUL!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I respectfully disagree, WINK.

Eric Gordon made contact with Fox when Fox elevated for the jumper.

Fox's leg kick was a non-factor.

Gordon did not protest.

Will be interested in reading the Last Two Minute Report tomorrow.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I respectfully disagree, WINK.

Eric Gordon made contact with Fox when Fox elevated for the jumper.

Fox's leg kick was a non-factor.

Gordon did not protest.

Will be interested in reading the Last Two Minute Report tomorrow.

100% agree. IF the NBA is honest here they will call this an "IC" - incorrect call

Ray Luca

EOG Master
We must be watching something different. I do not see a bump. I see Fox kicking back his leg and initiating contact with Gordon. No argument from him because he knows doing so is pointless

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230209_005036_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230209_005036_Chrome.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 13

kane

EOG master
Okay, here's my take. I was watching the game live when this play happened, and from all the replays I saw I thought it was a phantom foul, from the replays I saw I didn't see any contact and thought the refs blew it, but the replay that Winky linked clearly shows a foul on Gordon, when they show the replay from behind you see Fox elevate, then you see his body shift slightly while in mid air, it's subtle, but you can see his body move, there's no way a body can move sideways while in mid air, the only way his body moves like that is from contact, to me the correct call was made, and I'd be willing to wager when the two minute report comes out it will exonerate the ref who made the call, if a Rockets fan wants to blame someone, blame Gordon for committing a bone headed foul

kane

EOG master
We must be watching something different. I do not see a bump. I see Fox kicking back his leg and initiating contact with Gordon. No argument from him because he knows doing so is pointless
Good point about Fox kicking his leg out, however that action wasn't what drew the contact, Gordon makes contact regardless of the leg kicking out. Now, had the contact been made on his leg, then it's different, in fact I can make the case the reason he kicked out his leg was due to the contact, it looks like the leg kicks out after the contact, not before. Also, as far as Gordon not arguing because it was pointless, when was the last time you saw a player argue a foul and the refs changed the call, I don't know if I've ever seen it happen, but that doesn't stop these guys from arguing almost every foul call, the reason Gordon didn't argue is he knew he made contact, I mean think about it, if you're Gordon and you know you never touched him, you would have gone ballistic, at the very least you would have talked to the ref about it, but Gordon never opened his mouth, never looked at the ref, never said anything, that alone tells you he knew he made contact, I might expect that from a rookie, but a veteran like Gordon should know better

Heim

EOG Master
Obvious leg kick was to get the call after the fact. You have to do some acting to get these guys attention.

See Lebron James.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
In my opinion the call (or if it were a non call) couldve gone either way. Contact was ticky tack, but can be seen with the naked eye on the replay I saw. Acting job was on point. Kings could use every win they salvage out west down the stretch given all of the activity during the trading deadline in the race for the postseason.

kane

EOG master
Contact was ticky tack,
I agree the contact was minimal, and had it happened on the floor I would have thought it a bad call, but when a shooter is in the air, any type of contact, no matter how slight, will affect his shot attempt, and that's what happened to Fox, there isn't much contact from Gordon, but even the slightest bit of contact will throw off a shooter mid air

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
From the NBA's Last Two Minute Report:

Gordon (HOU) initiates lower body contact to Fox (SAC) while he is in his shooting motion and before the expiration of time.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
For once I agree with Winky. :)

None of the angles show clear contact, but rather just optical illusions from bad angles. Only a directly overhead camera angle or one pointed at the space between the two could clearly show contact if it existed.

Interesting.

Incontrovertible video evidence was not available here, according to CB.

So the call on the floor stands?

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Gordon didn't argue because Houston is tanking and was a going away present for the organization.

Eric Gordon adjusted his junk seconds after the foul because his private parts made contact with Fox's backside.

Now there's a creative use of replay.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
No. All the available video evidence showed no contact, therefore no foul.

Hmmm...

But the call on the floor was a foul.

I assumed the refs would need to see "indisputable evidence that the call on the floor was incorrect."

If the only camera angle (overhead) to provide the correct answer was unavailable, then we will never know the ultimate truth.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Hmmm...

But the call on the floor was a foul.

I assumed the refs would need to see "indisputable evidence that the call on the floor was incorrect."

If the only camera angle (overhead) to provide the correct answer was unavailable, then we will never know the ultimate truth.

There is no video evidence of contact, thus it is indisputable that the call on the floor was incorrect. How hard is that to understand?

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Like I said about Kay Thompson weeks ago, these guys are playing defense but bullshit calls by the refs negate it.

The thing that pisses me off the most is these guys wilding out on the shot attempts to bait the zebras as well.

Technically, I guess Gordon fouled him but come on man. I would have needed a little more umph from Gordon to call it especially in that moment.