NCAA MBB Referee assignments

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
You left out the Northwestern - Gonzaga 2nd round game a few years ago. I’ll assume you had Gonzaga or you made a score on tickets.

as a good ref says - play on.

Boroski's incompetency on full display the final minute of that game. 20 minutes to play 1 with multiple reviews. 2 beyond horrible calls on Wisconsin may have cost them the game. As I posted up thread, he has a hard on for Davison and that hook and hold call was exhibit 1. Usually quite Badger coach Gard lit up BB in post game presser. Twitter talking heads blasting BB.

Congrats WW on the win.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Boroski and Verne Harris just butted heads with an oob call.

Boroski is working on keeping his top notch B10 schedule.

In all fairness the right call was made and I can't blame the Lead (baseline) official. He is not in position to see the push from behind. The TRAIL official has that play and he follows it to the hoop just in case something like this happens.

I know I've been in a situation like that where the baseline official called a walk/charge and I had to come in and say a push in the back caused the walk/charge and my call happened first (Or Vice Versa) so I can't find fault here for both calls and then the one that happened first taking precedent.

railbird

EOG Master
In all fairness the right call was made and I can't blame the Lead (baseline) official. He is not in position to see the push from behind. The TRAIL official has that play and he follows it to the hoop just in case something like this happens.

I know I've been in a situation like that where the baseline official called a walk/charge and I had to come in and say a push in the back caused the walk/charge and my call happened first (Or Vice Versa) so I can't find fault here for both calls and then the one that happened first taking precedent.
im curiois if woodrow wilson agrees since he refs at a higher level than winky

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
It appeared to be a couple of big egos clashing and it didn't look good for tv imho.

Boroski appeared to be aggressively watching too much of the court last night.

In a blow to Big Ten college basketball fans, legendary clown Bo Boroski has announced his retirement. Good riddance

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Jeff Goodman

@GoodmanHoops

More changes with Big Ten officiating. Bo Boroski will retire. Announced this past June to CCA Division 1 Commissioners. This leaves the Bjg Ten with no primary officials that have worked the Final Four. Boroski has worked a trio of Final 4’s.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
I'm surprised to read this, for BB isn't what I'd consider too old to officiate big time ball.

He must have been promised an assigner job and will be able to move enough of his guys into the MAC, Horizon, and Big Ten.

That'll keep the cash machine in motion.

I just heard Monday that an official from my local association has been added to the Big Ten schedule for the upcoming season. He has been working MAC, Horizon, and Summit League games for several years.

There is big money operating summer camps for people who can get guys hired into leagues and a decent schedule. BB was operating baseball camps when we met at Rich Falk's Big Ten camp nearly 20 years ago. Eric Harmon, who then hired and assigned for much of the Indiana small college leagues, and later the MAC, took care of his Indiana guys like BB.