NBA Wednesday *In-Game Thread*

carolinakid

Banned
Re: NBA Wednesday *In-Game Thread*

cant wish you luck tonite in the bulls game playing the dog here tonite, but bol in the dallas game..........ck

The Bulls may very well cover the spread tonight, but I have seen enough of them to see they are not playing their best ball and haven't yet this playoffs. It's disturbing to see a team play 7 playoff games and not put together a great game. Championship teams don't have droughts like this.

This Jeff Teague character just may be as good as Kirk Hinrich offensively. I'm impressed with his willingness to shoot, his crisp passing, and his ability to drive to the basket. Mind you he's only being guarded by Derrick Rose.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

This Jeff Teague character just may be as good as Kirk Hinrich offensively. I'm impressed with his willingness to shoot, his crisp passing, and his ability to drive to the basket. Mind you he's only being guarded by Derrick Rose.
Rose has been guarding Jamal Crawford for nearly 23 minutes of this game. That's why I hate that the assumptions are always that positions guard positions. Rose has shut down Crawford when he's been on the floor, and only allowed 8 of Teague's points but people match up positions.

Teague was a great scorer at Wake, and that's never been his issue. Very talented player.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The Bulls may very well cover the spread tonight, but I have seen enough of them to see they are not playing their best ball and haven't yet this playoffs. It's disturbing to see a team play 7 playoff games and not put together a great game. Championship teams don't have droughts like this.
They've played a damn good game tonight. Defensive minded teams rarely get the respect that offensive teams get because their wins are so much uglier. The Hawks hit a ton of contested shots in game 1 that they wouldn't hit over a series, and they distorted the view of the Bulls performance. Their defense has been great in thin series so far, and their offense will never be great because they only have 1 guy that can create his own shot - it's an alarming thing to me so don't think I'm discarding that problem. Defense is so good that they'll never be out of a basketball game.

Korver has been guarding Teague most of the game.

I will admit I have not been entirely focused on the snooze-fest that is Atlanta-Chicago. I was predominantly watching the Bruins take care of business against Philly, but from what I have seen Teague was being guarded by Rose. Either way, an impressive performance by Teague.

Anyone else notice the trend of home teams who lose game 1 of a series at home outright covering in game 2? I believe only Orlando has failed to do so. Lakers -7 fits the bill.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I will admit I have not been entirely focused on the snooze-fest that is Atlanta-Chicago. I was predominantly watching the Bruins take care of business against Philly, but from what I have seen Teague was being guarded by Rose. Either way, an impressive performance by Teague.

Anyone else notice the trend of home teams who lose game 1 of a series at home outright covering in game 2? I believe only Orlando has failed to do so. Lakers -7 fits the bill.
I think Lakers cover tonight - put a small recreational wager in on them.

Rose played Teague for 6 of his points tonight according to the site I use. He didn't guard him on 1 of Teague's second half points. Rose shut down Crawford according to the site I use. Rose is a damn good defender. Rose needs to stop shooting so many jumpers, but his ankle is bothering him I'm sure and these 3 days off will save him. Love me some Rose, but he needs to stop taking so many shots. He was an effective 10-27 (which I've only said about 1 player before, Lebron, so it's not something I say often) but he still wasn't great.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Lakers fucking suck. 2938u4ji23

Odom is the best player on their team.

The Heatles will win the championship...

The Lakers will win this game tonight.

No team is playing better ball than the Heatles (thanks for the reference, Tripp).

Just got me some Lakers -6 -105 2H. Surprised this is not the public play, with Dallas +6 at -115.

I was hoping L.A. would be trailing at the half to get in on this at a reduced price.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Took a little bite of Lakers -3 3rd quarter.

I'm not confident they'll win this game even though I really need them too, but they should get the lead in the 3rd with Kobe playing almost all of it. Phil sits Kobe for like the first 5-6 minutes of the 4th every game.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Hope it's a Kobe vs Dirk epic battle down the stretch - that's what basketball is about.

Steve Blake is garbage. WTF is he doing in the game? Put in Fisher!

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Steve Blake is garbage. WTF is he doing in the game? Put in Fisher!
:( I was a huge advocate of the Steve Blake acquisition and thought it would be huge this post season. I have no fucking clue what he's doing right now... Keep the faith in you're shot man, you've hit some huge ones. Fuck!

Just give the ball to Kobe and get the fuck out of his way this quarter. Please.

I cannot recall a playoff game where Kobe played so passively, deferring to Gasol, Artest, and (gasp!) Steve Blake of all people.

Jesus Christ, Blake with a fucking shot that didn't even hit the rim to start the fourth.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Steve Blake, what is wrong with your shot? WTF?!?!?! Give the ball to Kobe you chumps, and put him back in the game. Bail me out Kobe, please - just one more time.

And now Blake leaves Terry unguarded for a wide open three! Does Phil Jackson have money on the Mavs? GET THIS GUY OUT OF THE GAME!

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The Lakers supporting cast = most overrated in basketball. Put Kobe in the game and get the fuck out the way.

Apple

Banned

I'm feeling a Mavs/Heat Finals, rematch of 06..

Lakers season is on the line right here, down 10 with less than 10 mins left..

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

And now Blake leaves Terry unguarded for a wide open three! Does Phil Jackson have money on the Mavs? GET THIS GUY OUT OF THE GAME!
Blake is a great defensive player though, I'll say that much. Not sure what the guys issues are tonight - my lord.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'm feeling a Mavs/Heat Finals, rematch of 06..

Lakers season is on the line right here, down 10 with less than 10 mins left..
I wouldn't dare say a Lakers game is over before the Mamba comes back in. No clue what he has in the tank right now - he's been playing conservatively all night.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Why do you guys think Gyno overreacts to every single game of the playoffs? 2348ji23e

Phil kept Kobe and Fish on the bench too long. The first 4 minutes of the fourth quarter with the series virtually on the line is too long.