NCAA Week 8

rjt721

EOG Master
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRYANTA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="State"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Last Week: 3-3, +1.4
<o:p> </o:p>
YTD: 16-17, +.1
<o:p> </o:p>
3* <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Arizona</st1:place></st1:state> +2.5 (BookMaker)
2* Duke +5 (Greek)
2* Northwestern -3 -120 (BookMaker)
2* North Texas/UL-Monroe Over 66 (Greek)
1* <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Illinois</st1:place></st1:state> -15 (BookMaker)
1* <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Georgia</st1:place></st1:country-region> -14.5 (WSEX)
1* Pittsburgh/Navy Over 50.5 (BookMaker)

rjt721

EOG Master
Re: NCAA Week 8

arizona ? what are ya nuts
Yes.

But I could ask you the same thing if you're trying to justify Cal being favored in this spot. Cal's proven nothing away from home (Wazzou's a high school team, that doesn't count), while an experienced Arizona team is extremely dangerous in the dessert. Tedford's starting the wrong QB, a decision that's made worse by the fact Longshore, an extremely questionable decision-maker, is less than 100%. Jahvid Best, Cal's lone real threat on offense, is also also banged up, and although he's likely to play, he'll be doing so with basically one arm and the burden of having to offset Cal's lack of playmakers in the passing game. But I guess because 'Zona lost to a rapidly improving Stanford squad that still has an undeserved reputation of being a weak team, Cal somehow finds themselves favored, even if it's completely unwarranted and 'Zona's pass offense is made to expose a vulnerable Cal secondary.

approveme

EOG Addicted

Yes.

But I could ask you the same thing if you're trying to justify Cal being favored in this spot. Cal's proven nothing away from home (Wazzou's a high school team, that doesn't count), while an experienced Arizona team is extremely dangerous in the dessert. Tedford's starting the wrong QB, a decision that's made worse by the fact Longshore, an extremely questionable decision-maker, is less than 100%. Jahvid Best, Cal's lone real threat on offense, is also also banged up, and although he's likely to play, he'll be doing so with basically one arm and the burden of having to offset Cal's lack of playmakers in the passing game. But I guess because 'Zona lost to a rapidly improving Stanford squad that still has an undeserved reputation of being a weak team, Cal somehow finds themselves favored, even if it's completely unwarranted and 'Zona's pass offense is made to expose a vulnerable Cal secondary.

No. Actually I did not even know longshore was starting. Whats up with riley ? is the coach just that stupid ?

Even still Arizona defense has to be one of the worst in the country.

approveme

EOG Addicted

Did not even know Riley has been out of the mix 2 weeks... interesting.

Riley looked much much better than longshore early on..

Apple

Banned

No. Actually I did not even know longshore was starting. Whats up with riley ? is the coach just that stupid ?

Even still Arizona defense has to be one of the worst in the country.

Michigan State and Maryland were able to move the ball at will versus California's D..

nevadaside

EOG Senior Member

GL this week rj, really liking the situation grabbing pts @Hm w/ARIZ. Glad to see you & some other heavy hitters all over it, gives me more confidence with my 2*'s.

As always, hope you KILL those Books again this week.

:cheers

pags11

EOG Dedicated

rjt,

I agree completely with your analysis of the Cal vs. Arizona game...with you on them and Duke...GL this week...

approveme

EOG Addicted

Michigan State and Maryland were able to move the ball at will versus California's D..

I don't think they played too terrible against MSU, and I will throw out the maryland game. I have lost track of this team over the last couple weeks, but I know the way CAL was playing early on in the season they were about 10 points better than Arizona.

Two key injuries to look at against a potent Arizona offense. Right now they are missing their best defensive linemen. Their starting saftey should be back after missing the last 2 games, but it remains to be seen how affective he will be.

I still lean CAL.

nevadaside

EOG Senior Member

EXCELLENT call on that PITT/NAVY Over, I don't think I would've spotted that without your attention to it. Glad we hit AZ too, that one was never really in question IMO.

CASHED that muthu, thanks man.............:cheers

rjt721

EOG Master

EXCELLENT call on that PITT/NAVY Over, I don't think I would've spotted that without your attention to it. Glad we hit AZ too, that one was never really in question IMO.

CASHED that muthu, thanks man.............:cheers
Thanks man.

Pretty frustrating that North Texas and UL-Monroe stopped scoring in the second half. 41 on the board at halftime and only 17 after that.