NBC televising first MLB game

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Since the 2000 Subway World Series. Takes me back to Saturday afternoons listening to the weekend broadcast with Joe Garagiola and Vin Scully Nice change away from the TBS, ESPNs,, YES networks, mlbn, etc.

Last edited:

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
they are doing the fielder with the mic and ear buds during the live action I saw earlier. Had it on mute, but the ump got hurt and seemed like the dude had to do a lot of talking

Heim

EOG Master
Raised an eyebrow this morning....still recall Gowdy and Kubek Saturday morning.

Seems like the Yankees were always on.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Spent a few weeks in Chicago last month.

The White Sox have a dynamic television duo with the clever Jason Benetti and insightful Steve Stone.

Benetti brings out the best in Stone and vice versa.

The Cubs, on the other hand, are stuck with Jon Sciambi and Jim Deshaies, a terrible pairing.

Not good.

If the Cubs were smart, they would steal Benetti from the Sox.

He's that good.

Valuist

EOG Master
Brings back memories of Curt Gowdy and Tony Kubek doing the Game of the Week (not to be confused with Game of the Year).

I will take DeShaies over Benetti. DeShaies is a former player w/a decent sense of humor. Benetti seems anti-septic and a bit woke. The PC hire.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Spent a few weeks in Chicago last month.

The White Sox have a dynamic television duo with the clever Jason Benetti and insightful Steve Stone.

Benetti brings out the best in Stone and vice versa.

The Cubs, on the other hand, are stuck with Jon Sciambi and Jim Deshaies, a terrible pairing.

Not good.

If the Cubs were smart, they would steal Benetti from the Sox.

He's that good.
The Cubs need to take back Dylan Cease first.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Brings back memories of Curt Gowdy and Tony Kubek doing the Game of the Week (not to be confused with Game of the Year).

I will take DeShaies over Benetti. DeShaies is a former player w/a decent sense of humor. Benetti seems anti-septic and a bit woke. The PC hire.

I may have a soft spot for Jason Benetti because he attended a nearby high school (Homewood-Flossmoor).

He's also dealt with cerebral palsy which he contracted as a toddler.

Benetti is 38.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
There's precedent for Jason Benetti to switch from the White Sox to the Cubs.

Remember Harry Caray.

Not my personal favorite but baseball fans on both sides of town adored him.

Last edited: