NBA win totals

kane

EOG master
LMAO. Boogie puts to shame the majority of guys on that list; he's at a different level.

I guess you're not factoring in defense, we'll have to agree to disagree if you think Boogie is still a top 3 center in the league, at one time, yes, but not now

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Boogie is not a top 3 center. Embiid, Jokic, Horford, Vucevic, Gasol, Capela, Drummond, KAT, Gobert, that's just off the top of my head

Hold on. I thought that fucking fraud, the Usurper King, had no help? Are you kidding me, he had 2 All-stars and great role players surrounding him.

kane

EOG master
If the league viewed him as a top 3 center, he wouldn't have been sitting around while all the top free agents were signing with teams, and he certainly would have gotten a better offer than 1 year for 3.5 Million. A top 3 center would have received contract offers for more than 1 year. I might take Looney over him as well, again I'm factoring in defense

kane

EOG master
Hold on. I thought that fucking fraud, the Usurper King, had no help? Are you kidding me, he had 2 All-stars and great role players surrounding him.

Making the all star team doesn't mean you're a star, Kawhi was the only star on that team, and yes, he had a bunch of really good role players who all chipped in and played well, of course Kawhi didn't win the title on his own, but he was the only star player on that team

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I guess you're not factoring in defense, we'll have to agree to disagree if you think Boogie is still a top 3 center in the league, at one time, yes, but not now

Why? He's 28 and entering his prime. He's been hurt.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If the league viewed him as a top 3 center, he wouldn't have been sitting around while all the top free agents were signing with teams, and he certainly would have gotten a better offer than 1 year for 3.5 Million. A top 3 center would have received contract offers for more than 1 year. I might take Looney over him as well, again I'm factoring in defense

I don't care how anyone else views him, could care less. I've seen him play, he's 28 and in his prime, he hasn't all of a sudden forgotten how to play the game; he just needs to stay healthy.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
a key to the wager is Lebron's motivation. If he is just gonna bring the ball up, pass it off and stand by the ref again all game, then this wager is not so good

kane

EOG master
Why? He's 28 and entering his prime. He's been hurt.

And that's why he's not a top 3 center, it's tough to return to previous form after suffering an achilles injury, then in last year's playoffs he tore his quad, his body is breaking down. And I'll say it again, top 3 centers get better offers than 1 year 3.5 Million

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Are you telling me that if he doesn't blow his Achilles, he's not a Max Player?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
And that's why he's not a top 3 center, it's tough to return to previous form after suffering an achilles injury, then in last year's playoffs he tore his quad, his body is breaking down. And I'll say it again, top 3 centers get better offers than 1 year 3.5 Million

And I'll ask again:

If Boogie doesn't tear his achilles, is he or is he not a Max player?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Then why is Embid on your list? He's always hurt.

kane

EOG master
I don't care how anyone else views him, could care less[/B]. I've seen him play, he's 28 and in his prime, he hasn't all of a sudden forgotten how to play the game; he just needs to stay healthy.

So the fact that the coaches and GM's around the league don't view him as a top 3 center means nothing to you because you've seen him play, if you think you know more about him than the coaches and GM's, then so be it, we'll have to agree to disagree.

MrTop

EOG Master
Embid, Jokic, ????,.. Haven't seen much of KAT but yeah, Boogie is Top-3. Why do we forget how good this guy is/was becuase he was coming back from a torn achilles and then tore his Quad. He may start, he may come off the bench, either way, he's gonna be a fucking problem for teams.

you are dreaming he is top 3 in NBA

kane

EOG master
And I'll ask again:

If Boogie doesn't tear his achilles, is he or is he not a Max player?

First off, he did tear his achilles, that's not something you can just pretend didn't happen. Second, imo, even without that injury I don't think he's a max player. Of course I could be wrong, but I have a hard time believing a team would have offered him a 4 year/141 Million dollar contract. The best he could do was 1 year 3.5 Million, I know it doesn't matter to you, but if the league viewed him as a top 3 center, surely someone would have offered him a better contract, the fact the best he could do was 1 year/3.5M should tell you all you need to know

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
So the fact that the coaches and GM's around the league don't view him as a top 3 center means nothing to you because you've seen him play, if you think you know more about him than the coaches and GM's, then so be it, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yes. I don't care. I've seen him play.

GM's? Who cares. If Dell Demps listened to me, he wouldn't have got his ass fired, which I called, and the Pels would have gotten a better deal than they got, which I called. No one was matching that Laker deal either then or later.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
First off, he did tear his achilles, that's not something you can just pretend didn't happen. Second, imo, even without that injury I don't think he's a max player. Of course I could be wrong, but I have a hard time believing a team would have offered him a 4 year/141 Million dollar contract. The best he could do was 1 year 3.5 Million, I know it doesn't matter to you, but if the league viewed him as a top 3 center, surely someone would have offered him a better contract, the fact the best he could do was 1 year/3.5M should tell you all you need to know

He's also a year removed from it. When has his game ever relied on explosiveness? He's crafty.

kane

EOG master
Embid, Jokic, ????,.. Haven't seen much of KAT but yeah, Boogie is Top-3. Why do we forget how good this guy is/was becuase he was coming back from a torn achilles and then tore his Quad. He may start, he may come off the bench, either way, he's gonna be a fucking problem for teams.

