NCAA MBB Referee assignments

Anyone have a link to where this information may reside? Specifically big ten assignments for 2/6.

I've searched the interwebs and have come up empty. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks. Bo Boroski has been one of the officials in 3 of 4 Wisconsin's Big Ten losses. He has been quick to pull the trigger on controversial Badger guard Davison. While I like the Illini -3 tomorrow, a Boroski assignment would move this to "lock of the millennium" status.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Bo Boroski is a country boy from Indiana. He broke into D1 because Eric Harmon, the MAC supervisor of officials, also was an Indiana guy. I've been out of that loop for many years, but when he was still only working D2 type ball, he used to run summertime baseball camps. He also worked a lot of Horizon League games before becoming a Big Ten superstar.

Meeting him in person many years ago, my initial reads on him were that he would be more than willing to do business...and it's even more likely now that he's one of the nation's top college basketball refs, he's doing plenty of business.

From Twitter - “Bo Boroski has reffed 6 Badger games. He was the ref in their last 3 losses: PSU, OSU, and Michigan as well as the Marquette game. They are 2-4 in his games, and 11-1 when he doesn’t.”

Post to post winner as Badgers never really threatened the number. Fouls ended up 16-10 in favor of Illinois. Wisconsin now 1-5 ATS in the first meeting of their conference double plays. They get Iowa at the Kohl Center 2/18. They are 2-0 ATS in the 2nd of their double plays with upcoming games against Nebraska 2/11, Michigan 2/14, Northwestern 2/21, Illinois 2/27 and Iowa 3/7.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Thanks. Bo Boroski has been one of the officials in 3 of 4 Wisconsin's Big Ten losses. He has been quick to pull the trigger on controversial Badger guard Davison. While I like the Illini -3 tomorrow, a Boroski assignment would move this to "lock of the millennium" status.

Post to post winners are nice. (y)

2 for 2 on games of the millennium. My first was Dec 1 1996 as the free pick on the Stardust score phone. Doubtful I will bag the hat trick in 2100.

railbird

EOG Master
Vinovich and crew have missed all 7 block charge calls in the bakersfield irvine game on espn u. still 9 min left for more bad calls.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Bo Borowlski is horrific. Every schools fans hate him. He is terrible in general, doesn't favor anybody. Eventually he will hit your team.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
All superstar refs have their favorite coaches and teams. It's just how the game is played. Donaghy laid out all of this sort of stuff in his books.

I'm glad that SpottedCow won his lock of the millenium. He apparently realizes that who officiates matters.

The Stardust Score phone !

The Good Old Days.

Yes, and it was my last free pick given out as a member of the sportsfax team. I was on a super hot streak giving out selections on the score phone. The antithesis of Stu Feiner. Calm, logic based selection with stats to back up the picks. Unbeknownst to me, the callers stopped dialing up Larry's 1 900 numbers and just waited for the free play. Cutting into the bosses revenue stream was not good. As I prepared my Sunday evening selection, Larry asked me what my pick was. He then told me I would just be voicing scores from now on, but he could set me up with a 900 number. He then voiced the free pick which was the opposite side of the selection I gave him, and of course it won. I was out the door just prior to Christmas.

I wish I had known then what I know now as sportsfax was one of the only gambling websites at that time. I was working on building out a forum section for him, but he didn't have the foresight (patience) to follow it through. I cringe everytime I see the covers stat sheets knowing I helped build that template. Coulda shoulda.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good story, Cow.

That Covers stat sheet provided just enough information to get you in trouble.

I remember the Stardust Handicapper's Library from the '80's and '90's.

Race and sports book director Joe Lupo once delivered a funny line about the handicapper's library located in a small alcove near the race and sports book.

The library was filled with scores and statistics provided by Computer Sports World.

When asked if he was afraid he was providing too much information to the wagering public, Lupo responded flatly, "We keep the good stuff in the back."

What was the good stuff at the time?

Answer: Jeff Sagarin's ratings.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
I was in the car driving and heard the announcers mention boroski making a call and was hoping Cow had Michigan today.

Did you get that info today pre-game from Twiter Cow?

Wisconsin has been solid in the 2nd game of their double plays this year so I stayed off the game, but took the badgers in the 1st half as a PK. A solid angle has been betting first half against teams coming off an extended COVID break like Michigan did today (21 days off).

Wisconsin beat writer on Twitter is the source. Usually posts a Boroski assignment about 30 minutes prior to tip. See above (Jim Polzin)

Next opportunity will be Thursday as the Badgers have been dreadful (1-5 ATS) in the first of their double plays and they face Iowa. A Boroski assignment to that game would signal a bet on Iowa.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
I really struggled to not call in a 2h play from the car with Michigan trailing at halftime. The only cbb bets I made this season were during an early January Vegas trip.

My former lack of self discipline would have earned today.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I really struggled to not call in a 2h play from the car with Michigan trailing at halftime. The only cbb bets I made this season were during an early January Vegas trip.

My former lack of self discipline would have earned today.

You can tell Woodrow's a gambler.

The Michigan-Wisconsin game all seems so clear now.

Wisconsin in the first half, Michigan in the second half.

If only I could envision these scenarios before tipoff.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The make-up of Michigan's roster has a little bit of everything.

Gonzaga and Baylor are currently undefeated but look for Juwan Howard to win all the Coach of the Year awards.

Not that I follow the awards, but I can envision Mark Few and Scott Drew pointing to Howard's second season in Ann Arbor as monumental.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
JK After the recent Circa score, my plan is to hold onto my seed corn until September. Had I made this bet, win or lose, I would have been back into the daily grind.

Knowing Boroski was out there and down 12 at halftime is the type of bet I will make when I'm in daily action. I didn't know what the game line was then.

I still know what types of people some of these refs are. Spotted Cow correctly has identified one who has been regularly doing business for years in my opinion.

The make-up of Michigan's roster has a little bit of everything.

Gonzaga and Baylor are currently undefeated but look for Juwan Howard to win all the Coach of the Year awards.

Not that I follow the awards, but I can envision Mark Few and Scott Drew pointing to Howard's second season in Ann Arbor as monumental.

The smartest move Howard made was to add Phil Martelli to his staff. He's the true x's and o's coach, while Howard is the rah rah speech maker and recruiting face. Michigan will be a tough out in the tourney.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Juwan Howard definitely will get recruits. He landed Zeb Jackson from here last year...the best talent at least since William Buford who played at Ohio State.