Career numbers for Boogie

21.2 pts 10.9 rebs .461 FG%

Career numbers for KAT

22.3 pts 11.9 rebs .537 FG%

Of course there's more that factors in than the stats I posted, but since you said you haven't seen him play much, I figured I'd post his numbers

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Career numbers for KAT

Of course there's more that factors in than the stats I posted, but since you said you haven't seen him play much, I figured I'd post his numbers

Thanks. I could be wrong, I mentioned KAT as a possible 3rd option but ruled him out cause I haven't seen him play much. I don't know everything but I know Boogie is as bad as they come and bad meaning good.

kane

EOG master
The guy is basically unstoppable.

You keep forgetting about defense, during the finals there were times when Kerr had to take Boogie out due to him getting beat defensively. Remember, I'm judging him now, not pre injury, we don't know what type of player he'll be after the major injury, but I don't think he'll be the same player, if he proves me wrong, then so be it, but right now you'll never convince me he's a top 3 center

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Career numbers for KAT

I love Boogies game and you mentioned his defense, if he was better at it, he'd probably be my 5th favorite player.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
You keep forgetting about defense, during the finals there were times when Kerr had to take Boogie out due to him getting beat defensively. Remember, I'm judging him now, not pre injury, we don't know what type of player he'll be after the major injury, but I don't think he'll be the same player, if he proves me wrong, then so be it, but right now you'll never convince me he's a top 3 center

I just mentioned his defense and he was coming off a torn quad early.

kane

EOG master
Thanks. I could be wrong, I mentioned KAT as a possible 3rd option but ruled him out cause I haven't seen him play much. I don't know everything but I know Boogie is as bad as they come and bad meaning good.

KAT's a little immature, and doesn't always play hard (just ask Jimmy Butler), but the guy oozes talent, and he hasn't even reached his prime yet, he's only 23, he hasn't reached his ceiling yet

kane

EOG master
I respect your opinion Game, but like I've said, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Now once the season starts, and as the season progresses, we'll see how Boogie plays and then we can see who's right

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I respect your opinion Game, but like I've said, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Now once the season starts, and as the season progresses, we'll see how Boogie plays and then we can see who's right

UniBronOogie by seasons end :) This season won't tell the full Boggie tale; he's just entering his prime.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Career numbers for KAT

Also:

LBJ is a better scorer than Westbrook.

LBJ is a better passer than Westbrook.

LBJ is a better rebounder than Westbrook.

LBJ has never averaged a triple-double for a season and Westbrook's done it twice. I like stats, but they have to be contextualized. Maybe KAT is flat-out better but I can't tell just from looking at his stats.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Come on Kane:

"At the moment, technically, there are 32 players set to earn max money in 2018-19. Here they are, listed by the team who’s paying them that money:"
  • Stephen Curry, Golden State: $37,457,154
  • Chris Paul, Houston: $35,654,150
  • LeBron James, LA Lakers: $35,654,150
  • Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City: $35,350,000
  • Blake Griffin, Detroit: $31,873,932
  • Gordon Hayward, Boston: $31,214,295
  • Paul George, Oklahoma City: $30,560,700
  • Mike Conley, Memphis: $30,521,115
  • James Harden, Houston: $30,421,854
  • Kevin Durant, Golden State: $30,000,000
  • Al Horford, Boston: $28,928,710
  • Chris Bosh, Miami: $26,837,720
  • Otto Porter, Washington: $26,011,913
  • Nikola Jokic, Denver: $25,467,250
  • Andrew Wiggins, Minnesota: $25,467,520
  • Anthony Davis, New Orleans: $25,434,263
  • Bradley Beal, Washington: $25,434,262
  • Andre Drummond, Detroit: $25,434,262
  • Joel Embiid, Philadelphia: $25,250,000
  • Hassan Whiteside, Miami: $24,434,262
  • Kevin Love, Cleveland: $24,119,025
  • Marc Gasol, Memphis: $24,119,025
  • Chandler Parsons, Memphis: $24,107,258
  • Harrison Barnes, Dallas: $24,107,258
  • Kawhi Leonard, Toronto: $23,114,066
  • LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio: $22,347,015
  • Kyrie Irving, Boston: $20,099,189
  • Jimmy Butler, Minnesota: $19,841,627
  • Enes Kanter, New York: $18,622,514
  • Wesley Matthews, Dallas: $18,622,513

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Weren't anonymous GM's talking shit about LBJ's defense? Some of these guys are just clowns. I've never in my life seen anyone match-hunt LBJ, it would be dumb. According to Synergy, LBJ's overall defense LY was in the 90th percentile. We see the Kings Hand push to close-out a shooter and we extrapolate from that that he is a shitty defender. It's lazy as fuck analysis. If you watch him play, night and night out, he's a +Defender, period.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Making the all star team doesn't mean you're a star, Kawhi was the only star on that team, and yes, he had a bunch of really good role players who all chipped in and played well, of course Kawhi didn't win the title on his own, but he was the only star player on that team

There were 2 max players playing for Toronto and 1 for Golden State.

I didn't start this War, Kawhi did.